Christiana Tran - PMP
Business Analyst / CFA Level 3 Candidate
Solutions Driven Business Analyst with experience in requirements gathering, documentation and delivery of business goals in the banking industry. Seeking new opportunities to transform company practices into fresh solutions leading to more efficient operations in the Capital Markets domain.
I have extensive experience in Software Development Life Cycle and its methodologies, capable of effectively communicating in a complex, cross functional enterprise environments. Highly motivated, organized, quick learner, detail oriented team player with strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
Requirements Gathering & Analysis
User Acceptance testing (UAT)
Business Modeling Tools
Data Mining & Analytics
Agile & Waterfall Methodology
Finance (06/2015 – present )
CFA- Level 3 Candidate
Successfully Passed CFA Level 2
Project Management (10/2015 – 10/2015)
Project Management Institute
Bachelor of Business Administrative/Finance (09/2004 – 04/2009) York University, Toronto, Canada
Business Systems Analyst ( 02/2018 – Present )
CIBC Wealth Management Technology - Toronto, Canada
● Involved in special projects/programs and developed reports to aid key executives in analyzing their business.
● Gathering ideas and requirements from Internal and External stakeholders.
● Gather, analyze, document requirements from the business and translate them into technical solution requirements.
● Analysis and evaluation of business models and existing IT solutions.
● Transforming book of record data into vendor acceptable format, mapping data elements, analyzing output.
● Developing and maintaining system to system interface documentation/mapping for the Book of Record, Transformation Rules, and Performance Calculators.
● Prepare various production reports.
● Collaboration with the agile development teams.
● Able to work in Traditional and Adaptive Project Environments
● Worked collaboratively with the agile program teams to document and refine the requirements through story boarding.
● Develop and document process improvement plans, flows and operational procedures.
● Develop test plans to make sure business processes are correctly supported by solution.
● Understanding key application design concepts and relevant development processes.
● Responsible for specifications, implementations, and analytics
● Worked with users and stakeholders to analyze and validate requirements
● Manage project through status meetings, scrum reviews, sprint and weekly reports, identifying risks, and tracking issues Associate Program/ Financial Analyst ( 03/2015 – 01/2018 ) CIBC Wealth Management Technology - Toronto, Canada
● Acted as the project manager’s right hand, responsible for managing, scheduling, organizing project elements, submitting and negotiating change orders, and budget allocation.
● Coordinate with the financial team to ensure project invoices are accurately prepared and timely submitted.
● Coordinate with the Project Managers and updated cost estimates to complete the project.
● Coordinating with different vendors and evaluating orders so as to meet clients requirements.
● Coordinating with the client and defining the scope of the project.
● Develop and manage project artifacts and documents.
● Facilitated and documented meeting highlights and takeaways.
● Execute the project according to the project plan.
● Financial management
● Making sure that all the aims of the project are met.
● Planning and Report Weekly or Monthly Project.
● Validating the completeness, accuracy and consistency on an ongoing basis.
● Review actual project expenses for accuracy and completeness. Associate Project Manager (07/2014-02/2015)
Greater Toronto Airport Authority - Toronto, Canada
● Worked closely with the Program Manager, responsible for managing scheduling, organizing project elements, submitting and negotiating change orders, and budget allocation.
● Lead work packages from initiation to completion.
● Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
● Carrying out risk assessment.
● Coordinated with vendors and partner
● Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
● Ensure project management standards are followed.
● Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
● Examined financial analysis and implemented best practices to improve project efficiency and revenue.
● Financial management (budget, reimbursements).
● Gathering of project data and production of information for management review.
● Handling multiple projects.
● Managing risks, escalations, expedites and problem solving.
● Writing detailed and summarized project progress reports.
● Working with stakeholders to understand priorities and delivery options. Business Consultant (10/2013 – 06/2014 )
Lexmark Canada - Toronto, Canada
● Responsible for the delivery and assessments of an enterprise hardware program roll out to 900 Bank of Montreal branches across Canada..
● Created a road map for customer transition from current state to future state, including change management approach and risk mitigation.
● Consult with customers as a subject matter expert, providing insight into potential solutions that create value and improve the customer business performance.
● Create and execute statements of work and project plans for customers.
● Support operations team in defining and executing projects in Managed Print Service (MPS).
● Work with Project Manager and Project Sponsor to establish project scope
● Define and document business needs by gathering input from all applicable stakeholders
● Ensure business partner requirements and expectations are met
● Coached and developed business analysts
● Coordinate and control the end to end process of capturing and storing project artifacts in the database.
● Identifies and escalates incompatibilities and inconsistencies with respect to project plan dependencies
● Recognize and recommend ways to increase efficiency through analysis of project activities and automation
● Host Status Meetings
● Complete invoicing to vendors
Senior Financial Analyst ( 09/2012 – 08/2013 )
Scotiabank - Toronto, Canada
● Develop models and generate monthly forecast reports for Group Treasury
● Prepare input spreadsheets for each monthly reporting cycle
● Gather scenarios, forecasting data, setup SQL tables prior to each simulation run
● Perform month over month Variance Analysis.
● Familiar with Bancware ALM5 engine
● Work closely with foreign reporting teammates to improve/ develop simulation input files
● Address questions/ concerns from Group Treasury
● Assisted with quarter end reconciliation for contractual maturity (trading units.
● Familiar with Excel functions such as Vlookups, pivot tables.
● Documented operational procedures for simulation and reporting phases. Application SME/ QA Team Lead ( 01/2010 – 09/2012 ) Scotiabank - Toronto, Canada
● Managed and Analyzed the technical requirements and developed test strategy and plans
● Subject Matter Expert on international Contact Center Application
● Communicated and presented test strategy to stakeholder for each testing phase
● Complete risk analysis, and plan to develop strategies to mitigate risk
● Train analysts on system application to ensure cost of quality by minimizing rework.
● Organize work session with technical, business analyst team members to clarify requirements
● Coordinate and Chair Defect Status Meetings with business analyst, project manager development, business line and other testing counterparts to ensure defects are minimized
References Available Upon Request