ELECTRICAL PROJECTS MANAGER, CEng, MIET, M.Sc.
Date of Birth 27th, October 1968.
Present Location Doha, Qatar.
Present Employer Qatari Diar for Real Estate Development.
E-mail Address firstname.lastname@example.org
CEng Registration No. 674562
SKYPE account hosam1068
Mobile No. +974********
Over 25 years, dealing with both design management and construction of Electrical Power and Low Current activities for different types and scales of residential, commercial, touristic, Infrastructures and Oil & Gas Projects, …. in such a way to ensure that the projects are designed / constructed in fully compliance with international / local codes and within the optimum cost fulfilling all the entire stakeholders’ requirements. This experience was supported with both B.Sc. & M.Sc. in Power and Electrical Machines Engineering on 1992 & 1999 respectively.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & INDUSTRY RELATED TRAINING / COURSES
1. M.Sc. in Power and Electrical Machines Engineering, Cairo University, 1999.
2. B.Sc. in Power and Electrical Machines Engineering, Cairo University, 1992.
3. Introduction courses for Professional Engineer Certificate (PE), Toronto, Canada.
4. Working in hazardous areas, ADMA-OPCO HSE course, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
5. Permit to Work, ADMA-OPCO HSE course, DAS Island, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
6. Distributed Generation Certified Professional (DGCP), the Association of Energy Engineers (AEE), Cairo, Egypt.
7. MMUP Qatari Engineering Registered Card No. 22916.
Ser Employment Name Employment Type/Industry From To Position 1 Qatari Diar (Doha, Qatar) Real Estate Developer (www.qataridiar.com). 06/2014 Now Electrical Projects
Qatar Project Management
Project Management Consultant
3 Abu Dhabi Ports Company (ADPC) /
General Dynamics (JV)
Electrical & Special Systems Contractor
4 Abu Dhabi National Oil Company
(ADNOC) / K-Home International
Project / Construction Management Consultant
5 Egyptian Electrical Regulatory Agency
Ministry of Electricity & Energy
03/2007 07/2008 Electrical Engineer.
6 DORRA Group of Companies
Real Estate Developer (www.dorra.com). 08/1996 02/2007 Client
7 Engineering Consulting Group (ECG)
Main Consultant (www.ecgsa.com). 02/1994 07/1996 Electrical Designer. 8
OSTEN for Electrical Contracting
Electrical Contractor. 08/1992 02/1994
Page 2 of 7 Hosam Mousa Resume, CEng, MIET, M.Sc.
LIST OF SELECTED PROJECTS:
Ser Project Name Location Project’s Description Position 1 Qatari Diar New Head Quarter. Doha, Qatar.
Around 65,000 m2, three separate buildings each consists of 8 floors with two basements, located in Lusail City Electrical Projects
Commercial Boulevard Project &
Seef Lusail High Rise Buildings.
Different types and scales of residential, commercial and high-rise buildings projects located in Lusail City. Electrical Projects
3 Yacht Club & Marina Restaurant. Doha, Qatar.
Around 1,000 m2, two floors with basement floor for MEP services facing the sea, located in Lusail City.
4 Orientalist Museum. Doha, Qatar.
Around 76,000 m2 iconic project consist of four floors located in Lusail City.
KHALIFA Port & Industrial Zone
Abu Dhabi, UAE.
Multi-purpose facility that involves the construction of a world-scale container and industrial port in addition to development of over 100 sq.km of industrial, logistics, commercial, educational, and residential special economic and free zones.
Lead Electrical /
Construction Police Station
Compound on DAS Island.
Abu Dhabi, UAE.
Offshore project consists of 12 buildings belongs to different stakeholders with a total GFA of around 35,000 m2 located in DAS Island.
7 IBEROTEL Grand Sharm Resort.
330 guest rooms &suites, 5 Stars Resort.
Marriott Golden View Resort &
410 guest rooms & suite, 5 Stars Resort.
Terminal No.3, Cairo Airport
One of the main international airports in Egypt serving both international and local flights.
10 Soma Bay Sheraton Resort. Gouna, Egypt. 450 guest rooms & suite, 5 Stars Hotel. Electrical
11 Hadayek El-Mohandiseen. Cairo, Egypt. Compound of around 300 Villas in Zayed. Client
12 Zayed 2000 & Shorouk 2000. Cairo, Egypt.
Compound consists of around 400 Villas with the related infrastructure services.
