Jose I. Ferreira
BASc Resources and Technology Management (pending)
United States Marine Corps Veteran
mobile phone: 305-***-****
Intelligence, special operations and data analyst professional having served in all-source analysis, data facilitation and joint operations roles on teams of dedicated experts utilizing committed work ethic, a high level of initiative, and project management skills. Provided effective, successful impacts as a consultant and contractor, striving to provide subject matter expertise with the goal of demonstrating excellence in a cooperative and positive work environment. Equipped with over 12 years of a well-honed combination of critical thinking, problem solving, customer service-oriented production, and quality, methodological data exploration. Within Department of Defense experience, passionate Marine Corps Non-Commissioned Officer with a proven track record of success in generating all source intelligence products, integrating with data-driven teams, project management and execution and management of collateral command programs. Successfully evaluated and analyzed trends that aided operations, supported planning efforts for multilateral and multinational exercises in the broad spectrum of command levels, leveraged software and data solutions to accomplish and exceed goals, all while earning the trust and confidence of strategic customers, superiors and peers. CORE COMPETENCIES
Project and Relationship Management: Leveraged solid organizational and interpersonal skills as a liaison to national and theater level intelligence community assets as well as international counterparts to share intelligence products, developed asymmetric and trend analysis, and facilitated achievement of targets including defeating Transnational Criminal Organizations, counter-drug among other various operations. Prompt in addressing numerous requests for information (RFI) from joint members and from multinational forces. Articulate Communicator: Armed with strong interpersonal skills, accustomed to working with a diverse set of individuals from different levels within the military, security and non-governmental agencies, and various foreign counterparts. Effective communicator and presenter accustomed to briefing members of the joint intelligence community, senior civilian and General Officers and facilitating dynamic discussions and progressive feedback. Equipped with an analytical mindset in the communication of data analysis results and process improvements.
Initiative and Data-Driven Producer: Thrives in facing challenging situations, figuring things out, and translating them into well- written, accurate, and concise intelligence and data-driven products. Integrated with JIDO data team by coordinating training of an intelligence section (G2) of seven analysts, increasing weekly production by 50%. Experienced working in highly stressful and fast-paced work environments in numerous locations both in the continental U.S. and forward-deployed. Experienced in evaluating and analyzing trends, the identification of what data is required to answer questions or solve problem sets, all coupled with the exploration, organization and characterization of that data.
Proven Leadership and Advisor: Subject matter expert on analytical thinking and problem solving tactics, along with development of strategies in gathering valuable information and providing accurate assessments for use of action and General level officers and other key decision makers. Seasoned coach and mentor to junior officers, junior and mid All-Source analysts, equipping them with knowledge to improve their products and procedures. Provided subject matter expert training to foreign militaries in both intelligence and planning efforts, tactics, techniques and procedures.
EDUCATION – TRAINING – CERTIFICATIONS – SECURITY CLEARANCE
Bachelor of Applied Science, Resources and Technology Management, Troy University; (pending October 2020) Relevant Coursework: Leadership Methods, Statistics, Research Methods in Social Science, Geographic Information Systems in Social Sciences, Principles of Management, Computer Concepts and Applications, Ethics, English and Literature.
Bachelor of Professional Studies, Business & Management, Excelsior College; (pending March 2021) Relevant Coursework: The Bachelor of Professional Studies (BPS) in Business and Management program includes coursework in Financial and Managerial Accounting, Financial Management, Organizational Behavior, Marketing, Project Management, Employee Relations, Leadership, Management Practice, Human Resource Management, Business Communication, and Global Commerce.
AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification, Syracuse University; April 2020 Cohort Coursework Summary: Syracuse University's Institute for Veterans and Military (IVMF) teamed with Amazon Web Services (AWS) to offer AWS training and certification resources to the military community.
Professional Certificate, Data Science: Foundations using R Specialization, The Johns Hopkins University; 2020 Coursework Summary: The program covered the topics of R Programming, Practical Machine Learning, Regression Models, Developing Data Products, Statistical Inference, Reproducible Research and Cleaning Data.
Professional Certificate, Python for Everybody Specialization, University of Michigan - School of Information; 2020 Coursework Summary: Using the Python programming language, builds on technical skills and introduced fundamental programming concepts including data structures, networked application program interfaces, and databases, In the Capstone Project, utilized the technologies learned throughout the Specialization to design and create applications for data retrieval, processing, and visualization.
In-Scope Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance, adjudicated November 2017. Previous ACCM read-on and access.
Professional Certificate, Data Science: Foundations using R Specialization, University of California, Berkeley; 2020 Coursework Summary: The program provides a primer in the fundamentals of SQL and working with data so the student can begin analyzing it for data science purposes. Prepares the student to begin to ask the right questions and come up with effective answers to deliver valuable insights for the organization. Upon completion, I am now able to interpret the structure, meaning, and relationships in source data and use SQL as a professional to shape the data for targeted analysis purposes.
