(Retired Wing Commander – Sri Lanka Air Force)
Sahara Plaza Apartments, Al Nahda, Dubai
Mobile : +971**-*******
** ***** ** ********** ** a Commissioned Officer at the Sri Lanka Air Force in the spectrum of human resource management, maintaining, developing and implementing new administrative systems, recruitment planning, conducting of interviews, assessment & selection of new recruits & following up on joining formalities, managing and record keeping of budget in the organization, logistic resource management, allocation of responsibilities with job description and monitor and assist to reach desired goal, Submit reports timely to higher authorities in order upgrade the existing formalities if any, training and development of human resources, handling of staff duties at headquarters level. Commanding officer for 03 Regiment Wings each consisting more than 300 personnel and held responsible for their operational and administration functions. Extensive experience in planning & execution of disaster management, evacuation, community awareness, preparedness, rescue, rehabilitation & reconstruction and media handling. Experience in law enforcement authorities such as local police, department of immigration and emigration, customs, coast guard in the peace and conflict situations. PERSONAL DETAILS
Full Name : Sundapperuma Arachchige Don Channa Manjula Jayathilaka Date of Birth : 03rd May 1976
Address : Sahara Plaza Apartments, Al Nahda, Dubai Telephone : +971*********
Mobile Phone : +971*********
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Passport No : N7394763
Citizenship : Sri Lankan
Marital Status : Married
School Attended : Maris Stella College, Negombo
Universities Attended : University of Kelaniya, Sri Lanka
: General Sir John Kotelawela Defence University, Sri Lanka EXPERIENCE
2015 - 2019
2009 – 2014
OFFICER COMMANDING OPERATIONS
2012 - 2013
2010 - 2011
CHIEF INSTRUCTOR FOR OFFICER CADETS TRAINING
2000 – 2003 & YEAR 2008
OFFICER COMMANDING REGIMENT SQUADRON
2004 - 2006
OFFICER IN CHARGE FOR EXPLOSIVE ORDNANCE DISPOSAL TRAINING 2007
CHIEF INSTRUCTOR REGIMENTAL TRAINING
MASTER OF SCIENCE IN DEFENSE AND STRATEGIC STUDIES KOTHALAWALA DEFENSE UNIVERSITY SRI LANKA
POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN DEFENSE MANAGEMENT
UNIVERSITY OF KELANIYA SRI LANKA
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES HELD
Defense, Logistics & Human Resources Management
1. Effective and efficient utilization of human resource and other logistic resources to achieve the goal of the establishment
2. Appraise for future requirements of human resources (manpower planning) and other logistic resources and forwarding to higher authorities.
3. Conducting of interviews, assessment & selection of new recruits & following up on joining formalities
4. Ongoing monitoring of performance, conducting performance appraisals & personnel development training & coaching
5. Conducting regular training activities both military & administrative subjects as required. 6. Handling grievances of human resource as appropriate 3
7. Maintaining personnel records & carrying out/monitoring other administrative tasks such as monitoring of salaries, incentives, drafting letters, memos, promotions, scheduling & posting concerning over 400 human resources
8. Handling of welfare facilities of human resource and preparing new proposals for higher authority timely to enhance the welfare of the human resource. 9. Conducting investigations related to discipline and malpractices of the organization and submit such reports for decisions of higher authorities.
10. Maintain both discipline and friendly environment among human resource which benefited for both organization and personnel.
11. Submit reports timely to higher authorities in order upgrade the existing formalities if any. 12. Conducting threat assessments at establishments, planning and execution of the defense plan 13. Organizing of welfare and recreation activities timely in order to maintain the momentum of the human resources.
