Darnell L. Brawner
Results-driven and highly accomplished Software Developer offering 14 years of successful experience designing, developing, and implementing innovative software solutions to meet the ever-changing needs of businesses. Verifiable track record of managing complex IT projects that deliver exceptional results and exceed customer expectations. Proven ability to identify the root cause of software issues and formulate a plan of action for prompt resolution to ensure customer satisfaction. Work well independently or as member of a IT team to achieve organizational goals. Skillful in developing IT strategies that increase efficiency, improve delivery of products and services, controlling costs, and supporting revenue growth. Recognized by every customer and all employers as a valuable technical resource. Possess strong programming skills, keen understanding of business needs, and how technology facilitates business growth. ü Project Management & Execution ü Software Development / Engineering ü Customer Needs Assessment ü Software Lifecycle Management ü Technology Integration & Ideation ü Web Applications ü Testing & Troubleshooting ü Installations & Configurations ü Server Administration ü Programming & Process Automation ü Software Upgrades & Deployments ü Database Management ü Web Development & Management ü New Product Development & Rollout ü Problem Solving / Resolution TECHNICAL SUMMARY
Protocols: RESTful API, CRUD, TDD
Databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MSSQL
DISYS, 100% Remote Feb 2020 May 2020
Senior Software Engineer (contractor)
Responsible for implementing e-bonding with hospitals using HL7 data feeds into patient tracking system. Using Ruby on Rails, Rspec, PostgreSQL, Aptible
Verizon, 100% Remote Feb 2009 June 2019
Lead Full Stack Developer
• Worked remotely communicating with Verizon customers to create new requirements to execute software development and implement the necessary business solutions.
• Managed devices full life cycle – device/upgrade request, quote, billing, decom
• Performed troubleshooting and fixed technical issues reported in Verizon's tracking system.
• Monitored servers and resolved any issues as needed.
• Led a team of 8 developers.
• Led a team of Developers in an agile environment developing a Verizon core enterprise solution for full lifecycle management of 24 large-scale companies with $1.2 billion in contractual obligations.
• Developed and maintained several tools including: o Quotes & Billing processing and tracking system
o Dynamic Custom Report builder tool
o Outage and SLA Notification
Hargray, Hilton Head Island, SC 2008 2009
Full Stack Developer
• Hired to replace IVR system for ticket management by creating a web-based system that enabled field techs to fill out and process their job tickets; new system eliminated majority of manual paper processing and was in real time rather than a monitoring print out.
Savannah College of Art and Design, Savannah, GA 2007 Web Developer
• Served as a Web Developer responsible for maintaining college's web page. Morris Multimedia, Statesboro, GA 2005 2007
• Designed suite of software to create and manage web presence for company's 12 newspapers. Created web pages, managed online ads, performed readership metrics, and monitored news feeds. EDUCATION
Georgia Southern University, Statesboro, GA
B.S., Computer Science
GROUPS & HOBBIES
Daufuskie Island Council, Treasure – 2yrs
Daufuskie Island BBQ Club – Founding Member
Cooking, Fishing, Homesteading, Bees