Salesforce Certified Administrator, VetForce/Trailblazer Veteran Program; 2019, pending examination Coursework Summary: The Vetforce program is a self-paced training program that focuses on credentials and certifications for critical Salesforce roles like admin or developer. This program is available to all active duty personnel, reserve, guard, veterans, and military spouses.
FAA Private Pilot: FAA License# 4323423, October 2019
USMC Foreign Disclosure Officer’s Course, Camp Lejeune, NC, March 2019 Coursework Summary: After being designated a foreign disclosure point of contact (FDPOC) served as the command’s focal point for all foreign disclosure issues. The foreign disclosure process includes a critical responsibility for ensuring compliance with the provisions of any treaty, agreement, statute, executive order, directive, or instruction involving the disclosure of military information
(both Classified and Unclassified) to foreign governments and international organizations.
GCCS Basic Operator Course / Agile Client, U.S. Southern Command, Doral, FL 2018
Warfighting for Intelligence Analyst Course (WIAC), New Orleans, LA 2014 Coursework Summary: The Warfighting for Intelligence Analyst Course (WIAC) provided students the ability to: accurately evaluate and articulate the threat; describe the competing views of combat; describe the influence of each competing view of combat on intelligence production in command and control; define combat power, physical forces, mental forces, and moral forces; and describe in writing or briefing format the threat/enemy physical, mental, and moral forces contributing to combat power.
Center of Gravity Course Workshop, New Orleans, LA 2014 Coursework Summary: The Center of Gravity (COG) course provided students the ability to: identify threat/enemy strengths and weaknesses; discriminate between threat/enemy COG and strengths; discriminate between threat/enemy critical vulnerabilities (CV) and weaknesses; identify potential combined arms dilemma the threat/enemy could impose, and define combined arms dilemma while conducting analysis of hostile intelligence capabilities.
Marine Corps Air Ground Task Force Intelligence Analyst Course, Virginia Beach, VA, 2010
State of Florida Firefighter, issued December 2015, expires December 2023, EMT-Paramedic, active license, expires December 2020; Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), American Heart Association, expires July 2021, Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS), expires March 2021, Emergency Vehicle Operator’s Course
(EVOC), issued January 2015, does not expire.
Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic, American Medical Academy, Florida Firefighter, Miami Dade College, Miami, Florida, 2015
Associate in Arts, Civil Engineering, Miami Dade College, Miami, Florida Relevant Coursework: Intro to Micro Computers and Usage, History of Architecture, Critical Thinking and Ethics, Social Sciences, Discrete Mathematics, and Statistical Methods.
High School Diploma, McEachern High School, Powder Springs, Georgia. Activities and Societies: German Club, Varsity Wrestling (2007 Georgia 5A State Champion - Duals), Varsity Track & Field, Fellowship of Christian Athletes TECHNICAL SKILLS
AWS Cloud Essentials, Syracuse University (Institute for Veterans and Military Families), April 2020 Cohort
Data Science: Foundations using R Specialization, Johns Hopkins University
Python for Everybody Specialization, University of Michigan
SQL for Data Science, University of California, Davis
Salesforce Certified Administrator, VetForce/Trailblazer Veteran Program, pending examination
Advanced Foreign Security Forces Advisor, additional Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) assigned by Headquarters Marine Corps (HQMC) 2019
GCCS Basic Operator Course / Agile Client, U.S. Southern Command, Doral, FL 2018
Additional Skills: MS Office 2010 - 2016 Suite – SharePoint – C2PC – Analyst Notebook – Falcon View – Guardian – Blackberry AtHOC – GOTHAM
– Palantir – JIDO Tool Suite on SIPRNET and JWICS: Search Tool – Edge: Social Media Exploitation, Foxhole, BOOM, RIPIT, Horizon Web, Correlate, IMPACT/CACTiS – Voltron & SIGINT Tool familiarization – Esri ArcGIS Software – PowerBI – CELLEBRITE Media/ Cellular Phone Exploitation Hardware/Software – TERRA EXPLORER – BGAN Satellites Communication, Install and Troubleshoot – DoD Radio Communications – GCCS
– Agile Client – AWS Cloud Essentials
Current Operations Division Watch Officer (Contractor), Trident Technologies & Consulting – Global, LLC: J33, Special Operations Command – South, Homestead, FL. October 2019 –Present:
- Maintained a high degree of relevant and current knowledge and situational awareness of SOF activities as well as other human and geo-political issues affecting SOUTHCOM activities by preparing daily briefings, staff coordination, and staff decision documentation.
- Monitored, assessed, and reported the status of all SOF and friendly force current operations in the USSOUTHCOM AOR as operational missions are being conducted.
