The George Washington University, Washington, DC
Master’s Degree in Paralegal Studies January 2020
Graduate Certificate in Paralegal Studies May 2019 Relevant coursework: Legal Research & Writing, American Jurisprudence, Contracts, Litigation, Business Entities, Government Contracts Law, International Law, and Intellectual Property Law Hoa Sen University, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Bachelor of Art, Tourism and Hospitality Management September 2011 LEGAL EXPERIENCE
PORT IMMIGRATION PLLC, Seattle, WA April 2020 - Present Immigration Paralegal
● Work with client HR services, global mobility, and recruiting personnel to collect or review documentation, prepare petitions and applications for submission to United States Citizenship and Immigration Services
(USCIS) and the Department of Labor (DOL) for non-immigrant and immigrant status for foreign national employees.
● Draft, finalize, prepare U.S. immigration petitions, forms, support letters, and relevant evidence for both IV and NIV matters including H-1B, L-1, O-1, TN, E-3, E-2, PERM, EB-1 (OR, EA, MNM), EB-2 (PERM + NIW), EB-3, AOS, etc.
TROW & RAHAL, P.C., Bethesda, MD
Immigration Legal Assistant November 2018 - November 2019
● Drafted family-based, employment-based adjustment of status, F-1 STEM OPT, EAD (I-765), Re-entry Permit, Advance Parole (I-131), I-130, Immigrant Visa - Consular Processing, I-751, Naturalization (N-400), H-1B, I-539, DACA, and related applications.
● Prepared the first drafts of immigration forms and materials for attorney/paralegal review.
● Checked incoming and outgoing mail including reviewing and organizing USCIS notices. Maintained and organized electronic and hardcopy case files. Updated files with case status and information. WORK GLOBAL VIETNAM INC., Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam Recruitment Consultant, Liaison, and J-1 Visa Manager May 2012 - May 2014
● Collaborated between American sponsors, Vietnamese agencies, and potential applicants for J-1 visa.
● Conducted one-on-one interviews with potential applicants to determine if they are qualified for J-1 visa. WORK EXPERIENCE
Customer Service Associate, FedEx Office,Washington, DC June 2018 - October 2018 Personal Care Provider, Care.com, Washington, DC June 2016 - June 2018 Management Trainee/Hospitality, Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa, Morgantown, WV July 2013 - July 2014 Shift Manager,Viet-Bowling, Inc., Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam May 2011 - May 2012 SKILLS
● Proficient in Microsoft Office Systems including: Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
● Legal Research and Writing Skills including: Proficiency in use of Westlaw, LexisNexis paralegal research databases, Bluebook, Cite-Checking, Case Brief Writing, and Casemap