13 Etisalat Communication Towers. Dubai, UAE. Communications towers belongs to Etisalat Company. Electrical
Ayoun Mousa Thermal Power
Suez, Egypt. 2500 MW thermal power station in Suez Area. Electrical
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Review, comment and approve the consultant's different deliverables through the different design stages of the projects.
• Review and approve the total electrical connected load for each project.
• Release and approve the "Request for Proposal" (RFP) submitted to the consultant to proceed with the design procedures.
• Attend and comment the different entire workshops to follow progress of design stages. Position (1) Electrical Projects / Design Manager
Company Qatari Diar / Lusail Real Estate Development Company. Projects
Qatari Diar Head Quarter.
Commercial Boulevard Project
Seef Lusail Mix Use High Rise Buildings.
Lusail Plaza Towers
Duration 6/2014 – Now
Page 3 of 7 Hosam Mousa Resume, CEng, MIET, M.Sc.
• Review, comment and endorse the power supply and other engineering requirements for the Data Centers including but not limited to total electrical demand, HVAC systems, Fire Alarm / Fighting Systems…
• Attend all the "Factory / Site Acceptance Test" (FAT/SAT).
• Conduct the required coordination with both utilities / stakeholders Position (2) Lead Electrical Engineer.
Lusail real Estate Development Company / Qatar Project Management.
Project Orientalist Museum Project.
Duration 8/2012 – 05/2014
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Act a senior electrical / MEP Engineer for the project (CP14) which includes an orientalist museum, park and 5 starts hotel in the city of Lusail, North of Doha, Qatar.
• Revise, comment and approve the design drawings (schematic, development, working and tender).
• Roles and responsibilities are identical to that specified for the role of project management consultant, including but not limited to revising / approve / comment the different types / phases of the drawings submitted by the consultants, as well the specifications and BOQ, and follow up the construction phase.
• Work with line manager to establish high quality Electrical services practices, methodologies, guidelines, procedures and detailing for ensuring effective design and implementation.
• Develop working templates for establishing client/stakeholders’ requirements, conducting site studies and provide support for contractor/consultants and sub-contractors/sub-consultants.
• Develop guidelines for value engineering for projects to help onsite teams to deliver high quality Electrical solutions ensuring regulatory and HSE compliance with standards.
• Ensure appropriate usage and application of the Project Management System with respect to entry and analysis of work-related data to facilitate seamless communication of all relevant (technical/non-technical) information across the organization on a real time basis for maximum effectiveness.
• Assist in the development of the RFP and scope of services for consultants by establishing Electrical/ICT deliverables matrix for each design stage and phased gateways.
• Response to tenders’ queries.
• Conduct a design review at each phase, phased gateways on all Electrical/ICT submissions, and ensure completeness, correctness and compliance with the project intent.
• Ensure incorporation of comments from previous design reviews.
• Review utilities connection points and ensure that buildings loads are in-line with the utility’s capacities.
• Achieve a detailed understanding of the Contract documents (drawings, reports and specifications), and advise the project managers on matters related to electrical systems.
• Develop a “working life templates” for establishing and tracking site construction progress related to Electrical activities and ensure that is in alignment with project specifications, cost estimates
• Perform field activities such as observing and recording existing site conditions undertake and verify measurements, review contractors’ claims, against the Electrical/ICT documents.
• Serve as the centralized resource for all matters related to Electrical systems and Utilities and facilitate problem solving and escalations as raised by contractors, consultant sand clients during construction.
• Assist in receiving contractor’s as-built drawings and submittals, review them, raise issues, and suggest alternative solutions.
• Attend and participate in Client meetings to direct and control the activities of onsite teams and subcontractors in alignment with the service agreements.
• Assist in negotiations with contractors regarding the value of claims or changes in schedules and prepare recommendations on claims.
• Liaison with consultants, Electrical/ICT supervisory engineers, Inspectors and with local authorities and ministerial agencies and assist the construction manager in monitoring NOC`s procurement, quality reporting, quality audits on materials on site and permits with authorities.
