Edward (Ted) Bruce 760-***-****
**** ******** *****, *********, ** 92056 email@example.com
OBJECTIVE: Apply my broad experience establishing and growing a robust supply chain, through support focus and execution.
• Manufacturing Agreements • Consignment Inventory • Staged Warehouses
• Worldwide Strategy • Organization / Prioritization • Quality Assurance
• Direct Problem Solving
• Participative Leadership
• Critical path planning
• Finance budget and execution
• Proactive Decision Making
• Microsoft Suite
BS major in Business Admin – Marketing CSULB 1983, Stanford AeA Executive Institute 2002 SKILLS SUMMARY
• Wilco Products, managed all sourcing changes and decisions. 1. With raw material source change increased product reliability by 40% 2. Developed tooling for injection molding that reduced component costs by 80% 3. Designed components resulting in an 80% reduction in manufacturing time
• At DPAC Technologies directed operations equipment changes resulting in high volume production capabilities
1. Identified manufacturing limitations and directed options toward a process that would be able to ramp production from thousands of parts per month to millions of parts per month
2. Established 3 prong approach to WIP and raw materials that had customers, vendors and our organization responsible at different stages 3. Set up quick turn PCB capabilities to reduce inventory exposure and to assist with ramping new products into full production
• My last role at Toshiba was Senior Manager for North American Manufacturing and Worldwide Subcontracting.
1. Developed a worldwide subcontracting strategy to limited inventory exposure yet insure quick turnaround for all phases of product ramp
2. Initiated consignment, local warehouse and on-site inventory pull-strategies that reduced carrying costs for on hand company owned inventory 3. Strengthen supplier relations at the top levels creating strategic alliances 2
Organization and Planning Skills
• At each company my success was enhanced by my project management skill set coupled with a sense of urgency and experience in understanding the critical path and contingency planning necessary for successful outcomes.
1. At Wilco I accelerated product reliability testing to escape product failures in a harsh environment
2. At DPAC Technologies within 3 months of productions changes that were finalized and tested, enabling customer qualification resulting in high volume demand on the 4th month 3. At Toshiba I created a new product line with processes unique to the organization ramping product demand to $20M within 6 months
• Using the same project management skills to ensure actions have specific owners this allows for success.
1. At Wilco Products positive communications with vendors and understanding their objects allow for mutual success
2. At DPAC Technologies having more resources it was possible to ensure the objectives had specific ownership by department
3. At Toshiba, our supplier relationships were team-driven, with high level of commitment enabling great success
President/Owner Wilco Products, LLC 2007-2019
Consultant Bruce & Associates 2004-2007
CEO/Board Member DPAC Technologies 1999-2003
Senior Manager, Product Line Manager, Product Marketing Eng. Toshiba (TAEC) 1989-1999 Manager of Project Managers, Project Manager Hughes Microelectronics 1984-1989