Richard W. Tanzer
Neenah, WI *4956
USPTO Reg. No. 53673
Patent professional with experience as an inventor, examiner, and agent seeking patent agent position.Skilled prior art searcher and expert at evaluating the patentability of inventions. Experience interacting with inventors, business management, attorneys, and the USPTO. Familiar with PCT application requirements. Adroit user of docketing software and prior art databases.
Patent Agent 2006 - present
● Consult with individual inventors and small businesses on patent matters.
● Conduct prior art searches.
● Prepare and prosecute patent applications.
Senior Patent Analyst 2006 - 2018
Global Patent Solutions, Scottsdale, Arizona
Cardinal Intellectual Property, Evanston, Illinois
● Conduct prior art searches for medical devices, mechanical and chemical patent application. Prepare patentability reports for the USPTO.
● Train and supervise other search professionals.
Scientist, Patent Facilitator 1984-2006
Kimberly-Clark Corporation, Neenah, Wisconsin
● Identified inventions, wrote disclosures. Drafted and prosecuted patent applications and invention publications – focus: biodegradable polymers and products, waste disposal.
● Led intellectual assets review committee.
● Intelligence – Evaluated competitive and regulatory activity vis-à-vis environmental and energy developments.
● Developed biodegradable polymers and products.
● Developed tissues, and feminine care and infant care absorbent products. Intake Director 2019 - 2020
GoldenbergLaw, Minneapolis, Minnesota
● Interview potential new clients; determine if cases meet basic criteria. Open new cases in the docketing system, enter data, ensure that forms are properly completed and signed.
● Present cases to firm attorneys for review. Follow up with clients and referring attorneys to obtain necessary information and documents.
● Lead Intake Group, provide assignments. Provide continuous process improvement, eliminate errors, improve quality.
Chemist 1975 - 1984
National Starch and Chemical Corporation, Bridgewater, New Jersey International Playtex Incorporated, Paramus, New Jersey
● Formulate binders and adhesives to meet customer needs.
● Polymer development.
● Analytical testing.
Education & Professional Development
State University of New York 1970 - 1974
New Paltz, New York
● Bachelor of Science, cum laude (chemistry)
University of Delaware 1974
● Graduate-level chemistry courses
Stevens Institute of Technology 1976 - 1980
Hoboken, New Jersey
● Graduate-level chemistry courses
● Patent law and intellectual property management classes.
● Analytical, polymer, and forensic chemistry courses.
● Leadership and management programs.
United States Patent and Trademark Office 2003
● Patent Agent, registration number 53,673
Inventor on 30 Granted US Patents and multiple foreign patents, e.g..: US 7,776,020 Absorbent articles having an aliphatic-aromatic copolyester film US 7,670,967 Dispersible alcohol/cleaning wipes via topical or wet-end application of acrylamide or vinylamide/amine polymers
US 7,153,569 Biodegradable aliphatic-aromatic copolyester films US 7,137,971 Incontinence garment having pleated extensible liquid retention layer US 6,969,378 Biaxial stretch garment
US 5,122,407 Odor-removing cover for absorbent pads and method of making same Publications - Non-Patent
Labeled Baggage, US Pat. App. 2008/0238083 (2 October 2008) M. Warford Method of detecting unauthorized access to a system or an electronic device, US Pat. App. 2007/0255818 (1 November 2007) T. Tanzer et al.
Absorbent composites containing biodegradable reinforcing fibers, US Pat. App. Pub. 2006/0147689 (6 July 2006) R. Wallajapet, R. Tanzer et al. Water-dispersible wet wipe having mixed solvent wetting composition, US Pat. App. Pub. 2006/0147505 (6 July 2006) R. Tanzer et al.
Container with Self-Timer, IP.com publication IPCOM000132447D (16 December 2005) R. Tanzer
Method and System for Conducting an Auction, US Pat. App. Pub. 200******** A1 (8 December 2005) R. Tanzer