Ahmet D. Houssein
Bay Area San Jose 408-***-****
Visionary entrepreneurial executive with deep understanding of computer technology, with proven track record of delivering innovative solutions and driving profitable business from start-up to large corporations. Collaborative and inclusive leader proactively gets in front of problems and leads by example working and influencing cross-functional worldwide organization, customers and partners with professionalism and integrity. Strong communication verbal, writing and presentation skills. CORE COMPETENCIES
• Executive Management
• Marketing and Sales Leadership
• Marketing Strategy, Corporate Strategy, Branding
• Computer Software & Hardware Design / R&D
• Business Development and Portfolio Management
• Business Planning & Financial Modeling (P&L)
• Account Strategy, Development & Positioning
• Research, Strategic Analysis & Planning
• Team Building & Coaching
• Competitive Analysis & Industry Trends
Xilinx (acquirer of Solarflare) - Chief Marketing and Strategy Exec 2019 – Present Data Center Solution Group provider of FPGA, ASIC, Boards and Software accelerator solutions for Networking, Compute (AI, ML, Video...) & Storage: Accountable for Product Management, Product Planning, Marketing Strategy / Positioning, Product Roadmap, Product Strategy, Product Positioning, Business Development, eco-system development and partners in the datacenter group.
• Successfully integrated team in to receiving group.
• Established integrated Roadmaps, Go to Market Strategy, Marcom plans, Sales Presentation for integrated products and solutions.
• Delivered product / solution (silicon, Boards, Software…) 5-year strategic plan including revenue models.
• Trained Sales teams key and presented to accounts Google, Amazon, Alibaba, Tencent and Microsoft Solarflare - VP of Marketing and Strategic Development 2016 – 2018 Data Center Network Connectivity Solution provider (Semiconductors, Boards and Software for Neural Class Networks (SmartNIC, AI, Analytics)): Responsible for Product Management, Product Planning, Marketing Strategy, Product Strategy, Product Roadmap, Branding, Business Development, Eco-system development and vendors.
• Implemented marketing, strategic direction and programs for Neural Class networks, Security, Storage and Network Analytics. Increase revenues by 20%, enter new markets and expand brand awareness.
• Developed new product strategy for Cloud Service providers and secured design at Alibaba others.
• Established partnership / Join Venture with Xilinx for SmartNIC resulting and funding by Xilinx. This ultimately resulted in acquisition of Solarflare by Xilinx. Drove industry wide validation of FPGA based SmartNIC.
• Entered storage networking market by developing new approach to Storage fabrics based on NVMe industry standards. Delivered the industry’s first NVMe on TCP/IP opening up multibillion-dollar market.
• Drove NVMe standards body to adopt NVMe over TCP. Gave two keynote speeches Flash Storage Summit. MSys Technologies
Advisory Board Member 2015 – 2016
Software development services: Advised on technology services and products in cloud computing, SaaS, PaaS, big data, DevOps, and internet of things. Supported strategy development, global marketing, and identifying new growth areas for MSys.
QLogic - SVP/GM of Ethernet Business Unit 2014 - 2015 Data Center Network connectivity Solution provider (Semiconductors / ASIC, Boards and Software): Led worldwide Business Development, Product Marketing, Product Roadmap, Product Positioning and Sales operation. Managed Technology, Product development (software, firmware, hardware, and semiconductor), qualification (QA), Manufacturing and customer support. Oversaw 300+ matrixed resources.
• Launched next generation Ethernet products - resulting in revenue growth from $30M to over $120M.
• 1st to market with next generation 25Gb Ethernet products - Capturing HP and Dell with joint press releases.
• Led “product cost reduction initiatives” that yielded overall savings of 15% and silicon cost savings of 30%. Microcloud Solutions - President/Founder 2011 – 2014 Cloud and Internet consulting practice (Software and Systems): Implement SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, private and public clouds, utilizing technologies from VMWare, Microsoft, Amazon and Google Cloud.
• Enabled new scale-out compute model with a unique Micro-Server architecture for cloud infrastructure.
• Utilized new technologies (Virtual Machine, SANs, Solid State Disk, Data Cashing SW, Database (SQL)…) resulting in significant cost savings for clients. Virtensys (acquired by Micron) - President and CEO 2007 - 2011 Data Center I/O virtualization solution Provider (Semiconductor / ASIC, Boards, Systems and Software): Enhanced company’s go-to-market strategy and re-factored products to support market demand. Reorganized, restructured and recruited new team. Established Strategic partnership with IBM, Micron…
• First to market with IO Virtualization solution - capturing NEC and IBM – initial revenues over $2M
• Secured Micron partnership to deliver Virtual Flash Memory solution - ultimately led to acquisition by Micron.
• Implemented ASIC with no re-spin minimizing expense by about $7M+.
• Drove market awareness for IO Virtualization - received many industry awards - Vmworld Best New Product.
• Secured $25M in VC funding.
Silverback (acquired Brocade) - President & CEO 2005 - 2007 Data Center Networking solutions provider (Semiconductor / ASIC, Boards, Systems & Software): Headed worldwide Sales, Product Marketing, Corporate Marketing and Operations. Led Technology, Product Engineering (software, firmware, hardware, and semiconductor), and customer support. Accountable for P&L and revenues. Drove new company technology, strategy and product direction.
• Revamped go-to-market, delivering product at groundbreaking costs and won NETAPP and Fujitsu.
• Implemented new ASIC with no re-spin minimizing our expenses saving about $5M.
• Recruited new talent (marketing and sales) jump start engagements; resulted in 4 new design wins at OEMs.
• Secured $16M in funding. Network Appliance, our customer, also participated. ADDITIONAL RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
Adaptec, San Jose CA,
VP/GM of Storage/Network Solutions provider (Semiconductor / ASIC, Boards, Systems & Software) Intel Corporation, Portland OR
General Manager of Converged networking (WiFi)-monitoring-multimedia system for the smart home Marketing Director of Enterprise Entry and Midrange Server Group CPU, Chipset, Boards, Systems, & Software Director at Server Architecture LAB for Intel’s CPU, Chipset, Boards, Systems, & Software EDUCATION
Bachelor of Science (BS), Electrical Engineering (EE) (Telecommunication engineering London UK) AWARDS AND INDUSTRY RECOGNITION
Red Herring Top 100 Europe
FOSE government technology show - Best networking product. Best New Technology Gold Award VMworld
Adaptec CEO Recognition award
Intel Achievement Award for Small Business Server Appliance INDUSTRY ASSOCIATIONS / LEADERSHIP
Founding member of the Storage Networking Industry Association (SNIA) Board of directors.