Proven technology leader with demonstrated expertise delivering large scale project portfolios while acting as a trusted strategic business partner with executive management teams and key stakeholders. Consistently exceeded expectations orchestrating technology solutions across all levels of the organization. Subject matter expertise in Network & Systems Architecture, Business Case and ROI Creation, Business Process Optimization, IT Governance, Demand Management, Full Lifecycle Vendor Management, and People Leadership & Development. Built strategies that ensured technology was used efficiently, cost-effectively, and securely. Education
Dowling College, Oakdale, NY
B.S. in Computer Science
Date of Degree: 1998
2015-present, Director of Information Security
University Support Services, LLC, Great River, NY (c/o St. George’s University, Grenada)
• Built Information Security Team for Enterprise.
• Designed overall Depth in Defense Cyber Security strategy for Enterprise
• Developed and implemented computing/security policies using NIST framework.
• Promoted security awareness and developed training for employees and students
• Developed security frameworks for operations, identity and access management, risk management, data classification, sensitive data protection, policy lifecycle and governance, threat and vulnerability management, disaster recovery, and business continuity, in line with company strategy.
• Established an audit cycle with business units to ensure the protection of sensitive data.
• Implemented strategies for security monitoring, incident response, governance, and disaster recovery efforts.
• Delivered Enterprise security services such as Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Multi- Function Authentication (MFA), external encrypted messaging, endpoint protection, security log aggregation using Artificial Intelligence (AI), and advanced threat protection and mitigation.
• Implemented virus, malware, and threat mitigation using endpoint protection
• Initiated penetration testing services for internal and external network, and social engineering.
• Provided legal counsel with compliance reports to ensure privacy of employees and students (HIPAA, FIRPA).
• Conducted security-related investigations with Department of Homeland Security and FBI involving cyber extortion threats against the organization.
• Developed Cyber incident Response Team (CIRT) and Cyber Incident Response Plan. 2006 – 2015, Director of Research & Advanced Technologies University Support Services, LLC, Great River, NY (c/o St. George’s University, Grenada)
• Interim CTO
• Set overall technology vision for the organization.
• Developed IT strategies and goals aligned with company vision
• Management of a global IT and Audio/Visual team (70+ employees)
• Responsible for research, quality assurance testing, implementation, evaluating, and documentation of all technologies.
• Developed timelines for the development and deployment of all technological services.
• Determined all technological requirements necessary for the organization.
• Managed technology and audio/visual budget for the organization.
• Saved company capital by best utilizing technology to obtain maximum value
• Communicated and implemented departmental/company initiatives.
• Worked cross-functionally with other departments to accomplish common goals effectively
• Responsible for IT infrastructure for 60+ buildings on campus
• Responsible for digital communications within and across campuses
• Developed career and skills development programs for all employees.
• Worked closely with Business to drive development of future technology needs. 1993 – 2006, Technician / Administrator / Manager
University Support Services, LLC, Bay Shore, NY (c/o St. George’s University, Grenada)
• Responsible for the coordination and day-to-day maintenance of network, operation, and client-related services.
• Architected, implemented, developed, managed, and maintained enterprise systems
(such as IBM Domino, Active Directory, and Windows, Linux, and Unix Server environments)
• Designed, developed, and maintained Enterprise network.
• Globally maintained local and wide area networks. Supported hardware, software, services, and contracts.
• Developed backup, recovery, and retention plans for company.
• Interfaced with vendors and managed budget to determine best solution for company.
• Prepared and maintained documentation for all systems and network operations
• Implementation, management, and maintenance of database systems (including IBM DB2, Microsoft SQL, and Oracle DB servers)
• Promoted and trained staff and personnel on latest technology.
• Developed and managed Enterprise e-mail, Network, and Systems team globally.
• Developed and implemented Enterprise applications
• Established and managed development team.
• Developed Help Desk ticketing system. Built team responsible for handling support issues.
Certifications / Skills
Comptia A+, Microsoft MSCE, MCT, Office 365, Cisco CCNA, IBM/Lotus/DB2 IBM Certified System Administrator, Quickr, IBM Websphere Portal, Sametime, IBM Certified Application Developer, DB2 Professional, CA ITCM, CA Spectrum, Fortinet Fortigate, Symantec Endpoint Protection, CISSP (Pursuing certification)
Information Security innovator who has experience successfully enabling business growth and detailed knowledge of people and processes, tools, technologies, and best practices. Over twenty-five years of IT experience in the architecture, design, and execution of solutions. Other skills include Application Development Management, Solutions Development Lifecycle Methodology, Infrastructure Architecture, Security Architecture, Mobility Solutions and Management, Offshore IT Operations, Role and Job Architecture. Knowledge of several programming languages.
Security skills include Network & System, Information Security, Risk Management, Vulnerability Assessments, Authentication & Access Control, Organizational Development, Regulatory Compliance, Systems Architecture, Leadership, and Team Building Personal
BSA Pack 363 Committee Chair, Sayville, NY
BSA Troop 184 Committee Member, Sayville, NY
ROHHAD FIGHT, INC. Co-Chair
Wet Pants Sailing Association, Corresponding Secretary