AERA JEONG CMSRN, MSN, APRN, AGPCNP-BC
Detail oriented, driven registered nurse with 10+ years of experience in acute hospital setting. Experience includes emergency room, oncology, urology, nephrology, cardiology, pulmonology, general surgery, as well as medical and surgical units. I aspire to work in a challenging position as a Nurse Practitioner that provide holistic, evidence-based, ethical, and compassionate care to all patients, family, and community advocate. I am looking for a position where I can best utilize my knowledge and experience in managing clients and promoting wellness. EDUCATION
• 2019 Post Graduate Acute Certification Program in Barry University, Expected Graduation in December, 2020
• 2018 Master of Science Nursing (Adult Gerontology Primary Care), Florida International University,
• 2009 Bachelor of Science Nursing, Dongguk University, GPA 3.78, South Korea
• 2004 Seolwol high school, South Korea
CLINICAL ROTATIONS: 640+ Clinical Hours, 650+ cases
• 2017 MSN clinical rotation at CAC Florida Medical centers Walk-in Clinic
Performing history and physical
Health maintenance and annual check-ups
Prescribe appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatments
Patient education and follow-up
• 2018 MSN clinical rotations at Jackson Memorial Hospital ER-E (express track)
Performing minor procedures, incision & drainage, and suturing
Performing thorough history and physical, analyzing lab results, reading x-ray including chest, ankle, knee, legs, arms, and hands
Care and treatment plan
Making appropriate referrals
• 2018 MSN clinical rotations at Jackson Memorial Hospital at Breast Health Center
Assessment and diagnosis
Patient education about self-breast exam and follow-up
Ordering diagnostic test
Breast health maintenance
Participating weekly conference
• 2018 MSN clinical rotations at Jackson Memorial Hospital at Cardiology Clinic
History and physical
Performing pacemaker and implantable cardioverter defibrillator interrogation
Patient education about lifestyle changes including diet and exercise PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCES
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse, Palm Beach Pain, October 2019-Present
• History and physical
• Assessment of chronic and acute pain
• Pharmacological pain management
• Non-pharmacological pain management
Registered Nurse, Baptist Health South Florida: Homestead Hospital, April 2016 - present
Medical/ Surgical Telemetry Unit 5
• Excel in critical thinking, effective communication, and organization skills, as well as the ability to build interpersonal relationships within a fast-paced setting.
• Perform admission history and assessment.
• Verbalize understanding of patient diagnosis and plan of care.
• Safely and correctly initiate and document nursing interventions in emergency situations.
• Report all abnormal findings immediately to MD.
• Activate various codes according to emergency situations.
• Perform 24-hour chart check at the beginning of each shift.
• Provide health promotion, counseling, and education.
• Administer medications, wound care, and numerous other personalized interventions.
• Care for patients with acute and chronic medical diseases including gynecological issues.
• Observe document effectiveness, recognizes and reports adverse reactions immediately.
• Perform pre and post-operative care and instruction.
• Coordinate and collaborate with interdisciplinary team.
• Direct and supervise care delivered by other healthcare personnel like patient care technician.
Registered Nurse, Kindred Hospital Coral Gables,
February 2015 -April 2016
Medical/ Surgical Telemetry Unit
• Accessing, planning, evaluating and implementing client care in accordance with accepted standards of practice and organizational policy, administering medications and treatments, performing documentation and providing education to clients and families.
• Care for patients with acute and chronic respiratory failure, including care of patients attached to ventilator systems.
• Assessment and care for patients connected to endotracheal tube, tracheostomy, percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy and colostomy tubes.
• Wound assessment during the changing of the various dressings such as those for pressure sores, burns and necrosis as well as wound VAC care. Registered Nurse, Seoul Metropolitan Boramae Medical Center, September 2012 – September 2014, South Korea
Medical/ Surgical Unit (Specialized in Nephrology)
• Performing critical nursing assessment, medication administration, wound cares, pre and post operation care.
• Directly care for patients with acute and chronic disease, as well as all kidney issues including hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis.
• Developed plans of care ad discharge.
• Manage chemotherapy medicine and properly distribute.
• Asses patients and respond quickly to emergencies. Registered Nurse, Seoul National University Hospital, September 2011 – September 2012, South Korea
Medical/ Surgical Unit (Specialized in Organ Transplants)
• Pre-operation patients care for liver and kidney transplants including MRI, CT, PET scan, endogastroduodenoscopy, colonoscopy, and cross matching test.
• Infuse chemo medicine and care for cancer patients.
• Direct care for patients with acute and chronic disease, as well as post-surgical patients from procedures such as cholecystectomy, mastectomy, subtotal gastrectomy, thyroidectomy etc.
• Attend to patients with respiratory, endocrine, rheumatic, gastrointestinal…issues Registered Nurse, Seoul National University Hospital, August 2009 – September 2011, South Korea
• Performing triage according to patients’ medical status.
• Rapid response to myocardial infarction, aortic dissection, septic and cardiogenic shock, stroke, bleeding, and traffic accidents.
• Quickly respond to emergency situations.
• Directly care for patients with acute disease.
• Collaborating with physicians, patients, patients’ family members, and faculty staffs.
• Participating with patients’ care plans & discharge orders. SKILLS & ABILITIES
Honors and Awards
• Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing Professional certificates
• Advanced Practice Registered Nurse, Florida State Department of Health – current
• Registered Nurse, Florida State Department of Health – current
• American Nurse Credentialing Center (ANCC)
• Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Board Certified (AGPCNP-BC) - current
• National Provider Identifier (NPI) - current
• Certified Medical Surgical Registered Nurse - current
• American Heart Association (AHA) Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) - current
• AHA Basic Life Support (BLS) - current
• APRNs United, Florida State (2018-present)
• The American Association of Nurse Practitioner (2016-present)
• Florida Nurses Association (2016-presnet)
• American Nurses Association (2016-present)
• Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing – member (2018-present) Community Activities
• 2013 Medical Mission trip to Cambodia
: Five-day service trip working alongside physicians and nurses offering healthcare services to the community of Phnum Penh, Cambodia
• Assisted as a surgical nurse in a wide variety of procedures and surgeries including wound debriments, paracentesis, and amputation
• 2015 Nicklaus Children's Hospital in minor operation room: Volunteered for Transferred patients
• 2017 The Women’s Breast Health Initiative
• 2017 U.S. Public Health Service: Volunteered for Post-Hurricane Irma support at a shelter for evacuees.
• Lucie Dlugasch, PhD, APRN –BC, Director of Advanced Practice (MSN) Nursing Program Clinical Assistant at FIU, 305-***-****, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Victoria Framil, DNP, APRN, ANP-BC. 305-***-****, email@example.com
• Arturo Gonzalez, DNP, APRN, 305-***-****, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Flo Keplan, MSN, APRN, FNP-BC, 786-***-****, email@example.com
• Victoria Faya, MSN, APRN, FNP-BC, 305-***-****, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Maria Carrillo, RN, BSN, Clinical Manger at Homestead Hospital, 305-***-****, email@example.com