Mohammed Sarfaraz Hussain
Sr. Civil Engineer,
Address: Doha, Qatar
Phone No: +974-********/50147975
Skype id: sarfarazhussain13
PROJECT MANAGEMENT SITE MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL
Looking forward for a position in the field of Civil Engineering with a highly motivated, dedicated and professional career and experience in infrastructures projects which includes the underground construction of Metro Rail, building structures and maintenance, shoring, water proofing & deep excavation.
• Possess 8 Years of comprehensive experience in Project Management, Site management, Site execution, project planning with an in-depth awareness of latest Construction Technology and projects.
• Experience in civil / structural design management and execution.
• Ability to produce technical specifications.
• Producing construction methodologies.
• Health and Safety Awareness.
• Experience of contract technical specifications and their implementation.
• Ability to work in a multi-discipline team, including non-engineers.
• Hand-on experience in anchoring on-site activities ensuring completion of project within the time & cost parameters with effective resource utilization to maximize output.
• Possessing excellent documentation and communication skills in multinational, multi-cultural environment alongside an ability to formulate advice and implement strategies. Area of Interests
• Site Execution • Supervision Consulting
• Site Coordinator • Quality Control
Additional Certifications & Computer Skill
• UPDA/MMUP Accredited • Aconex
• APAVE • Mezzo team
• MS Office • Team Management
• Qatar Driving License
• Scaffolding Inspector
• Qatar Driving License
• Snag R
• Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) 2012 From Dr. BAM University, Maharashtra, India. Professional Experience
QDVC Qatar (December 2014 to February 2020)
QDVC is a Qatari Shareholding Construction company with an international repute. QDVC stems from the association of QATARI DIAR, Qatar and VINCI CONSTRUCTION, France. Project in Brief: The scope of project involves design and construction of underground works below central Doha. (5 Tunnel Boring Machines, 5 Underground stations, 5 Switchboxes, 4 Emergency exits, 35 Interconnection tunnels & cross passages, 32 Km of tunnels) Currently working on LRT QAG Stations, Depot and Pearl underground station, which is largest intersection station of Doha, joining Metro Red Line and Light rail transit (LRT) system. Job profile: Sr. Civil Engineer
Project: LRT-QAG Stations, Pedestrian Bridges, Depot & Pearl Station, Doha Metro (Red Line) Client: Qatar Rail
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist Section Manager, Construction Manager and supervise a team of multi engineering disciplines staff and Sub contractor.
• Assists in the preparation of construction work schedules.
• Planning and Execution of works as per design & drawing.
• Managing supervisors and foreman to achieve daily target.
• Preparing Work method statement (WMS) and coordinating with methods team and updating the procedure as per side condition and material to be used.
• Schedule and carry out inspection with Quality team according to the RFIs raised.
• Maintaining quality standards for all structural, Block work and RCC works such as Raft foundation, walls, columns, beams and roof slabs and other concrete structure.
• Ensure strict conformance to methods, quality and safety.
• Preparing the material request sheet used on daily basis such as equipment, tools, chemicals, work related material etc and submitted to procurement department.
• Preparing of Field change request and field modification request of structure and submitted to designer to check stability and approval.
• Involve in precast structure making and erection work like Beam, Column and foundation.
• Execute steel work as per approved structural design.
• Follow the tasks assigned for inspection from the Structural Engineer and attend inspections via Work Inspection Requests and provide accurate inspection comments.
• Report to Structural Engineer of non-conformance observed during inspections and advice on any Structural work problems, issues and deficiencies identified in a timely manner.
• Assist Senior Structural and planning engineer in the preparation of the monthly Project Status Report.
• Perform Snagging Procedure in accordance to Quality Report and Structural Engineer comment.
• Report the status of snagging and re-snagging of the Structural works as per site condition.
• Involve in architectural work carried out by sub con such as cladding, doors installation both fire rated
& non fire rated, tiling work, paint, floor epoxy etc.
• Attending the planning meeting with team to check the work status of company and sub-contractor.
• Checking the defects like porosity, slag, excess penetration, air cracks etc.
