James (Jim) G. Silvera https://www.linkedin.com/in/jgsilvera/
email@example.com 352-***-**** Tampa, FL Metro Senior IT Solutions Architect
Project Management Cloud Computing Account Management Pre-sales Consulting Senior IT Solutions Architect with over 25 years' leading and supporting the design, build, and release of strategic enterprise software solutions. Strategic leader, well versed in all aspects of the product delivery life cycle, including Marketing, Sales, Business Operations, Engineering, and customer relations. Record of achievement driving revenue by providing technical insights to the marketing and sales teams in the build of customer-driven solutions. Experienced in the financial, government, health care, high tech, legal, manufacturing, retail, services, telecommunication, travel, and transportation industries offering in-depth knowledge of leading-edge, automation, virtualization cloud-computing solutions to meet current and future IT needs.
Cloud Platforms -- AWS, Azure, Google, vCloud Air
IT System Management: and Virtualization: vSphere, NSX, HyperV, OpenStack, Containers VMware vRealize Operations, VMware vRealize Automation, vRealize Business, VMware Log Insight, VMware vCenter Configuration Manager, VMware vCenter Infrastructure Navigator, VMware vCenter Chargeback, VMware Service Manager, Numara Deploy 6.0/7.0/8.0, Numara Patch Manager 5.0/5.5/5.6, Numara Asset Manager 1.0, Numara Network Manager 3.7
Database Software: MS SQL 7/2000/2005, Oracle 8i/9i/10g, Informix, MS Access, Crystal Reports
CRM/ERP -- Numara FootPrints 7.0/7.5/8.0, Numara Track-It! Suite 5.0/6.0/6.5/7.0/8.0, SAP, PeopleSoft, Baan, Retek, Siebel
Methodologies/Practices: World Wide Project Management Method (WWPMM), Rational Unified Process (RUP), System Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Unified Modeling Language (UML), Capability Maturity Model (CMM), Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Sarbanes Oxley (SOX), DevOps / Continuous Delivery, SAAS, IAAS, PAAS, CAAS, XAAS C a r e e r H i s t o r y
Staff Business Solutions Strategist - Americas Business Solutions Strategy / Strategic Pursuits -- VMware (2011–2019) Led the development of strategic solutions and initiatives of key customers based on understanding the customer's business objectives, IT initiatives, and IT environment. Aligned customer requirements with VMware's value proposition, vision, technologies, and services to create an outcome-based solution. Strategic Planning
• Facilitated workshops with customer stakeholders to gather business requirements. Used innovative strategy frameworks to identify business and technical requirements, current-state gaps, opportunities, and barriers.
• Developed customer-specific architectures, solution roadmaps, proposals, and business plans.
• Built strategic relationships with potential partners, VARs, and software vendors to coordinate solution proposals with the inclusion of third parties.
Sales and Marketing Support
• Collaborated with the sales and pre-sales teams, specialists, and service sales organization throughout the marketing and business development stages to identify opportunities and address specific customer requirements. Participated in the identification, qualification, and prioritization of an opportunity pipeline.
• Maintained up-to-date understanding of competitive offerings and architectures. Cloud Solutions Evangelist/Strategist – Cloud Management Business Unit -- VMware Evangelized the Cloud Management BU with audiences at VMware events and seminars, industry conferences, and customer briefings. Primary liaison within the Management BU to internal VMware teams and partners on strategic partner initiatives, coordinating execution plans across product management, product marketing, and engineering teams. Sales
• Presented a compelling case demonstrating the value of VMware's cloud management solutions and prepared prospective customers with critical information regarding features and benefits.
• Assisted account teams with technical and operational pre-sales support, including product demos, roadmaps, and solution briefs to drive strategic sales deals to closure, perform. Delivered cloud management solutions training to direct sales, customers, and partners globally.
James (Jim) G. Silvera https://www.linkedin.com/in/jgsilvera/ firstname.lastname@example.org 352-***-**** Tampa, FL Metro Cloud Solutions Evangelist/Strategist – Cloud Management Business Unit – VMware (continued) Marketing and Product Management
• Collaborated with the Product Marketing groups in the development of technical sales and support materials.
• Provided critical feedback to Product Management and Marketing on product feature enhancement and positioning to meet the needs of a dynamic, fast-changing market landscape. CTO Ambassador & Staff Systems Engineer - Solution Engineering & Technology (SET), Software-Defined Enterprise Developed innovative customer-driven architecture design for VMware solutions to solve business challenges.
• Assisted with discovering and driving business and technical value to customers for VMware's Enterprise Cloud offerings. Enabled account teams to assist customers with maximizing VMware products and revenue.
• Center of Excellence team member supporting enterprise accounts for Cloud Infrastructure Management Offerings– vCloud Suite and vRealize Suite.
Principal Solutions Architect / Principal Consultant / Company Thought Leader -- Numara Software (2002 – 2011) Principal Architect and Thought Leader in the evolution of the company brand and business strategy for a provider of innovative service management, asset management, and information technology management software solutions - a comprehensive toolset to simplify and automate common information technology tasks. Account Management
• Served as an SME delivering pre- and post-sale client consultation and solution design for ITSM (IT Service Management) and ITAM (IT Asset Management) solutions.
• Assisted clients in defining requirements for custom services solutions to be delivered for custom add on modules for the Numara Software product suite.
• Developed implementation standards and best practices for the Numara Software product suite.
• ITSM -- developed unique solutions for CRM processes, solving for needs in sales, accounting, HR, and customer service departments. Assisted with the design of complex change management processes
• ITAM -- designed solutions around Inventory Management, OS and Application Deployment, Patch Management, Vulnerability Management, Device Management, Compliance Management, Power Management, and Remote Management. Involved in CMDB and Service Catalog design.
IT Specialist / Consultant/ Project Manager -- Business Innovation Services EAI Practice; NA IBM Global Services Led many projects while at IBM, including roles as an Architect, Business Analyst, Project Manager, Specialist, Technical Writer, Trainer, and QA Analyst. Performed on contracts throughout the United States and internationally, with several Fortune 500 companies.
- Project Manager – Created and managed Project Offices. Developed tools to collect intellectual capital, track financials, and manage risks and issues.
- IT Consultant / Business Analyst – Served as a liaison between technical and business partners. Created, diagramed, and documented business workflow processes and procedures.
- IT Architect / IT Specialist – Identified additional and upsold additional follow-on PCR’s worth >$50M. Education and Professional Development
Bachelor of Computer Engineering, Tampa Technical Institute
ITIL Service Management Essentials Certification ITIL Incident and Problem Management Practitioner Certification
IBM Project Management Project Leadership, The People-side of Project Management Cloud Native, Kubernetes, PKS, Hyperic
Numara FootPrints Essential Administration Numara FootPrints Advanced Administration Certified Track-It! Specialist
Certified Track-It! Administrator Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Concepts and Administration
C++ Programming for Non-C Programmers HTML Scripting Introduction to JAVA