SENIOR INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DIRECTOR.
Highly qualify IT Director in Oil, Gas, Utilities, Service Providers and Banking with strong background in IT Infrastructure Projects, Support and Consolidation Management. Proven record in integrating different sources of data to delivered valuable information for C-level. Successful proven ability to streamline new processes, improve efficiency, challenge the Status Quos and boost multicultural team performance. Areas of Expertise
Project Management Artificial Intelligence Contract Management Business Transformation Cybersecurity Data Center Consolidation Vendor Management Cloud, SaaS, IaaS, DR Outsourcing Negotiation Coaching Strategist
NetReady, Bogota, Colombia 2019
IT Consultant Solutions to Technologies and Health Service Providers
● Contributed to strategy and road map definition for business Transformation Projects, Identifying Key Success factor, Business Engagement issues, and key staff coaching BANCO DAVIVIENDA, Bogota, Colombia 2017 – 2018
● Successfully implemented a Regional Cyber Defense Center and Data Center relocation projects.
● Implemented an effective methodology for projects execution which allow reduced the bidding and selection process by 30%.
PACIFIC EXPLORATION & PRODUCTION, Bogota, Colombia 2011 – 2017 IT/OT Executive Director
● Transformed the IT organization improving in 25% projects delivery to core business areas and increasing customer satisfaction in 15%.
● Transformed core E&P value chain processes through the integration of information technology (IT) and operation technology (OT) organizations, reducing in 2.8 MM$ the IT operation, support, field staff expenses and IT maintenance costs.
● Influenced C-Levels and board of directors to consider IT/OT integration as key success factor in the execution of business strategy, achieving a 28% increase in resources allocation for IT/OT projects.
● Improved the business’ decision-making processes by implementing innovative smart algorithms, machine learning and smart things to integrate operation data and business data, generating new insights that contributed to cost reduction and 200 bpd oil production optimization
● Optimized through market’s best practices the company Software and Hardware portfolio, with cost reduction of 1.6 MM$.
● Outsourced 90% of IT operation and support for oil fields smashing cost and improving service performance and availability
DAYCOHOST, Caracas, Venezuela 2002 – 2011
Director for Service Delivery and Service Development.
● Obtained revenue grows of 40%-60% for four consecutive years thru the strategy alignment of Service Delivery, Sales and Marketing organization.
● Obtained an increase up to 89 % of customer satisfaction implementing best practices and new services in IT service management.
● Improved 35% the efficiency of new projects rollout allowing to compete with the country big companies.
● Designed a project to optimize data center facility service offering and integrated infrastructure architecture to provide managed services, reducing space by 35% and energy efficiency by 15%. INTESA (PDVSA IT Outsourcing), Caracas, Venezuela 1997 - 2002 Executive Director Service Delivery
● Conducted a change management process transforming the organization from an internal IT service delivery to a leading commercial Company in Latin America.
● Designed and Implemented a new service model integrating IT processes across the corporation, enabling competitiveness, reducing costs in 24% and increasing customer satisfaction at 88%
● Introduced new proactive service monitors with self-healing algorithms to prevent service outages, reducing critical services incidents by 27% and boosting security services effectiveness to 99.3%
● Renegotiated license and support contracts with multiple vendors (Oracle, MS, IBM, Sun Microsystem, Halliburton, Schlumberger, Cisco, HP) improving SLA and achieving approx. 29 MM$/year in saving.
● Promoted PDVSA data center consolidation from 23 to 3, successfully managing applications ownership, technology and networking access, improving application performance by 20%, reducing Data Center infrastructure, Data Bases, Applications, Telecoms expenses up to a 9 MM$/ year.
● Headed the design and Implementation of the Integrated Service Center for 35.000 users, improving service level and customer satisfaction up to 92%, achieving a contractual 6 MM$ incentive.
● Consolidated the National Oil Industry (PDVSA) Network (LAN/WAN) boosting business applications performance and reducing networking cost by 28%
PRIOR EXPERIENCES: Telecom Services, E&P Facilities Automation Projects EDUCATION
MS Engineering Management, Florida Institute of Technology, Melbourne, Florida BS Electrical Engineering, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Worcester, Massachusetts PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Coaching Program, Pacific Rubiales University, Bogota Colombia Leadership Development Program and Train the Trainer, Pacific Rubiales University, Bogota, Colombia Gartner Enterprise Architecture Summit / Several Gartner Symposium & ITXPO PDVSA Business Leader, Harvard Business School, Cambridge, Massachusetts Leadership Program, Tom Peters Organization, Caracas, Venezuela Strategic Negotiation, Harvard Business School / PDVSA Executive Education Center, Caracas, Venezuela. Product Development: Analysis, Strategy & Launch, Wharton Executive School, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Executive Program, Instituto de Estudios Superiores de Administración (IESA), Caracas, Venezuela Process and Instrumentation Control for Oil & Gas, Shell Oil training center, The Netherlands