Sebastopol, CA *****
Please contact me via LinkedIn or Betts Recruiting
Summary My areas of expertise, starting from my most recent work, are: data prep, data design, database maintenance and QA, localization, international marketing, UX research, visual design. With both application design and database design, I encourage teams to step back, to not be afraid to model their ideas first, as a way to save time and money. Increasingly I have been using Tableau to build "tools" used by other departments. Experience Stonecrop – Data Technician May 2018 – Aug 2019 Helping our team process client and warehouse data, managing the content in our databases,and improving the quality of our data. I am part of both the Data Ops and the Insights & Analysis team, using Tableau to build tools for our warehouses and for reporting back to our clients. Tool set includes: AWS, Airflow, VS Code, iTerm, Excel, Github, Tableau
(Desktop, Server, Online), Jira, Slack. Languages: zsh, SQL, Python. Tetra Tech – Quality Control Jan 2018 – Mar 2018
● Monitoring operations and all work for adherence to the DROP Plan.
● Ensuring inspections are conducted and proper sequences followed.
● Reviewed all Right Of Entry documents.
● Ensured the implementation of the Automated Debris Management System and Activity Hazard Analysis.
● Reduced EOD workflow and process time for data verification, saving the company hundreds of man-hours and approximately $3,300 a day. Ashbury Designs – Visual & Data Design Sep 2016 – Jan 2018
● Worked with companies to visualize their data (using Tableau).
● Collected and prepared data.
● Improved decision-making time on average by 40%
eBay – Project Manager Sep 2015 – Mar 2016
● Worked with Human Language Technologists and Language Specialists in an agile environment.
● Core member of Structured Data team
● Data extraction, prep, and visualization (BI & QA dashboards) using Tableau
● Machine Learning: trained two separate Machine Translation engines using eBay corpora.
● Increased translation volume by 15%
Tableau Software – Localization Jan 2013 – Apr 2015
● Content localization, design, program development and sales enablement for international markets.
● Our gross sales more than doubled every year
● Data entry, prep and visualization for quarterly reports Education Lewis & Clark College - Asian Studies with Foreign Languages University of Washington - HCDE Certificate – Global Technology & Communication Mgmt Skills Data prep (ETL/ELT). Project management. Can work in an agile environment. Can run two week sprints and stand-up meetings (Kanban)