• Review contract material submittals for approval in coordination with the supervision consultant. Monitoring and supervise consultant activities
• for conformance with the provisions of the Contract Documents and the Procedures manual. Roles and Responsibilities:
Position (3) Interface Manager / Lead Electrical Engineer Company Page Europa/AL-JABER (JV), A General Dynamics Company Project Khalifa Port and Industrial Zone (KPIZ), Abu Dhabi, UAE Duration October / 2010 – April / 2012
Page 4 of 7 Hosam Mousa Resume, CEng, MIET, M.Sc.
• Carry out and ensure all the interfaces and coordination activities between the different divisions in the company, as well, all the parties participating in the project, including client’s representative, PMC team, and all other package’s contractors.
• Ensure the complete compliance between the issued drawings, project’s specifications, Bill of Quantities and all the entire bilateral correspondences.
• Liaise with all stakeholders identifying their entire requirements.
• Develop consent management plan and schedule.
• Assist the Client with the preparation to Stakeholder’s correspondences.
• Follow up all the paper document resulted from either client / PMC requirement or site modifications, this includes but not limited to draft modified BOQ, quotation proposal, variation order, instruction to proceed…
• Conduct meetings with all the stakeholders regarding their requirements and ensure that their requirements are fully achieved in the issued drawings.
• Study, comment and approve action / construction plans submitted by the sub-contractors to ensure the compliance with the project’s plan.
• Coordinate with the both: procurement, engineering, constructions and QA/QC departments regarding the issuance of the entire purchasing orders.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Review electrical drawings, BOQ, specifications submitted by Consultant and assured the compatibility with the required scope of work in Full Corporation with the client.
• Review the Electrical drawings, reports, specification submitted by the Design Consultant(s) at each stage of the Design to ensure completeness, correctness, compliance with the scope of work and agreements requirements.
• Carry out constructability review during the Design and Modification stages.
• Review the Design Consultant(s) submittals in a timely manner and forward comments to the Design Coordination Manager.
• Ensure the Design Consultant(s) incorporates the comments raised from previous stage.
• Carry out all electrical engineering activities started with conceptual design and ended by handing over all the activities of the project to end user.
• Assist in preparing the scope of work for Consultants and ensure that executed works are constructed on site in accordance with tender documents.
• Review, comment and approve electrical shop drawings, Material Approval Requests (MAR), Material Verification Record (MVR).
• Follow up progress of works through the continuous existence on site.
• Review and approve any change proposals or requests (CTN & CR) in accordance with the client quality plan.
• Issue a Non-Conformance Report (NCR) for works contradicting with codes, drawings and specifications.
• Attend and witness Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) for major electrical equipment.
• Quick response to contractor Requests for Information (RFI).
• Support the effort of resolving the pending and punched items during project stages.
• Fully understands the company HSE policy, procedures, regulations and objectives as they relate to area of responsibility.
• Review and approve electrical calculation sheets regarding short circuit, voltage drop, wires/cables sizing, lighting schemes and earthing systems for different distribution systems.
• Review and approve contractor’s shop drawings, redline markup drawings and as- built drawings.
• Ensure the complete interface between different electrical and low current systems achieving the maximum level of safety and synchronization between all the project’s systems, (e.g. interface between fire alarm system and HVAC, interface between H2S system, FM200 and fire alarm system)
• Approve the monthly progress payment as well as main and control milestones.
• Revise and approve project’s close out report.
• Participate in the pre-qualification of the construction contractors.
• Review and reply to Bidders clarifications, participate in issuing bulletins and attending technical meeting with bidders during tender stage. Position (4) Senior Electrical Engineer
Company K-Home International Ltd / ADNOC (PMC)
Construction of Police Station in DAS Island, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
Duration August / 2008 – July / 2010
Page 5 of 7 Hosam Mousa Resume, CEng, MIET, M.Sc.
Position (5) Electrical Engineer
Company Egyptian Electric Regulatory Agency
Duration March / 2007 – July / 2008
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Monitor and evaluate the technical and financial performance of electrical distribution companies through key performance indicators systems.
• Participate in studies relating to electrical tariffs for the different types of customers.
• Participate in preparing the Law of Electricity in Egypt.
• Participate in preparing the Unified Regulations for connecting the electrical power supply for different types of customers.
