Ontario, M3J 2S5 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
York University: September 2016-April 2020
Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering
Engineering Software: Solidworks; AutoCAD; Lab-View; Star-CCM; MatLab Microsoft Office: Proficient in: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook Languages: Trilingual - English, French and Arabic M & E Consulting Engineers Ltd.: May 2019-September 2019 Mechanical Engineering Intern:
• Designed/Drafted mechanical systems including HVAC retrofits and new HVAC applications
• Co-ordinated with other engineers in the Office
• Visited sites for building review and survey
• Prepared energy audits and reports
• Prepared drawings on AutoCAD
• Accomplished other tasks assigned by management
Norm Engineering: May 2015-December 2015 and May 2018-August 2018 Administrative Assistant
● Organized appointments and meeting schedules to facilitate efficient office operations
● Developed an optimization plan for the raw material purchasing and handling resulting in a decrease of 75% in shipment delays and consumer complaints
● Facilitated engineering workshops with clients which lead to establishing and maintaining strong relationships with client personnel which contributed to an increase in the number of projects and contracts signed.
CERTIFICATE OF ACHIEVEMENT
Solidworks Certificate of achievement:
Successfully completed the course of Solidworks essentials with Javeline Technologies Inc. that further improved my 3D Solidworks and CAD modeling skills and helped me mastere how to design sample tools and machine parts.
ENGINEERING WORK EXPERIENCE
CAPSTONE PROJECT EXPERIENCE
Greenhouse Water Chiller construction for Canobi Technologies Inc.: September 2019 – April 2020
● Bringing small scale high output indoor farming back into small rural communities.
● Building a mechanical unit that relies on a refrigeration cycle to cool water to a certain temperature desired for the conditions of greenhouse facilities owned by Canobi Technologies Inc.
● Reaching the goal of reduction in the use of pesticides and herbicides, and bringing indoor farming closer to home at a cost and efficiency that is accessible to small farms and businesses.
OTHER WORK EXPERIENCE
Massimo Dutti Yorkdale: May 2017- August 2017
Fashion Advisor and Sales Associate
● Welcomed costumers and engaged with them in a friendly manner
● Handled the bookkeeping in the absence of the manager, ensuring all records were documented and up to date
● Utilized interpersonal and communication skills to persuade customers in purchasing items that accommodated their needs
VOLUNTEERING PROJECT EXPERIENCE
Mechanical Engineering Research Project: September 2018- December 2018
● Assisted my professor in building a braiding machine model in SolidWorks and utilized drawings for 3D printing
● Attended weekly engineering discussions and progress meetings to track the project’s progress
Student Clubs at the York Federation of Student:
Vice President: September 2017- April 2018
Managed the overall performance of one of the largest student clubs in Ontario and established strong and strategic partnerships with other clubs and affiliations on a provincial level.
References Available Upon Request