Arezu Shekari, PA-C
● 2015: Certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
● 2015: Licensed by the North Carolina State Board of Physician Assistant Examiners
● 2017 - 2019: Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers, American Heart Association
● 2017 - 2019: Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support, American Heart Association
● 2015 - present: DEA license
Johnston Medical Center, Smithfield, NC May 2015 - June 2019, May 2020-present Physician Assistant, Certified
● Obtain history and perform a complete or problem focused physical examination of patients
● Order and perform, evaluate, interpret and integrate findings of diagnostic tests and procedures to formulate health management plan
● Evaluate and make recommendations for the patient health management plan
● Provide patient/family education and counseling.
● Discuss patient care needs with physician and other health professionals when appropriate.
● Refer patients to physician or to specialized healthcare resources for consultation/treatment as appropriate. Caliburn International, New York, New York April 2020 Physician Assistant, Certified
● Assisted in setting up the US National Tennis Center as a medical field hospital to treat COVID-19 patients.
● Worked alongside a medical team to diagnose and treat patients
● Maintained universal precautions and infection control practices.
● Trained medical providers on use of EPIC EMR
Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston MA August 2019- March 2020 Physician Assistant, Certified
● Provide direct care, counseling, and teaching to patients in the inpatient setting
● Perform complete histories and physical examinations
● Order, interpret, and evaluate appropriate laboratory and diagnostic tests
● Develop appropriate plans of care and follow-up based on the outcomes of diagnostic, laboratory, and physical examination findings
Elon University January 2013 - March 2015
Department of Physician Assistant Studies, Elon, NC M.S. Physician Assistant Studies
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC August 2007 - May 2011 Bachelor of Arts, Biology, Psychology, 2011
● Fellow Member, American Academy of Physician Assistants, since 2013
● Member, North Carolina Academy of Physician Assistants, since 2013 Interests and Added Qualifications
● Training in Epic and Meditech
● Fluent in Farsi