Bobbi G. Strange
**** ***** **** ** – Rowlett, TX 75089
South Dakota School of Mines Alumni with two B.S Engineering degrees: Geological Engineering and Mining Engineering. Three years of professional experience in mining and geological work environments at two underground precious metals mines, and seven open pit aggregate quarries, emphasizing natural resources and mining engineering. Professional Experience
Martin Marietta – Rocky Mountain Division – Mining Management Trainee July 2018 – December 2019
• Developed management skills in every aspect of aggregate production practices and operations involving heavy equipment operations, instilling robust company safety culture by leading through example, and mine planning and engineering designs.
• Analyzed, planned, and independently led implementation of a $250,000 well water contract that successfully mitigated severe production water shortage, supporting continued site growth.
• Investigated, corrected and designed new pit sequencing phases and future drill/ blasting directions for a pit with failing highwalls. Designed the pit in AutoCAD and Carlson with field data analysis in RocScience.
• Designed mine expansion pits in AutoCAD/ Carlson that incorporated hydrogeologic, geologic, property boundaries, and economic constraints to calculate an accurate reserves tonnage.
• Operated nearly entire fleet of equipment at four different quarries (CO, WY and NV) in order to gain competency required to train and manage workforce in the safe, effective methods of operation.
• Engaged in nearly all administrative tasks required of the mine site office manager – Kronos, CORE, JD Edwards, and Oracle Cloud. Trained new office manager in all administrative tasks and timelines.
• Initiated new safety and training standards at the Spanish Springs Quarry – Reno, NV that resulted in redesign of traffic patterns to left side flow, increasing driver line of site to road berms and placing driver cabs away from each other to reduce collision injury risk.
• Worked at seven quarries and sand/gravel operations within the Rocky Mountain District to diversify my experience across a larger population, gain exposure to differing specialties at each specific site, and broadened knowledge of operational complexities.
Freeport-McMoRan – Henderson Underground Geomechanics Summer 2017
• Integrated network smart markers in the cave back – panel propagation, stabilization, and monitoring.
• Interpreted joint orientations and potential rock failures using RocScience Dips. Barrick Gold North America – Goldstrike Underground Geology Summer 2016
• Coded Excel files - populated data from multiple spreadsheets - reduced error and improved accuracy.
• Developed stope performance analyses - increased productivity by 50% and generated 15% higher accuracy. Brazilian Glacial Geology Research – University of Minnesota Morris Summer 2015
• Submitted and presented to the Geological Society America on Brazilian microcrystalline diagenetic quartz research.
• Discovered shallow petroleum deposit in Witmarsum, Brazil through field investigations.
• Collected and analyzed samples from Witmarsum, Brazil – created thin sections, and internalized materials with x-ray diffraction (XRD), x-ray fluorescence (XRF), and infrared spectrometer analyzers. Education: South Dakota School of Mines and Technology Degrees: BS. Geological Engineering – May 2017 Civil Engineering BS. Mining Engineering and Management – May 2018
Strange, Bobbi G., Anderson Folnagy, H.J.; A.C. Rocha-Campos and J.F.P. Cotter, 2015. Geochemical Analysis and Glacial Depositional Environments of Two Unique Late Paleozoic Units Located in Witmarsum, Parana State, Brazil; Geological Society of America National Meeting Abstracts with Programs, Vol. 47, no. 1. Technical Skills: Field work, RocScience, ArcGIS, AutoCAD, Carlson, Vulcan, Soil/ Rock Mechanics, Google Earth, JD Edwards, Rotary Chip Logging, Core Logging, X-ray Diffraction (XRD), Adobe Illustrator, and Microsoft Office. Operational Skills: CAT Loader (926M, 980G, 988G, 988K, and 992K), CAT Haul Trucks (775C, 775G, 777D and 777G), CAT Excavators (349L, 336E, and 330F), CAT 226 skid steer, primary/ secondary/ wash plants, and welding. Certifications: MSHA Part 46, CPR and First Aid – American Heart Association (10/2018 – 10/2020) Additional Work Experience:
Resident Assistant - South Dakota School of Mines and Technology. 2014 – 2018 Student Secretary – President and Provost – South Dakota School of Mines and Technology 2015 – 2018 Professional Development
Society of Mining, Metallurgy, and Exploration (SME) 2013 - Present Industrial Division:
Chemical Raw Materials B to I – Technical Committee 2018 - Present Publication Committee
Young Leaders Division Representative
Young Leaders Committee: 2018 - Present
Philanthropic/ Community Outreach
Professional Development Committee
Society of Women Engineers (SWE) 2013 – Present
Geological Society of America (GSA) 2013 – Present Activities, Memberships, & Community Service:
Sigma Gamma Epsilon - Theta Nu
Founder and President 2016 – 2018
Hardrocker Dance Team
Captain & Choreographer 2016 – 2018
Vice-Captain & Choreographer 2015 – 2016
Awards and Recognition:
2018 Leadership Hall of Fame Inductee– SD Mines
The most prestigious award at South Dakota School of Mines and Technology, recognizing their outstanding achievements, community and university contributions. The award recognizes the top four to six students of each graduating class.
2017 Most Outstanding Student – Hardrocker Dance Team 2017 Most Outstanding Student – Sigma Gamma Epsilon