• Coordinating with site suppliers like concrete, equipment, material etc
• Preparation of daily, weekly, monthly report on work progress (key performance indicator) & evaluating as per the planned schedules.
• Managing and controlling the site to show the progress and maintain kpi as per management request.
• Coordinate with supporting teams such as Quality, Design, Safety, Methods, Procurement, Waterproofing, Plant and Temporary work inspectors.
• Daily hand over reporting to section Engineer /Section Manager, Maintain Works Records in an agreed format, submit the Work Records to Structural Engineer daily.
• Pouring concrete 500m3 as per daily programming.
• In Daily shift 250 worker and 8 foreman involved in activities like steel fixer, carpenter, masonry etc.
Qatari Saudi Contracting, Qatar (September 2013 to November 2014) Projects Details:
• Msheireb Downtown Doha: Msheireb Downtown Doha project involves an ambitious plan to regenerate part of the city in Qatar in a sustainable way for the 21st century. In Phase 1 C, the combined result will be a mixed use development of 13 buildings, over a 3 story basement. It involved the installation of 3696 piles and the removal of almost 2 metres of soil and rock, resulting in basements up to 2meter below ground level.
• Pearl Qatar: Completed interior works at Viva Bahriya in Pearl-Qatar. Pearl Qatar is an artificial island having area nearly four million square meters with total project cost of about $15 billion. The project contains packages like Porto Arabiya, Viva Bahriya, Qanat Quarters, Abraj Quarters and many more.
Job profile: Civil Site Engineer
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supervise and Execution of work & team to ensuring that tests and inspections are performed, witnessed, and documented in accordance with approved procedures.
• Carry out regular periodic inspections at the site to ensure that safety standards are being maintained e.g. scaffolding, formwork, ladders, shoring, dewatering, etc.
• Performing work orders which raised from the clients, solving the problem related to all internal and external in a timely constituent manner.
• Supervising the ongoing activities like formwork erection, rebar installation work, scaffolding erection, waterproofing activity, backfilling etc.
• Develops and maintains a preventative maintenance schedule program for applicable equipment and machinery on their shift.
• Periodic evaluation of all the structures work like Block works, Formworks, Waterproofing, Grouting, Screening, Site Sign Boards. etc in order to ensure its proper functionality and maintenance.
• Involve in architectural activities carried out by sub con such as cladding, doors installation both fire rated & non fire rated, tiling work, paint, floor epoxy etc
• Carrying regular inspection with quality team to resolve maintenance issue of architectural as well structural work Ex. damaging tiles, Doors, epoxy, paint, waterproofing, crack in raft, missing rebar’s etc
• Provide guidance and training that will cover equipment- Civil.
• Request repair parts and maintaining inventory of tools for work force.
• Overseas Safety initiatives to improve work practices and work conditions and inform management of potentially dangerous equipment and faulty instrumentation.
• Respond to contractor's RFI's related to structural works.
• Coordinate with design office if additional design information is required or any changes in Field.
• Responsible for all effective and efficient maintenance of all Utilities & Facilities.
• Responsible for planning day by day activities to complete the work within the time.
• Ensuring that all the activities are being performed within the time.
• Conduct tools box meeting with Foreman and works for activities.
MD. Yunus and Associates, Aurangabad, India (January 2012 to August 2013) Projects Details: Commercial Buildings, Residential Buildings, Bridges and Mosque Job profile: Site Engineer
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for Coordination / Interfacing with other disciplines regarding the site issues to ensure that coordination is maintained with the projects.
• Execution of all on-going Construction activities as below.
• Material request order
• Checking the quality of materials delivered on site
• Assigning work to foreman and working staff on site
• Inspection of formworks and shuttering before concreting.
• Carry out regular periodic inspections at the site to ensure that safety standards are being maintained
(e.g. scaffolding, formwork, ladders, shoring, dewatering, etc.)
• Responsible for Coordination / Interfacing with other disciplines regarding the design issues to ensure that coordination is maintained with the projects.
• Perform design review of the engineering design package/submittal concerning of architectural, civil, mechanical and electrical works of conceptual and detail drawings.
• Prepare project tender proposals and provide inputs to man-hour estimates, drawing control list and material cost estimates.