firstname.lastname@example.org 862-***-**** linkedin.com/in/shea-vero Barrington, IL 60010
I will be receiving my Bachelor of Science in Business Information Systems from Lehigh University in August 2020. I am looking to apply my technical expertise and my strong interpersonal skills, that I have acquired throughout my rigorous education and prior internship experience, into the data science field. Through my originality, quick-thinking, and technical competency I can provide value to the overall organization. Education
Lehigh University Bethlehem, PA (Sept. 2016 – Aug. 2020) Bachelor of Science (BS) in Business Information Systems (GPA: 3.05) Relevant Courses:
• Intro. to Information Systems (BIS 111)
• Managing Information Systems Analysis
and Design (BIS 311)
• Business Data Management (BIS 324)
• Application Development for Business
• Predictive Analytics in Business (BIS 348)
• Advanced Topics in Business Analytics (BIS 352)
• Technology and Software Ventures (ENTP 304)
• Fundamentals of Programming (CSE 002)
• Proficient in MS Office ( Excel, Access, Powerpoint, Visio, and Project)
• SQL Proficiency
• Java Proficiency
• Intermediate knowledge of R
Party City Rockaway, NJ (June 2019 – August 2019) The leading party goods and Halloween specialty retailer by revenue in North America. Business Information Systems Intern : Responsible for performing data and location analysis for seasonal and specialty holiday merchandise within North America.
• Determined seasonal product distribution based on population data, historical data, and Party City historical sales data, using both Microsoft excel and R. Party City Rockaway, NJ (July 2018 – August 2018) Finance Intern : Responsible for determining seasonal rental locations for Party City’s Halloween City stores and analyzing sales and traffic flow models to determine future store successes.
• Optimized store locations using historical sales analysis.
• Performed a cost/benefit analysis on seasonal rental locations, using annual traffic flow data. Party City Rockaway, NJ (June 2017 – August 2017) Finance Intern : Responsible for developing a competitive analysis between companies, alongside Party City’s Senior Director of Strategic Planning. Built technical skills in data analytics and created a plan for Party City to move forward.
• Designed a plan for Party City to take their company “on-the-go” with The Party Spo.t This project won the best internship presentation, and a team was implemented to the project by Party City in 2019.
• Recommended new pricing structures and merchandising alternatives for competitive merchandise.