+1-484-***-**** email@example.com www.linkedin.com/in/sinchanghosh
Results-driven and dedicated individual with 4+ years of experience in Process optimization, production planning & scheduling, establishing effective quality control through Lean Management techniques. Seeking for challenging position in the field of Process Optimization. EDUCATION
Lehigh University, PA, USA Aug 2018- May 2020
Masters in Industrial Systems Engineering GPA: 3.63/4.0 National Institute of Foundry and Forge Technology, IN Jul 2010-May 2014 Bachelors in Metallurgy and Materials Engineering GPA: 3.80/4.0 PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
B Braun Medical Inc., USA Supply Chain Analyst Intern May 2019 –Present
• Supported the S&OP team by automating and creating reports using SAP, Access and VBA to ensure the maximum efficiency in inventory management with no capital investment.
• Increased production efficiency by 12% and eliminated unnecessary inventory by creating various dashboards and KPI’s.
• Developed an Inventory projection tool to project the Inventory DOH and improved the Supply Schedule Attainment by 7%.
• Planned a Kaizen event to identify the root cause of delayed releases from Quarantine. Enterprise Systems Center Supply Chain Consultant Jan 2019 – May 2019
• Improving the Internal Supply Chain at the Client production site, by Lead time analysis of products using MS Access, MS Excel and IBM SPSS.
• Identified high impact areas at SKU level to achieve over 90% on-time delivery in subsequent quarters of FY 20.
Steel Authority of India Limited, IN Operations Executive Engineer Sep 2015 –Jun 2018
• Improved Equipment Utilization by 18% and achieved a record production of 2950MT of refined steel (highest in 4 years).
• Improved the Productivity of Continuous Casters by 20% by optimizing process parameters.
• Lead Kaizen meets and implemented the recommendations to reduce down-time of equipment by 33%.
• Reduction of Pinholes rejections from 3.8% to 0.65% per month in EWNR Grade steel through Statistical analysis.
• Optimization of Process parameters by performing Root Cause analysis resulting in reduction of average Ferro Vanadium consumption by 11% resulting in savings of $290,000/ year. Steel Authority of India Limited, IN Assistant Engineer Sep 2014 –Aug 2015
• Developed an Inventory management strategy using ABC technique which was used to do inventory planning for all consumables.
• Constructed accurate production standards through extensive time studies.
• Generated the DSI(Demand-Supply-Inventory) report by tracking the Production Attainment.
• Supervised, trained and scheduled a team of approximately 60 technical operators and contract laborers for day to day operations.
• Stabilized the recently commissioned Secondary Refining Unit (part of Steel Melting Shop) consisting of LMF and RH degasser in a new Greenfield state-of-art steel plant. CO-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES & ACHIEVEMENTS
• 2nd prize in National Level Industrial Problem Solution Event in Metallix. 2013
• Gold and Silver medalist in National level in Roller Hockey tournaments. 2004 & 2005 SKILLS
• Arena • AMPL • IBM SPSS • Minitab • Python
• PySpark • SQL • Power BI • R Programming • MS Office Relevant Courses Undertaken:
Supply Chain Models, Optimization Models, Transportation & Logistics Mgt, Applied Data Mining, Planning & Scheduling, Simulation, Mining of Large Datasets, Game Theory, Design of Experiments