Safety Specialist-Turner Industries Baton Rouge, La February 2018- May 2019 Safety Specialist responsible for assisting management and personnel with implementing Turner Safety Standards. Bringing safety awareness to all employees while creating a balance of safety and performance in the field. Duties;
• Preformed all craft specific training and evaluate the effectiveness of safety program, designed improvements and works with management to implement identified improvements.
• Daily auditing of JHA’s, permits and employees performance to provide advice and manage key risk areas including Crane safety, Construction Safety, Fall prevention and Gas safety.
• Monitor field activities to verify the work is performed in compliance with approved safety plan.
• Developed field safety management materials including safety meeting topics, Inspection checklist and assist with weekly and daily safety meetings and communication.
• Assisting with tracking and analyzing accident trends/frequency rates and communicates target specific recommendations for improved safety performance to department managers.
• Maintains personnel and training records on all employees, while monitoring and analyzing the need for additional employee training to maximize safe working environment.
• Tracking and maintaining all files and audits in Medgate system which allows corporate to verify compliance within Turner’s safety standard.
• Tracking, ordering and auditing all employees uniforms provided by Cintas to maintain company standards. Safety Director-Hinton Construction Baton Rouge, La February 2017-February 2018 Safety Manager responsible for creating and implementing company’s first safety program at LSU Gateway Project.by using my ten years of HS&E experience and common sense while decreasing incident rates and increasing safety awareness. Duties:
• Assist, coordinate and train corporate management and field supervisors on company’s new safety program.
• Developed and updated companies HS&E safety plan.
• Instituted company’s JSA program and Issue work permits.
• Composed the site-specific safety manual to eliminate unsafe work practices.
• Developed company’s site-specific orientation, conducted training for all employees meeting state and federal requirements.
• Analyzed injury and accident statistics identifying areas needing improvements and implementing corrective actions to decrease risk for accidents.
• Preformed all training and site indoctrination.
Safety Inspector-Bay Industrial Safety Services Inc. Baton Rouge, La August 2014 – December 2017 Focal point for the Port Allen, La Genesis Energy project to ensue managers, supervisors and contractors are carrying out their roles in compliance with Genesis health and safety policies and procedures. Duties;
• Issued permits prior to contractors starting work to ensure all scope of work is included and procedures are followed.
• Serving as first responder to all investigatons of safety incidents and accidents.
• Maintained audits of H&S documents. Assisted in documentation of contractual agreements with third party organizations to verify compliance of company HS&E standards.
• Conducted field and equipment audits, supported contractors and issued permits.
• Preformed Root Cause analysis for incident/accident investigations.
• Conduct daily and weekly site meetings.
• Produced risk assessments while implementing IH controls.
• Maintained awareness of new legislation & development in HS&E to advise the company of any changes.
• Preformed safety inductions identified all training requirements ensuing COSHH compliance is maintained.
• Preformed Industrial Hygiene duties to include:
(SWPPP) Storm water Pollution Prevention Plan
Atmospheric Gas Monitoring- MSA Altair 2X, 4XR & 5X Multigas Detector Engineering controls
Personal protective equipment
Site Safety Coordinator-Brand Industries Baton Rouge, la September 2013-August 2014 Assist in development, implementation and maintenance of the Safety & Health Management System. Task Training, Hazard Training and Contractor Training on all worker safety related issues. Duties;
• Assisted Safety Supervisor with conformance to Record keeping Standards.
• Maintain a training program in conformance with OSHA to include: Safety & Health Onboarding,
• Coordinate Safety & Health Training sessions (Monthly meetings) in association with current programs and procedures.
• Performed field evaluations; recognition/ evaluation/ control of chemical and environmental contaminants.
• Develop corrective methods, controls, and procedures to improve work environment.
• Assist Safety Supervisor in maintaining the Occupational Health Program and Hearing Conservation Program to include maintenance of the FML Medical Records System. Performing accident investigation. CERTIFICATES/TRAINING
• OSHA 30
Safety Technology Baton Rouge Community College
Construction Site Safety Supervisor Baton Rouge Community College Construction Site Safety Technician Baton Rouge Community College Field Safety Baton Rouge Community College
• NCCER #11009354
Occupational Safety & Health Administration/OSHA 30 Knowledge Verified-Scaffold Builder
• Hytorc-Certified to operate hydraulic torque wrench.
• Security Passport
• 12 Basic Plus Ref
August 2015- March 2016 Columbia Southern University for Certified Safety personnel- Baton Rouge, La August 2012 -2013 River Parish Community College for PTEC- Reserve. La
-Will resume college in the fall of 2020 to obtain associates in Industrial Hygiene to obtain the OHSP and CSP certification with the Board of Certifed Safety Professionals. COMPUTER EXPERIENCE
(Operate IBM and APPLE CRT)
*Microsoft Office Suite
Medgate- Fully Integrated EHS Software
Cority – EHSQ Software and OHS Software
Procore – Construction Management Software
Available on Request