• Study the complaints raised from different types of customers and provide the corresponding technical justifications / solutions. Roles and Responsibilities:
• Review and approve tender documents submitted by Consultants.
• Prepare scope of work equipped with time schedule for the electrical works.
• Ensue that the design criteria for the project are on optimum basis and completely complying with scope of work.
• Review the materials proposed by the contractor and subcontractors and propose alternatives to improve quality, future maintenance, and safety and cost effectiveness.
• Revise and approve both shop drawings and as built drawings.
• Monitoring and following up installation work through attending weekly site visits. Position (7) Electrical Designer
Company Engineering Consulting Group (ECG)
Robinson Club, 5 stars hotel, Hurghada, Egypt.
Soma Bay Sheraton, Hurghada, Egypt.
Communication International Towers, Dubai, UAE.
Ayoun Mousa Thermal Power Stations, Egypt.
Cairo Airport, Terminal No.3, Egypt.
Duration February / 1994 – April / 1996
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Prepare tender documents for different types of projects including drawings, bill of quantities and specifications in accordance with international electrical specifications, codes and client requirements. Position (6) Owner Electrical Representative Engineer / Electrical Designer Company DORRA Group of Companies
Iberotel Grand Sharm, 5 stars hotels, Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt.
Creative Grand Sharm Resort, 4 stars hotel, Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt.
Marriott Golden View, 5 stars hotel, Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt.
Creative Mexicana Resort, 4 stars motel, Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt.
Diamond Sharm Resort, 5 stars hotel, Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt.
Greens, 500 luxurious villas, international school, Zayed city, Egypt.
Golden Beach Touristic Village in North Coast, Egypt.
Development Research & Technological Planning Center, Cairo, Egypt. Duration August / 1996 – February / 2007
Page 6 of 7 Hosam Mousa Resume, CEng, MIET, M.Sc.
• Prepare electrical distribution plans for different electrical activities using AutoCAD including: indoor and outdoor lighting, small power outlets, power outlets, low current systems, and fire alarm system, audio, video and sound systems.
• Prepare schematic and single line diagrams for the main electrical distribution system of the project.
• Prepare technical calculations including but not limited to: Capacities of transformers and diesel generators - Voltage drop and short circuit - Indoor and Outdoor lighting for different applications - lightning and earthing systems.
• Attend meetings with end-users to ensure the maximum coordination. Position (8) Electrical Site Engineer
Company OSTEN Contracting Company
Project GHQ of Ministry of Interiors, Down Town, Cairo, Egypt. Duration August / 1992 – February / 1994
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Study, review and estimate the electrical works in reference with the specifications.
• Prepare a list of required materials or weekly basis.
• Guide a group of technicians and workers to execute the electrical works as per design drawings.
• Prepare work plan on daily and weekly basis.
• Ensure that the purchased materials are complying with the project specifications.
• Conduct coordination meeting with other disciplines.
• Prepare shop drawings, redline markup drawings and as built drawings. EDUCATION
1- B.Scs. in Power and Electrical Machines Engineering: Faculty of Engineering, Cairo University, 1987 – 1992. Different subjects were studied over five years, such as physics, mechanics, mathematics, descriptive geometry, engineering drawings, chemistry, production engineering, properties and strengthen of materials, electrical and magnetic fields, electrical circuit theory, electrical power engineering, electrical machines, industrial management, instrumentation and control, control systems, electrical power systems, computational techniques and industrial power electronics.
2- M.Sc. in Power and Electrical Machines Engineering: Faculty of Engineering, Cairo University, 1997 – 1999. Title of the thesis was “An Optimal Based Demand Side Management (DSM) Formulations: It is potential applications and Impact in Egypt”. The thesis presents a mathematical formula based on both linear and non-linear programming to solve DSM programs, and to explain the advantages of the DSM as an effective tool in energy conservation, without any additional constraints on the end user level of comfort. Thesis also discussed the basis of tariff system in the existence of BOOT power interconnected pools in the region. PICTURES FOR SELECTED PROJECTS
Page 7 of 7 Hosam Mousa Resume, CEng, MIET, M.Sc.
SEEF LUSAIL TOWERS
SEEF LUSAIL PLAZA TOWERS
ROYAL GRAND SHARM
MARIOTT GOLDEN VIEW