HOLLY D. LEUNG
PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT, CERTIFIED
Sneads Ferry, NC
Personable and professional NCCPA-certified Physician Assistant with over 2 years success performing under pressure while remaining patient focused. Licensed in North Carolina with current DEA registration. Caring PA who is extremely enthusiastic about helping the people of eastern North Carolina. Experience primarily in general medicine with some focus on orthopedics. Possesses a keen interest in becoming an orthopedic and orthopedic surgery PA.
Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies
East Carolina University
August 2014 – December 2016
Bachelor of Science in Chemistry
North Carolina Wesleyan
College, Rocky Mount, NC
August 2008 – May 2012
Minors in Mathematics and Biology
Senior Health Associates: Wilmington, NC
Physician Assistant, October 2017 – July 2019
• Responsible for routine and acute care of internal medicine geriatric patients in different settings including outpatient office, long term care skilled nursing facilities, long term care assisted living facilities, skilled nursing rehab facilities, and at New Hanover Regional Medical Center.
• Patients at this practice include many who are post-op from orthopedic surgeries. Rehab SNF follow up includes management of orthopedic patients during therapy post-op.
Med First Immediate Care and Family Practice: Kenansville, NC
Physician Assistant, January 2017 – October 2017
• Responsible for routine primary care as well as urgent care for patients of all ages with a variety of chronic and acute medical conditions including but not limited to diabetes,
hypothyroidism, hypertension, hyperlipidemia, depression, anxiety, chronic pain, kidney stones, gallbladder disease, laceration, infected cysts, syncope, pharyngitis, sinusitis, otitis media, and orthopedic injury.
Park Ridge Health Laboratory, Hendersonville, NC
Phlebotomist, January 2013 – August 2014
• Performed routine venipunctures and alternate specimen collection methods in both the outpatient and in-house settings of a hospital.
• Accurately identified and conducted problem resolution for specimens, using appropriate personal protection equipment, communicated with providers regarding testing and results, assisted in lab Outreach functions, and maintained professionalism at all times.
Hospira Pharmaceuticals, Rocky Mount, NC,
Final Product Lab Analyst, December 2010 – August 2011
• Prepared, tested, and analyzed liquid pharmaceutical drugs as well as sets and devices in order to determine presence or lack of presence of particulate matter.
PA CLINICAL EXPERIENCE
Surgery Elective- Eastern Carolina ENT Head & Neck Surgery
Greenville, NC 150 hours, November – December 2016
• Evaluated diverse patients for a multitude of ENT, head, and neck related issues in the office, OR, and hospital settings.
Prenatal Care and Women’s Health- Novant Health OB/GYN
Bolivia, NC 140 hours, October – November 2016
• Evaluated female patients in a rural NC, OBGYN setting. Observed a variety of OBGYN surgical procedures and participated in medical decision making in the office, OR, and hospital settings.
Surgery- Vidant ACS/Trauma/General Surgery
Greenville, NC 200 hours, September – October 2016
• Performed evaluations pre and post-surgery and assisted/observed in many trauma and general surgery OR cases.
Behavioral Medicine- Wilmington VA Health Care Center
Wilmington, NC 130 hours, August – September 2016
• Facilitated outpatient psychiatric care for Veterans from all branches of the military and assisted in psychotherapy and pharmacological management of many psychiatric conditions.
Emergency Medicine- Vidant Duplin Hospital
Kenansville, NC 186 hours, August 2016
• Evaluated patients of varying levels of acuity and ages in a rural emergency department. Gained experience in CPR, intubation, and many emergency/urgent medical procedures.
Internal Medicine Inpatient- Ashe Memorial Hospital
Jefferson, NC 154 hours, May – June 2016
• Admitted, followed, and discharged patients in a rural, Appalachian hospital. Gained experience in many procedures and interpreting diagnostic methods in a hospital setting.
Pediatrics- Knox Clinic Pediatrics
Wilmington, NC 126 hours, March – April 2016
• Evaluated pediatric patients for well-child checks and a variety of acute medical conditions and calculated corrected dosing for pediatric medications.
Geriatrics/Internal Medicine Outpatient- Sundar Internal Medicine Associates
Henderson, NC 264 hours, February – March 2016; July 2016
• Facilitated outpatient care for an Internal Medicine practice with a predominant geriatric patient population. Gained experience with polypharmacy, documentation, writing prescriptions, and basic office testing/procedures.
Pelican Family Medicine
Wilmington, NC 137 hours, February 2016.
Hometown Primary Care
Kenansville, NC 260 hours, January 2016; April-May 2016
• Evaluated new and established patients for a variety of acute and chronic conditions with specialized training in performing complex in-office procedures.
• Basic Life Support (BLS)
• NC Medical Board Registration
• DEA Registration (03/17)
• NCCPA Certification (12/16)
• Phlebotomy Course
• Providing optimal patient care
through developing good
patient rapport, listening,
analyzing, and customizing
realistic treatment plans
• Patient evaluation/treatment
• Treatment Plan Creation
• Providing information to
diverse audiences in
• Compassionate, caring bedside
• Experience and comfortability
working with all age groups
• Trained in multiple EHR
• Background in interpreting
diagnostic test/lab results
• Maintaining varied workload
• American Academy of
Physician Assistants, Student
• North Carolina Academy of
Physician Assistants, Student
• Physician Assistant Student
Society Member, SAAAPA