Westminster, CO 80021
Software Engineer / Data Analyst / Business Analyst Summary:
Analyst with a focus on detailed reporting and refinement of various analysis methods. Experience working in an Agile development environment with Python machine learning tools such as Scikit-Learn and Pandas. Self-motivated worker looking for new challenges and quickly adaptable to new situations. Able to provide easily digestible data analysis in order to aid in data-driven decision-making. Education:
University of Colorado, College of Engineering & Applied Science Bachelor of Science in Computer Science Boulder, CO 3.26 Overall GPA Dec 2018
3.30 Major GPA
University of Colorado, Leeds School of Business Boulder, CO Minor in Business: Business Analytics focus Dec 2018 Technical Skills:
Languages: Python, C, C++, Scala, HTML, CSS, Bash, Awk, MatLab Data Analysis Tools: mySQL, SQL, PostgreSQL, Pandas, Scikit-learn, Mode, NumPy Applications: Linux/Unix Terminal, Microsoft Excel, XCode, IntelliJ, Git, Adobe Creative Suite Experience:
Independent Data/Business Analyst – Liveli Jan 2019 – Feb 2020
• Responsibilities included Amazon sales data analysis and pipelining of data via python for easier human readability and input into Quickbooks, along with data input, updates, and verification of various Quickbooks data points.
Independent Data/Business Analyst – Original Grain, Inc. Jul 2019 – Oct 2019
• Data Analyst of various forms of customer feedback utilizing Python and Natural Language Processing
(NLP) in order to better gauge customer perceptions of the brand and products. Worked directly with the marketing team to determine marketing decisions that could have a positive impact on perception of the brand and products associated.
Independent Data/Business Analyst – Retention Rocket Jan 2019 – Sep 2019
• Data analyst that was focused on inputting, updating and verifying various Quickbooks data points for internal and external use for the company as it approached its next round of funding. Web Development Lead - TMK & Associates. Jun 2010 - Aug 2010, Jul 2016 - Present
• Lead web developer of multiple iterations of marketing-focused websites for a small business.
• Responsibilities include GoDaddy domain services management, full web and graphic design, Wordpress account management, and HTML and CSS code management. Senior Project Team Lead - Terumo BCT Aug 2017 - May 2018
• Team lead of comprehensive team-based year-long medical data mining senior project.
• Responsibilities included team management and communication, sponsor coordination, python data- mining codebase development, and unsupervised learning and clustering data analysis. Accounting & Marketing Intern - Original Grain, Inc. Jun - Dec 2015
• Intern at direct-to-consumer ecommerce wearable fashion company.
• Responsibilities included inputting, verifying, and managing a large amount of revenue and expense data points via Excel and Quickbooks.
VEX Middle School Robotics Coordinator - FIRST Robotics Team 1622. Jun 2011 - Jun 2014
• Lead coordinator of local VEX middle school robotics program.
• Responsibilities included coordinating multiple large-scale nationally-recognized competitive VEX robotics events, small-scale local middle school robotics events, and mentorship coordination. President - FIRST Robotics Team 1622 May 2012 - May 2013
• President of FIRST robotics team 1622.
• Responsibilities included leading the team at meetings, managing relationship and facilitating communication between multiple teams, writing for the team, coordination with team sponsors, coordination of team events, spokesperson, and coordinating the team’s build and development process through the competitive season.
Web Design Intern - Ziftit, Inc. Jun - Jul 2012
• Intern at social media digital gifting startup.
• Responsibilities included graphic design work in Adobe Illustrator as well as basic web design coding tasks in Adobe Dreamweaver.
Web and Graphic Design - FIRST Lead Robotics Team 1622 Aug 2011 - May 2012
• Web and graphic design lead of FIRST robotics team 1622.
• Responsibilities included developing the team’s website with Adobe Dreamweaver, as well as managing the sponsors and teams graphic designs and representations within our team. Recognition & Awards:
• National Society of Collegiate Scholars Member Mar 2015 - Present
• Honors Graduate - Poway High School Jun 2014
• AP Scholar With Distinction May 2014
• Middle School Robotics Aid, Recognition Mar 2014
• AP Scholar Award May 2013
• Cesar Chavez Writing Contest, Recognition Apr 2013