Lakeland, TN *****
(C) 858-***-**** (E) firstname.lastname@example.org
Innovative, results-oriented Environmental, Health, and Safety Leader with a successful record of developing and executing robust safety strategies at leading companies including Terminix International, MACTEC Engineering and Consulting, Occupational Services Inc., and Cellgenesys Inc. Proven ability to build, inspire and lead cross functional teams to increase efficiency, productivity, and profitability.
• Environmental regulations
• Safety and health standards
• Hazardous Materials
• Health and safety compliance
• EH&S compliance
• Safety and health precautions
• Corporate standards
• Safety and health guidelines
• Incident Investigation
• Safety Management Systems
• Microsoft Office
08/2010 - 03/2020 Terminix International Co LP Memphis, TN Corporate Environmental Health & Safety Manager 6/2016 – 3/2020
• Developed, maintained, and managed corporate safety program for 320 branches with 9,450 employees and 8,800 vehicles located throughout the US, Canada, and Mexico.
• Direct reports 4 Division Safety Managers located across the US.
• Analyzed national risks and trends developing strategic programs, policies, objectives, and procedures to meet and exceed corporate, federal, state and local EH&S regulatory requirements.
• Achieved significant improvements in key safety measures in the past 12 months: TRIR (Total Recordable Incident Rate) improved by 20%; LWCR
(Lost Work Case Rate) improved by 15%; and VCFR (Vehicle Collision Frequency Rate) by 16%.
• Supported and mentored 36 Regional Support Managers in safety and health compliance requirements.
• Developed cost-savings and new solutions to existing problems through persistent research and innovation. Discovered that we had 9 ISNetWorld accounts totaling $60,000/yr. Set up a hierarchical account reducing the total number of accounts to 3 and saving the company $40,000/yr. in renewal fees.
• Defended 20+ OSHA investigations. Won 2 complete reversals, negotiated multiple fine reductions, and several severity reductions. Division Environmental Health & Safety Manager (8/2010 – 6/2016)
• Managed the safety program for 49 branches with 1,250 employees and 1,050 vehicles located throughout the Western US. and Hawaii.
• Designed an Environmental Health and Safety metrics reporting program allowing senior management to easily analyze safety data.
• Drove down divisional KPI’s, TRIR (15%), LWCR (10%), DART (10%), VCFR (20%). Achieved this by holding field management teams accountable for their individual safety performance and providing them with training and EHS support.
• Performed branch and driver evaluations and audits as part of the corporate Environmental Health and Safety program. 03/2007 - 08/2010 MACTEC Engineering and Consulting San Diego, CA Regional Environmental Safety & Health Manager
• Assessed EH&S needs from internal business units and created custom solutions to resolve a variety of health & safety and compliance issues.
• Designed and implemented a fall protection program that led to compliance with OSHA regulations and allowed company to compete for California DOT contracts.
• Implemented a driver monitoring system that led to two years with no preventable collisions.
• Drove down the San Diego Region's Total Recordable Incident Rate
(TRIR), Lost Work Case Rate (LWCR), and Days Away, Restricted, Transfer rate (DART) by 35%, 40%, and 15% respectively. 01/2006 - 03/2007 Occupational Services Inc San Diego, CA Industrial Hygienist II
• Functioned as contract EH&S Manager, preparing hazardous materials safety programs and business plans for pharmaceutical research firms.
• Monitored and managed air and water pollution control plans and permits for clients. Provided industrial hygiene and radiation/biological/chemical safety services.
• Prepared multiple client site specific safety analyses, programs, and reports.
06/2001 - 10/2005
Cell Genesys Inc. San Diego, CA
Environmental Health and Safety Specialist
Education and Training
2010 Rochester Institute of Technology
Graduate Safety Practitioner (GSP) GSP-1047
Certified Safety Professional (CSP) Will be sitting for the exam in 2020