GERARD R. SZYDLOWSKI
Maplewood, New Jersey *****
Quantum Risk Solutions Inc.
Senior Underwriter 2019 – 2020
- Working with Wholesaler/MGA a startup operation working with Clear Blue Insurance Company
-Worked to approve retail agents to submit business to Quantum resulting in 9 new agents.
- Used IFTAs, checkfleet, Vincheck and Google to determine if a submission was acceptable.
= Underwrote Collateral Recovery and Towing accounts for acceptably to place with our company resulting in $450,000 in premium
=Worked with agents to underwrite and bind Long Haul, Intermediate and local trucking accounts resulting in $600,000 in premium.
- Rated acceptable accounts in Clear Blue Insurance Company and work with agents negotiate binders.
= Lines underwritten are General Liability, Auto Liability, Physical Damage, Cargo and On-Hook.
=Negotiated the installation of GPS and cameras in insured vehicles.
Amtrust /ARI INSURANCE – Newtown, PA 2013 - 2019
- Worked with retail and wholesale agents to place commercial trucking accounts.
- Worked to increase new agents resulting in 12 new agents and $180,000 premium.
- Handled a renewal book of $7,000,000 with a retention and $250,000 new profitable business.
- Issued and cancelled MCS-90 approximately 100 per month.
- Used IFTAS, DriveCam and Checkfleet determine if an account would be acceptable.
- Performed audits and self-audits in order to comply with company guidelines for preferred business.
- Worked with long haul, intermediate and local truckers.
MARINE AGENCY – Maplewood, NJ 2013 - 2013 Account Executive/Senior Underwriter
- Underwrote coverages which include G. L., Property, Lead and Excess Umbrella, Professional, W. C. and Auto. -Handled renewal book of $5,000,000 with 90% retention and added new business of $85,000.
- Used binding authorities to increase new business and referred to company if outside our authorities.
- Developed the Essex County territory through cold calling and referrals.
THE HEFFNER AGENCY – New York, NY 2010 - 2011
Senior Underwriter - Wholesale Broker
- Underwrote new and renewal business to place BOP, Package Policies, Lead and Excess Umbrellas.
- Worked on large schedules of Property accounts in New York City Territory.
- Renewal book of $20,000,000 with a retention of 80%. New business $400,000
- Worked with 15 carriers to quote and bind policies within our authority also referred accounts
LIG MANAGEMENT SERVICES, INC. - Fort Lee, NJ 2007-2010 Underwriting Supervisor – Managed New Jersey/New York Branch.
- Negotiated with treaty reinsurers for LIG treaties for Property, Casualty and umbrella
- Supervised staff of six underwriters and three assistants. Including Referrals and weekly education classes.
- Responsible for $29.000.000 book of business.
- Opened 21 retail agents increased new business by $3.000.000 with 90% renewal retention.
Senior Underwriter – MGA/Wholesale for Leading Insurance Services, Inc.
- Underwrote G.L, Property, Umbrella, Ocean Marine, Professional Liability, Large Property and Products liability.
- Handled renewal book of $27,000,000 with a retention of 85% and new business of $2,000,000.
. Trained new employees on the systems used within the MGA/Wholesale Division.
- Responsible for filings of the Excess and Surplus lines accounts.
CONTINENTAL MARMORSTEIN & MALONE – Paramus, NJ 2004 -2007
- Underwrote and brokered business for Excess & Surplus Lines Wholesaler.
-Maintained a renewal book of $45,000,000 with a retention of 80% with $4,000,000 new business.
- Coverages consisted of Mono-line property, General Liability including Products, Professional, Umbrella and Excess umbrella. - Worked with Admitted and Non-admitted paper
TRANSPORTATION COVERAGE SPECIALIST INC. – New York, NY 2003 - 2004
- Underwrote for a Managing General Agent for Lincoln General Insurance Company.
- Responsible for $30,000,000 renewal book with 85% retention and new business of $3.000.000.
- Underwrote trucking firms with fleets in excess of 25 units.
CHUBB CUSTOM MARKET – New York, NY 2000 -2003
Casualty Underwriting Officer
- Handled a renewal book of $10,000,000 with 90% retention and new business book of $5,000,000.
- Coverages consisted of General Liability, including Products on both Occurrence and Claims-Made forms.
- Excess and Surplus lines and standard classes of business. Large Accounts, Cash Flows, Deductibles and SIR’s. EE
EDUCATION: Bachelor of Science in Biology, Montclair State College
ADDITIONAL SKILLS: Imageright, AMS360 software. Also versed in Diamond account system Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
LICENSES: New Jersey Producers License for Casualty, Property and Surplus Lines