- Provided real time operational status updates of all SOF and friendly deployed forces to the J33 Chief when requested and attended operational meetings as required to provide appropriate and timely operational information to the J33 staff.
- Provided support and initial response to crisis and appropriate notification across the spectrum of events (personal emergencies, physical security, natural disasters, and emergency and military contingencies) to command leadership.
- Provided support with the planning and execution of SOCSOUTH COOP training and real-world missions.
- Utilized Esri’s ArcGIS, Guardian and Gotham software solutions for purposes of graphical data displays of personnel and asset location tracking and reporting.
U.S. Marine Corps All Source Intelligence Analyst, Non-Commissioned Officer: Production & Analysis Office, G2, Marine Corps Forces – South, Doral, FL. January 2018 – October 2019:
- Executed the steps of the Intelligence Cycle in a timely manner, ensuring accuracy throughout, in order to raise the situational awareness of the Two-Star Commander, AC/S Staff, Operational Planning Teams (OPTs), and outside entities to include USSOUTHCOM, ARSOUTH, AFSOUTH, SOCSOUTH, and NAVSOUTH. Conducted Daily Update Briefs, CSU, O&I, RFIs, country briefs, intelligence notes and other Production & Analysis requirements.
-Continuously improved situational awareness of significant geopolitical and military events, current and historic, distribution, websites, and geopolitical requests for information within the USSOUTHCOM Area of Responsibility and advised the staff of relevant events; provided JIPOE, RFI, reporting, IPB, liaison with external entities.
-Operated as the program manager for Marine Forces South Security Management, Foreign Disclosure and Intelligence Oversight programs to include managing and creating program policies, turnover repositories, AIRS checklists, SharePoint development and organization.
-Participated in, and advocate on the G-2’s behalf, at exercise planning conferences both CONUS and OCONUS, and support scenario and Common Intelligence Picture (CIP) development along with the following USSOUTHCOM exercises: Integrated Advance, PANAMAX, Tradewinds, and UNITAS.
-Advised and assisted SPMAGTFs and SCTTs with intelligence and administrative support before, during, and after deployment cycles in order to achieve commander’s intent.
-Utilized Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese languages as part of supporting force protection and conducting open-source intelligence activities and report to G2X as relevant.
-Assigned as the Foreign Disclosure Officer Representative with program management, development and compliance by assisting the completion and execution of contact officer and representative appointments, DDLs, Foreign Visit Requests, coordination of assignment of PEPs and LNO and any other tasks directed by the FDO. Firefighter/Paramedic, Ocean Reef Fire Rescue, Key Largo, Florida: Firefighter/Paramedic, City of Fort Myers Fire Department, Fort Myers, Florida: July 2016 – January 2018:
- Responded to a wide variety of emergent and non-emergent calls such as structural and environmental fires, traffic accidents, gas leaks, medical emergencies, hazardous material incidents, and service calls.
- Fought fires under departmental procedures and as directed by a fire Company Officer.
- Participated in specialized rescue operations including aerial and underground situations involving the use of rigging and shoring; operated specialized hand and power tools and equipment to rescue traffic accident victims. Paramedic (Government Contractor), Comprehensive Health Services (now subsidiary of Caliburn International) Homestead, Florida: May 2016 – December 2016:
- Provided EMT services at the Paramedic level to preserve the health of employees and client personnel.
- Systematically assessed the urgent or emergent health needs of patients, analyzes data, and formulated a plan of care, with other members of the medical team.
- Recognized and treated illnesses and injuries according to established operating instructions within the scope of licensure and regulations of state employment or practice.
- Recorded and maintained patient information in accordance with standard protocols, and the Privacy Act.
- Identified and recorded the signs and symptoms of physical and mental conditions.
- Thoroughly exercised daily skills in initiative, judgment, problem-solving and decision-making.
- Made independent judgments and prioritized workload and demonstrated proven success in stressful environments.
- Pursued professional development activities and continuing education to ensure currency with present practices and trends in healthcare and specifically in the practice of emergency medical treatment.
- Monitored reconciliation of financial transactions and ensures contract charges are applied uniformly.
- Protected patients' privacy through confidentiality, infection control procedures, assuring consistent medication administration, and assuring proper storage and maintenance procedures for all equipment and supplies. Student, September 2015-May 2016: Firefighter and Paramedic; AA Civil Engineering, Miami Dade College; American Medical Academy
U.S. Marine Corps All Source Intelligence Analyst, Non-Commissioned Officer: U.S. Southern Command, Marine Corps Forces – South, Doral, FL. 2014 –2015:
- Assisted the MARFORSOUTH G-2 section in creating and disseminating products with regards to Central and South America, and the Caribbean Islands. Conduct classified, sensitive, and unclassified intelligence production and analysis.
