Oracle Database Administrator
Aiming to work in organization to leverage my technical skills as database administrator and work as team to collectively add value towards the organization goal. Proactive professional with 1.6+years of experience on maintaining oracle database on Linux, AIX and Windows. Skills:
• Oracle Database, RAC & ASM Administration
• Provide troubleshooting support
• RDBMS and GRID Database Patching
• Data Security, Backup & Recovery
• Active Data Guard
• OEM 12C,13C
• Oracle installation RDBMS and Grid
• Export and Import (EXPDP & IMPDP)
Current Company : IBM-Vodafone Idea (Payroll company-Softenger India Pvt Ltd) Profile : Oracle Database Administrator L1 from Oct, 2018 to Present Current location : Hinjawadi, Pune
Client : Vodafone Idea
Project : Idea Cellular Datacenter
Role and Responsibilities
• Shift lead where we effectively handle issues which arise, provide good exposure on issues to members of team for root cause analysis and work closely with the customer needs and issues.
• Publishing Weekly and monthly SLA reports of Service Request on 850+ databases and scheduled or unscheduled downtime reports to client.
• Working on mail and incident ticketing tool of user request within the SLA time for quick resolution.
• Working on Export/Import as per the user requirement on various levels like Schemas, tables, partitions etc.
• User management and granting various privileges like system, procedure, tables and roles.
• Do month end activate like Pointing change of tables, view creation, Add Future partitions, Purge Monthly Data as per policy as per the customer requirement.
• Do Oracle Installation of (RDBMS & GRID) and Client installation upon user request on various platforms and Create DB Wallets for application users as per the Application team requirement.
• Do Partial Restoration and DB Cloning on weekly bases as per the customer requirement.
• Worked on database migration from one data center to other by Oracle Installation (RDBMS & GRID), DB restoration, ADG Configuration and open database in Snapshot mode for application testing of new DB setup.
• Dose Partial Restoration of database on weekly bases as per customer requirement.
• Killing blocking, long running sessions upon user approval for better DB performance.
• Apply PSU and GRID+PSU patches in production, UAT and test database on Quarterly bases.
• Working on BMC 9.1 Remedy ticketing tool and RFC perform as per customer requirement.
• Working on CDC Replication tool and maintain under SLA.
• Initiate BCV every night for application reporting capturing.
• Table space monitoring and management with the required action and raise storage if required.
• Archive Log monitoring and Maintanence as per requirement.
• RMAN Backup monitoring and take action if any failure of backup.
• Monitor database alerts and take the feasible action on it. Knowledge
• Good understanding of Oracle Architecture and Query processing.
• Oracle software installation (RDBMS & GRID) and database creation using DBCA, ASMCA and Manual method for 11g and 12C.
• RMAN and Manual Backup Recovery over varies scenario like loss of control file, backup archive log and data file (critical & non-critical).
• Good knowledge of Export and Import (EXPDP/IMPDP).
• Performed logical backup and restore on varies level like full, schema, table, table space etc.
• Did database cloning from hot/cold backup using RMAN/manual method.
• Good knowledge on Standby/Datagaurd and creation using RMAN method.
• Recovery of Datagaurd in case of huge gap and archive log missing.
• Good understanding of database patching NON RAC/ RAC database like one-off, CPU, PSU Rolling and Non Rolling Fashion.
• Good in user and role management and assigning privileges.
• Assigning Table space and provide required quotas to user.
• Archive log management to make space in archive log destination.
• Table space management by increasing data file and adding data file if needed.
• Checking health of the database in case of any error and SR if needed.
• Checking alert log for any significant error and take necessary action by informing DB owner.
• Troubleshooting database issues like connectivity and blocking/locking etc.
• Knowledge of ASM and its functionality.
• Knowledge generating AWR/ADDM/ASH reports.
• Hands on Experience of Moving data files from one disk group/file system to another Disk group.
• Knowledge about managing database storage, creating DB links.
• Basic knowledge of RMAN backup techniques like full, incremental etc.
• Good knowledge on exporting tables, schemas and import on test and UAT database from production for application team testing.
• Worked on multiple database migrations to new datacenter as per the customer requirements.
• Knowledge of 11g R2 and 12C cluster startup process.
• Basic knowledge of RAC architecture and Administration.
• Basic knowledge about Golden Gate.
• Operating Systems: Linux®, IBM AIX, Windows Server® 2008, Windows XP®, Windows 7®, MS- DOS®.
• Application Software: Microsoft Office®, BMC Remedy 8.1 and 9.1, Adobe Premier Pro®, Adobe Photoshop®, Autodesk 3D Studio Max®.
• Database Software: Oracle Database 11G and 12C, ASM, RAC, Datagaurd, Toad, SQL Server & Developer 2008.
• B. Tech (Bachelor in Information Technology) from SRM Easwari Engineering College of Anna University Chennai in 2016.
• Diploma (Diploma in Computer Science Engg) from Thiru Seven Hills Polytechnic College of Department of Technical Education Chennai in 2013.
• S.S.L.C from Tamil Nadu Board in 2010.
• Completed Oracle DBA classroom training from Smash Gaps.
• Completed Advanced Training in Computer Application classroom training from Apollo Computer education.
• Completed Diploma in Multimedia classroom training from CSC Computer Education.
• Completed Core Java classroom training from SAI Career Vision. Projects
• IOT Based Automated Fish Farming System (08/2015 – 04/2016)
• Fuzzy Keyword Search Over Encrypted Data in Cloud Computing (09/2012 – 04/2013) Personal Information
Father's Name : Srinivas Raju B
Date of Birth : 29/06/1995
Gender : Male
Marital Status : Single
Languages : English, Tamil, Telugu, Hindi
Hobbies : Photography, Books, Music, Mobile Technologies, Outdoor Games, Traveling. DECLARATION
I declare the above statements to be true to the best of my knowledge and belief. Place:
Date: Sriharivarma B