Dr. Mona Foda Salama, MD, CIC
** ****** ****, ****, *********, Ontario M9B 0A4
Cell: 905-***-**** I Email: mfodamd @yahoo.com. LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/monafodasalama Summary
• Result-oriented Medical Professional offering over 10 Years of experience in Clinical Microbiology, Infection Prevention and Control, Research analysis and Teaching.
• Certificate in Infection Control (CIC), Fellow of the Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (FAPIC).
• Fellowship of Canadian College of Microbiologists (FCCM), 2019.
• Centennial College Infection Prevention & Control Course, 2019.
• Observership Microbiology Department, Mount Sinai Hospital, February 2020
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills and a dedicated team member.
• Highly skilled in teaching,handling multiple tasks simultaneously and ability to work under pressure.
• Conversant with MS Office, word processing, spreadsheet and database applications and excellent presentation and statistical skills.
• Ph.D. Microbiology, 2004, from Mansoura University School of Medicine, Egypt.
• Fellowship Canadian College of Microbiologists (FCCM), 2019.
• Master of Microbiology (MSc), 1999 from Mansoura University School of Medicine, Egypt.
• MD (Physician), 1994 from Mansoura University School of Medicine, Egypt. Work EXPERIENCE
Research Assistant ( Microbiology) January 2020 - Present Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute, Toronto
Mount Sinai Health
Volunteer Infection Prevention and Control July 2019 - Present WestPark Health Care Centre, Toronto
UHN Toronto General Hospital
Infection Prevention and Control Consultant. September 2005 - May 2019 Ministry of Health, Kuwait
• Founded the Infection Prevention and Control Program in Dasman Diabetes Institute (DDI) and monitored the implementation of Accreditation Canada International (ACI) standards.
• Coordinated the postgraduate training program at Kuwait Institute of Medical Education (KIMS).
• Participated in formulating and successfully implementing various protocols of Infection Control practices, conducted surveillance of infection control practices, compliance audits, staff education programs, assisted in designing antibiotic stewardship program and managed outbreaks.
• Chaired the construction committee responsible for reviewing and approval of health care facilities designs and ensuring the proper implementation of Infection Control policies during construction, renovation, maintenance and design (CRMD).
• Monitored the hospital-wide surveillance program for healthcare-associated infections in collaboration with International Nosocomial Infection Control Consortium (INICC).
• Coordinated Patient Safety and Risk Management Committee in charge of monitoring the proper application of patients’ safety solutions.
• Assisted in development of program for the proper management of blood/body fluid exposure, and sharp injuries.
• Coordinated training and education programs of healthcare providers.
• Speaker in various conferences, CMEs and events with published papers in journals
• Organized various conferences and events on Infection prevention and control. Microbiology and Medical Immunology Department. April 1996 - May 2019 Mansoura University School of Medicine, Egypt
• Worked on automated systems (BACT ALERT, VITEK 2 Compact, ELISA, PFGE).
• Principle Investigator in various research projects undertaken by the Department.
• Taught graduate, postgraduate and nursing students, subject of Microbiology and Infection Prevention and Control. Latest Publications
• Benchmarking for surgical site infections among gastrointestinal surgeries and related risk factors: multicenter study in Kuwait. Infection and drug resistance. September 2018.
• Impact of the International Nosocomial Infection Control Consortium (INICC) multidimensional approach on rates of ventilator-associated pneumonia in intensive care units of two hospitals in Kuwait. JIP, March2018.
• The Burden of Acinetobacter baumannii in the Intensive Care Unit of a Teaching Hospital in Kuwait Over a 3-Year Period. Open Forum Infectious Diseases 4(suppl 1):S174-S175 · October 2017.
• Device-associated infection rates, bacterial resistance, length of stay and mortality in Kuwait: International Nosocomial Infection Consortium findings. American Journal of Infection Control 44(2016) 444-9.
• Implementation of central venous catheter bundle in an intensive care unit in Kuwait: Effect on central line- associated bloodstream infections. Journal of Infection and Public Health, 2016 (9), 43-41. OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
• Certificate in Infection Control (CIC), Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology, Inc. (CBIC), 2016.
• Fellow of the Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (FAPIC),2020.
• Diplomate American Board Medical Microbiology D (ABMM), 2018.
• Diplomate Royal College of Pathologists (DipRCPath), 2011.
• Accreditation Canada international (ACI) Education Program, 2016.
• Antimicrobial Stewardship: Measuring, Auditing and Improving. ESCMID postgraduate Education Course.UK
• Regional training on Preventing needle stick injuries and Occupational blood borne pathogens. (Epi-Net),2015. Membership
• Infection Prevention and a Control, Canada (IPAC).
• Canadian College of Microbiologists.
• Canadian Association for Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases. SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Extensive knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods and their application.
• In depth knowledge of Accreditation Canada International (ACI) standards implementation with recognized experience in Quality management and risk assessment.
• Experienced with teaching strategies and adult education.
• Competent in data collection and analysis tasks.
• Experienced with electronic databases.
• Experienced with Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook).
• Intermediate experience with the use of statistical software.
• Ability to understand and analyze academic research literature.
• Detail oriented, well organized and ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
• Fast-paced learner, adapts to changing environment with deadlines met in a timely manner. References are available upon request