-Reinforced unit policies, objectives, and Standard Operating Procedures.
-Created highly detailed crisis orientation briefs which are designed to assist U.S. citizens and employees, as well as, military ground units in the evacuation of more than 20,000 U.S. citizens out of the country of Guyana within 48-72 hours in the event of a natural disaster, foreign incident, or conventional war.
-Developed a simplified doctrinal approach to assist future Marines charged with the complex task of completing crisis orientation briefs. U.S. Marine Corps Foreign Security Forces Advisor, Analysis/HUMINT Program Non-Commissioned Officer, Theater Security Cooperation Team: Marine Forces, North, New Orleans, LA, 2012 – 2014:
- Conducted analysis as well as researched, developed, presented and published all source and targeting intelligence products at the tactical and operational level related to transnational narcotic organizations and threats to local/regional stability as part of an overall TSC training team mission.
- Served as an intelligence curriculum developer and Spanish interpreter as part of the multinational Theater Security Cooperation mission in Mexico and the Caribbean, assisting in the development of Host Nation (HN) Instructor counterparts through continual assessment, evaluations, and recommendations on HN intelligence capabilities.
- Taught and led HN instructor cadre an intelligence analysis curriculum to include: analytical tradecraft, software use and capabilities, intelligence and operations interoperability, Sensitive Site Exploitation, Cellular Phone and Media Exploitation, intelligence fusion operations and intelligence incorporation into the Marine Corps Planning Process.
- Participated in and planned military to military tactical capacity building exercises, resulting in the successful training of 1600 Mexican Marines, including supporting units that participated in successfully executed counternarcotic missions that had positive national and international influences.
U.S. Marine Corps All Source Intelligence Analyst: Intelligence Support Battalion, Force Headquarters Group, Navy Operational Support Center Atlanta, GA; Quantico, VA; Orlando, FL, September 2009 – 2012
- Acquired the skills associated with Intelligence Preparation of the Battle space, terrain analysis, ground tactics, targeting intelligence, air tactics, reporting, collections, and operations other than war related to intelligence.
- Examined aerial and satellite photos of foreign ships, bases, and missile sites. Used classified and unclassified computers to prepare intelligence reports, products, and briefings related to intelligence.
- Created briefs for commanders with relation to operations in the Middle East and Africa and familiarization with C2PC, Falcon View, Palantir, HOT-R and Esri’s ArcGIS software solutions.
- Assisted the Marine Corps Intelligence Activity in the production of and structuring lesson plans for Structured Models Approaches and Techniques (SMATS). Proficient in Structured Models, Approaches, and Techniques related to Counterinsurgency Operations. Ecommerce and Logistics Analyst:
Floor and Décor Outlets of America, Atlanta, GA, July 2008 – September 2009
- Ensured that operations were conducted safely and within the law while determining economical traffic patterns and specifies routes and partnered with Operations, Inventory, and Merchandising teams to achieve the company's strategic and tactical supply chain goals.
- Planning and directing: utilized TMS and/or basic operational tools to develop transportation plan for the next day for all inbound and outbound requirements.
- Analyzed inbound and outbound routing efficiencies for all modes (including Intermodal, Truckload and Railcar) and identified opportunities and made recommendations for opportunities to reduce costs or improve services.
- Managed transportation delays and proactively communicate and resolve transportation exceptions.
- Worked with Store Warehouse Leads & DC Transportation Coordinators to execute routes & resolve scheduling & delivery issues.
- Worked with Merchandising, Distribution, and Operations to determine and coordinate the flow of goods through the network and help ensure business is aligned to support established flow plans.
- Monitored & reported carrier and service provider performance through Power BI reports.
- Provided status updates to the business pertaining to supply chain and business unit performance including a forward view of expected results/opportunities.
- Responsible for meeting assigned deliverables and facilitated continued solid relationships with Service Providers.
- Handled day-to-day management of F&D shipments and facilitated Overages, Shortages & Damage claims for all modes of transport.
- Worked with freight accounting to ensure proper coding of invoices & charges are correct, administered freight quotations for all modes, and partnered with freight carrier to manage invoice submission. PERSONAL AWARDS & ADDITIONAL TRAINING
- Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal, Overseas Service Medal; Good Conduct Medal x 3 awards; Global War on Terrorism Medal; Sea Service Deployment Ribbon, Global War on Terrorism Service Medal; Armed Forces Reserve Medal with Bronze Hourglass, National Defense Medal.
- Fire Academy Class Leader with Distinction Honors, Miami Dade College Fire Academy, Miami, FL December 2015
- Sergeant’s Resident School, Staff Non-Commissioned Officer Academy, Quantico, VA, December 2018
- Sergeant’s Non-Resident School, December 2013
- Corporal’s Resident School, Non-Commissioned Officer Academy, Del Mar, CA, July 2012