14. Evaluate skills and knowledge of human resource timely and organize lectures and skill development related training as required
15. Secondary duties held in the fields of Civil Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Mechanical 16. Courts of Inquiry: Served as President / Member of various Courts of Inquiries appointed to inv
17. Boards: Served as President / Member of various sitting board appointed to locate buildings, 18. Boards of Survey: Served as President/ Member of various Boards of Survey appointed to 19. Audit Board: Served as President/ Member of Audit Boards appointed for auditing various Non- Public Accounts in
20. Head/Member of Disaster Management Team: Held responsible for the effective implementation of pre and post Disaster Management plans pertaining to any situation and capable and trained in taking control of any situation of disaster and executing action plans as 21. Chairman/Member Technical Evaluation Committee: Served as Chairman/Member of various Technical Evaluation Committees to procure Equipment/Services for the Sri Lanka Air Force. INTERNATIONAL ASSIGNMENTS
1. Member of the United Nation Peace Keeping Mission in Haiti during the year 2008.(MINUSTHA) EXPERIENCE IN TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
1. Experience in conducting training for newly recruited officer cadets on both military and administrative subjects to convert them as leaders of the organization. This includes military science, weapon training, law enforcement and human rights. 2. Experience in conducting training for other ranks for their trade related advance training. 3. Experience in conducting training for officers and other ranks on searching, detection, identification and disposal of explosives and improvised explosive devices. 4. Experience in providing military related clearance for VVIP air crafts and moments 4
1. Appointed as Asst. Director – Colombo District Disaster Management Unit – Ministry of Disaster Management in 2013 - 2014. Held responsible for awareness, preparedness planning, mitigation, training and rehearsals on evacuation for vulnerable community for disasters. Further, responsible for early warning, evacuation, camping and efficient use of Human Resources and other logistics during a disaster situation
MILITARY & NON-MILITARY TRAINING
1. Completed Senior Staff Course at Defense Services Command and Staff College, Sapugaskanda, Sri Lanka and obtained the title of ‘psc’ in December 2016. 2. Completed Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) and Improvised Explosive Device Disposal (IEDD) course at Pakistan Air Force Base Mallir in March 2015. 3. Completed the SAARC Regional Training Program on Post Disaster Need Assessment conducted by the Postgraduate Institute of Science, University of Peradeniya in October 2014. 4. Completed Disaster Resilience Leadership Course (DRL) conducted by Asian Disaster Preparedness Centre (ADPC) in July 2014 at Thailand Bangkok. 5. Completed the National Level Hands On Training Workshop On The End To End Early Warning System Tools And Response For Coastal Hazards conducted by Asian Disaster Prepairedness Centre (ADPC) at Ministry Of Disater Management Sri Lanka In May 2014. 6. Completed the Certificate in Disaster Management Course conducted by the Sri Lanka Institute of Development Administration in February 2014.
7. Participated for the seminar on Challenges In Multi Dimensional Peacekeeping And The Readiness Of Sri Lankan Peacekeepers at The Institue Of Peace Support Operations training Sri Lanka (IPSOTSL) in July 2013.
8. Completed Multinational Force Standing Operating Procedures Course conducted by US Pacific Command in June 2013 at Colombo.
9. Completed the Ground Duties Officers Course at Indian Air Force Academy, Hyderabad, in December 2012.
10. Completed Disaster Planning Diploma conducted by Defense Institute for Medical operations
(DIMO) USA in September 2010 at Colombo.
11. Completed the Junior Command and Staff Course at Sri Lanka Air Force Academy, Chinabay in December 2009.
12. Completed the Human Rights Awareness Program conducted by the Centre for the Study of Human Rights, University of Colombo in November 2009. 13. Completed the Military Induction Training Course at Haiti conducted by United Nations Stabilization Mission in Haiti in July 2008.
14. Completed Air Liaison Officer (ALO) at Logistics Base, Port au Prince, Haiti,United Nations Stabilization Mission in Haiti in July 2008.
15. Completed Base Defense Proficiency Course at Regimental Training Centre, Sri Lanka Air Force Station Ampara in October 2002.
16. Completed Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) basic course at Explosive Ordnance Disposal Training Wing at Sri Lanka Air Force in October 2001. 5
Awarded Videsha Sewa Medal
Awarded armed service Long service Medal
Awarded armed service Long service Clasp
Awarded East Humanitarian Campaign Medal
Awarded North Humanitarian Campaign Medal
Awarded North and East Operational Medal
Awarded Purna Bhumi Medal
Awarded United Nations Service (Haiti) Medal
Awarded Seva Medal
Awarded Sevabhimani Medal
I hereby confirm that the above given details are correct to the best of my knowledge.
(S A D C M JAYATHILAKA)