Cleveland, TN 37320 email@example.com
Cad Drafter/Designer, 20+ years of experience in Mechanical Engineering field. Industries: Petroleum Trailer Manufacturing/ Battery Manufacturing/Medical Device/Machine Shop and Emergency Response Vehicles.
Autodesk Vault Basic/Pro
Autodesk Vault Basic
A.S. Degree Drafting and Design Technology – Central Florida College - Ocala, FL
EntransInternational/Heil Trailer - (Athens, TN)
August 2017 - Feb 2020 (2 years, 6 months)
• Create CAD Drawings for engineering projects.
• Processed Engineering Change Notices
• Search the MRP database and create accurate bills of material for trailer designs.
• Interpret drawing questions and support manufacturing day to day with trouble shooting and design improvements.
• Prepare and submit daily and weekly paperwork and reports as required.
• Provide training, mentoring and assistance to other employees as assigned.
• Follow action and communication protocols for nonstandard deviation in processes or materials.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Utilized AutoCad 2015/2020, Autodesk Vault Pro/Basic 2015/2020, Adobe, Excel. Skills:
• Commitment to a safety culture.
• Strong computer skills with emphasis on CAD or similar drafting software packages, XA and Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Good understanding of engineering and design principles, methods and techniques.
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills both up and down throughout the facility.
• Solid analytical and planning skills.
• Proficient in problem analysis and resolution.
• Effective knowledge and understanding of manufacturing process.
• Strong team player.
Foth Production Solutions, LLC/Duracell - (Cleveland, TN)
Mechanical Designer/Technical Document Administrator March 2015 – August 2016 (1 year, 4 months)
• Prepare CAD drawings, develop layouts and sketches. Detail custom machine design and packaging products.
• Coordinate technical document transmission, maintain databases and enforce client’s CADD standards.
• Liaison between Foth/Duracell, enabled employees to modify drawings in support of manufacturing production.
• Utilize SolidWorks/EPDM 2013, AutoCAD 2016, Autodesk Vault Basic 2013, Adobe, Bluebeam 2015.
• Re-structured Duracell’s SolidWorks/EPDM file management system.
Invivo Diagnostic Imaging/Philips N.A. Healthcare - (Gainesville, FL)
Drafter/Designer 2 October 2005 – March 2015 (9 years, 5 months)
• Create detailed CAD drawings and design layouts of electro-mechanical assemblies for MRI coils, per client specifications and engineer input.
• Gather technical information from engineer, technicians and production personnel to obtain solutions to design issues.
• Technical document administration; create and maintain Bill of Materials, update PDF’s, etc.
• Responsible for accuracy and compliance with industrial and internal design standards.
• Utilize AutoCAD 2012, Solidworks 2012, Solidworks EPDM 2012, SAP & Agile. Projects:
• Designed preamp retaining bracket to secure to PCB board
• Redesigned Prototype fiber optic Molex connector.
• Replaced MMCX with SMP connectors in assemblies for increased reliability.
• Team Leader “Phantom Elimination” from assemblies/MRI magnets, $200K cost savings.
• Replaced Kevlar/spectra hoses on cable assemblies for reliability.
ClosetMaid (Ocala, FL)
Sr. Draftsman July 1997 – Oct 2005 (8 years, 4 months)
• Collaborate with machinists to create sketches and detailed drawings of machine parts.
• Create preliminary CAD drawings, checking dimension of parts, materials to be used.
• Maintain and revise BOM documents.
• Maintain manufacturing plant drawings for plant construction projects.
• Utilize AutoCAD 14, 2002 and Mechanical Desktop 5 Projects:
• Designed a new Roller welder pin bar for the “Close Mesh” shelving project.
• Designed a Punch press die/cutting inserts for the “Close Mesh” shelving project.
• Scanned paper drawings of manufacturing plant/machine layouts to retain documentation.
• President's Award of Excellence: 1999-2002 Maintenance Dept., 2002 Plant Layout Team
Emergency One - (Ocala, FL)
Draftsman May 1993 to May 1997 (4 years)
• Prepared CAD drawings of complete assemblies including mechanical/electrical parts based on client’s specifications.
• Create detailed CAD drawings of emergency response vehicles.
• Create and maintain BOM documents.
• Utilize Prime Medusa and AS400
• Designed and modified brackets/kit components for Vehicle glider projects.