https://www.linkedin.com/in/neeta-sinkar-5859ba94/ SOFTWARE QA ENGINEER
● A highly-motivated IT Professional with 3.5 years of experience testing software applications (Web-based ap- plications as well as iOS/Android applications).
● Experience in Complete Software Development life cycle (SDLC) and Software Test life cycle (STLC).
● Knowledge in Waterfall, V-Model in Agile XP (Extreme Programming), Scrum.
● Experience in executing the Test cases and Test Scripts in different phases of testing like GUI testing, Functional, Regression, Integration testing, End-to-End testing, System and User Acceptance testing.
● Write and execute SQL queries working with back-end DB tables for Data Validation and Veriﬁcation.
● Experience in automating regression testing using Selenium WebDriver.
● Experience in testing Web based and Mobile - Android and iOS applications.
● In-depth knowledge of project documentation especially preparing complex test plans & design test cases.
● Comfortable with Graphic Design tools like Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Fireworks & Flash.
● Exceptional ability to quickly master new software and apply full range of capabilities.
● Good problem-solving skills and team player with strong communication skills.
● Ability to work under pressure and competing deadlines.
Test Automation: Selenium WebDriver
Bug Reporting Tools: Jira, Bugzilla, TestRail
Apple’s Proprietary Tools: Radar (internal bug tracking system) Facebook’s proprietary tools: Log Insights Tool, Task Tool, Aloha Call Debugger, Aloha Assets, Aloha Device Tool RTC-Call Dive Tool, MWS Log Tool, Everystore Handle, Daiquery Tool, Symbolicator, Workplace, different Dashboards, internal Wiki Other Tools: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Fireworks & Flash
Facebook (Contractor via Tech Mahindra), 01/2020 – Present Menlo Park, CA
Software QA & Triage Specialist
Project: Portal @Facebook, Menlo Park, CA
Team Size: 10
Platform Used: Android
Facebook’s Portal devices named Portal, Portal+, Portal Mini,Portal TV & Portal Gen1, are designed primarily for high performance video calling experience which includes Amazon's Alexa voice assistant, plus Facebook's own
"Hey, Portal" voice service. "Smart Camera,” which uses AI, supports panning and zooming. Using a feature called Superframe user can display pictures from Facebook photo albums/Instagram, show birthday reminders etc. While on a call, user can try on AR masks or share music from Spotify and Pandora or parents / grandparents can read stories to young ones from “Story Time”
● Work extensively on Calling Pillar of Portal Devices
● Detailed triaging on different types of calling features like Call Quality for Audio & Video issues, Contacts, UI & overall Calling User Experiences.
● Work on different types of calls like FB Messenger, Workplace & WhatsApp calling.
● Work on newer features like FB Messenger Room where up to 50 people video calling is possible
● Do detailed log analysis on different type of Call Quality issues like poor Audio, poor Video, call crashes, calling stability, call initiation & more to analyze the root cause of the issues so as to help the developer ﬁx the bugs
● Work on Facebook’s Workplace call quality issues like bad audio quality or bad video quality
● Do detailed RTC & MWS log analysis for audio/video issues for both Messenger as well as Workplace calls
● Raise bugs on the basis of feedback from beta testers
● Flash Portal Devices on different builds according to the requirement to test different features.
● Prioritizing/tagging/escalating bugs and report blockers, processing user feedback, debugging issues, reviewing relevant logging/tooling to ﬁnd key information
Apple (Contractor via ProUnlimited), 06/2019 – 10/2019 Sunnyvale, CA
Software QA Engineer
● Work on ‘iCloud Quota Testing’
● Execute regression test suites for iCloud quota testing for web iCloud, iOS and iMac version of applications in QA environment
● Test all types of functionalities of iCloud quota features including boundary conditions, upgrade or downgrade to all levels of quota tiers, ’Family Sharing Quota testing with all possible combinations.
● File bugs / enhancements in Apple’s internal bug tracking system called ‘Radar’
● Collect ‘Charles Proxy’ logs in a ﬁle to attach for the relevant bugs for developers to check
● Plan and execute DR (Disaster Recovery) testing across different functions
● Participate in daily stand up meeting with engineering team to discuss QA results - defects, bug ﬁxes and sprint planning
EdCast (Contractor via OnshoreBiz), 02/2018 – 05/2019 Mountain View, CA
Software QA Engineer
● Develop test strategies, test plans, and test cases and user stories for software development efforts and SQA strategies using Agile testing methodology.
● Write and execute scripts in Selenium WebDriver.
● Execute regression test suite for iOS and Android version of application in QA environment.
● Collect and analyze logs using ADB.
● Develop SQL queries and used them to verify backend testing results.
● Successfully install and conﬁgure multiple test environments using Virtual Machines.
● Created new and updated existing/outdated test cases in TestRail.
● Develop Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) and Test Summary Report (TSR).
● Test applications compatibility on different browser versions (Edge, IE, Firefox, Safari and Chrome) across multi- ple platforms (Windows, Linux, Mac OS).
● Prepare QA project estimates and work breakdown structures for project and QA managers.
● Work with project managers, business analysts, and developers to get issues found during testing cycle resolved and re-delivered to QA team for retest
OnshoreBiz, Thousand Oaks, CA 11/2016 – 02/2018
Software QA Engineer
● Worked with all stages of Software Development Life Cycle and Software Testing Life Cycle.
● Wrote and executed User acceptance test cases during solution release cycles and also do defect management of the defects identiﬁed during testing.
● Used Selenium WebDriver to perform data driven testing and to parameterize data.
● Wrote SQL queries to retrieve the information from the SQL server database to check whether the information has been updated.
● Installed and utilized Mobile device Emulators, collected log ﬁles via Android SDK, ADB.
● Performed synchronization testing between Web and Mobile versions.
● Researched and articulated business requirements into Business requirement documents (BRDs).
● Performed Validation of concept before implementation (Visualization and interlinking) and Validation of function- ality changes.
● Coordinated with developers, project managers and system analysts to resolve various issues related to bug ﬁx- ing, re-analyzing certain functionalities and providing creative feedbacks. Bachelor's Degree in Science (Physics) from Mumbai, India Diploma/training in Computer Software from Mumbai University, India Training in Software Programming from NCST (National Center for Software Technology, Mumbai, India) Training in Web Design from AcademyX, San Jose, CA Green Card