Date of birth: 04 FEB 1992
E-mail : email@example.com
Objective Seeking a Challenging position to utilize my skills and abilities in the Industry that offers professional growth while being resourceful, innovative and flexible. Strength
• 6 years of experience in Design & Manufacturing related activities especially Sheetmetal.
• Strong knowledge towards Product design and design software’s.
• Involved more than 300 New Product Development (NPD) activities.
• Better knowledge towards Sheet Metal Design and Manufacturing.
• Well trained for making CNC Layout designing to CNC Programming.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Worked closely with production people involving fabrication, machining and assembly.
• Reverse Engineering, Optimize design, Styling Feedback preparation, and Quality.
• Knowledge in Engineering Change Management, ECO, PLM, Project Planning/Execution.
• Planning Drawing, Benchmarking, VA/VE, Design review Preparation, BOM creation.
• Dedicated team player to complete the assigned target on-time and RFQ Preparation.
• Managing People to work effectively on completing the task within the deadlines.
• Good knowledge in GD&T and detailing, Design 3D annotations Finding Root cause and solution.
• Effective Toastmaster, good relationship with vendor, Cost reduction ideas, Budget Planning.
• Knowledge in International design standards like ISO, ANSI, ASME. Mechanical Software/Tool Proficiency
• Autodesk INVENTOR 2016
• CREO Parametric 4.0
• UG NX
• Catia V5
• Auto CAD 2016
• Autodesk Vault Professional 2016
• Solid works, Agile PDM
2018 to 2019
2010 to 2014
M.B.A Operational Management (Distance) - 72%
Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering (First Class) - 73% Kamaraj College of Engineering and Technology, Anna University – Virudhunagar 2008 to 2010 Higher Secondary Education - 75 %
Anitha Kumaran Matric Hr. Sec. School.
2008 Secondary Education - 83 %
Anitha Kumaran Matric Hr. Sec. School.
1) Lead Mechanical Engineer at HCL Technologies(VESTAS) (July 2019 to till date)
• HCL help Industrial Manufacturing companies where we support Vestas, which is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions.
Project: Electrical Maintenance
Product: Electromechanical Components
Duration: 1 year
Team Size: 3
Supporting this project from HCL to Vestas, Regarding Electromechanical Maintenance in wind turbine. 2) DESIGN ENGINEER at Burndy Technology (Hubbell Group) (December 2017 to June 2019)
• Hubbell group is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for non-residential and residential construction, industrial and utility applications. Hubbell owned Burndy LLC headquartered in Manchester, is a manufacturer of connectors, fittings and tools for electrical utilities, commercial and industrial companies.
Project: Focus Project (24 hours output response time) Product: Mechanical and Grounding connectors.
Team Size: 4
Have actively handled this project, which involves creation of design concepts as per customer’s requirement such as function, durability, cost, safety, environmental factors with 24 hours response time Project: VA/VE for Burndy
Product: Set Screw of various types
Duration: 6 months.
Team Size: 6 members
This project involved in value analysis and value engineering for design and development for a set screw of various types. The customer required the product Manufacturing cost to be reduced, which was quite challenging task. Classification: Restricted
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Team Co-ordinating
• Creating 3D models and 2D drafting using CAD software.
• Sheet metal enclosure Design.
• Design automation by Creation of I-Parts and I-assembly using Autodesk inventor.
• Taken active part in brainstorming for conceptual designs.
• Study of manufacturing feasibilities.
• Connectors Project in Creo Parametric 4.0.
• Reverse Engineering of parts per customer request.
• Maintaining the ISO documentation process.
• Working with Product Data Management software like Autodesk Vault, windchill and Agile.
• Project planning and on time achievement of the target.
• Conduct teleconference (Web-ex) or skype meetings regularly to update the customer about project status. 3) DESIGN ENGINEER at Precicut Technology (May-2014 TO Sep-2017)
• Precicut Technology specializes in designing and manufacturing custom Sheet Metal Enclosure such as Switch gear Enclosures, Machineries Enclosures, Roofs for buildings(architecture), Information Kiosks, ATM Machines, Telecom racks, Modem Boxes, Photo Booth, Pass Box, Clean room door, Generator Enclosure, Insect catcher, DB Boxes, Panel Box, Medical Enclosures, Cable Tray, Shoe racks, Water Bottling Machineries Enclosure, JB, Lift Enclosures using material like MS, SS, Brass, Copper, Aluminum, Gold, with the help of CNC Turret and Press Brake Machineries.
Project: Tyre Manufacturing Machine Enclosure(L&T) Product: Sheet metal Components and Enclosure of the machine Duration:3 Months
Team Size: 3
Have undergone feasibility study, reverse engineering as well as new Enclosure implementation for safety precautions. Created Manufacturing drawings for Enclosures, Cable tray, Control Boxes which includes CNC Drawings and assembly drawings for shop floor.
Project: CNC Machine Enclosure (TVS)
Product: Creating enclosure for CNC Lathe machine
Team Size: 5
This Project involves in creating an enclosure to protect the components of the machine as well as to be aesthetic. Project: Control Boxes (TOSHIBHA)
Product: Creating Control Unit for apartments and industries as per the GA Drawing. Classification: Restricted
• Awarded as Best speaker, Best TT Speaker, Best Evaluator many times by Toastmasters International.
• Got promotion and above target at very short span of time on performance basis in both the companies.
• Excellent problem solving and time management skills
• Self-driven and highly organized
• Able to work as a part of a team.
Team Size: 4
This Project involves in creating GA drawing as well as CNC Punching drawing and to follow till it gets completed in its process as a end Product.
Project: Billing Kiosk (TAFE)
Product: This product is developed for the employees, working in shop floor to check their salary, leave and attendance credentials.
Team Size: 3
Customer input will be in images or self-imagination, should read that and giving them an attractive eye catching end product will be a difficult task in this type of project. Project: Water Filling Machines,30,40,60BPM (Amm Aqua Pure Systems) Product: This Machine helps in filling purified water in empty bottles. Duration:1 Months
Team Size: 1
This Project involves in feasibility study, Material selection, creating an enclosure to the Bottle filling Machines. Responsibilities:
• CNC based CAD drawings creation, Sheet Blanking, Weight formation, 3D model generation using UG NX NX &Creo.
• Check final quality of the product and produce them to customer.
• Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation, and to make recommendations to maintenance crew.
• Provide feedback to design engineers on customer problems or needs.
• Perform personnel functions such as supervision of production workers, technicians, technologists and other engineers, or design of evaluation programs.
• Guiding Fabricators to fabricate the products effectively in shop floor. Classification: Restricted
Permanent Address : 9-163 Melai Veedu, Amsi, Thengapattanam P.O, Kanyakumari Dist-679322 .Tamilnadu.
Nationality : Indian.
Gender : Male
Linguistic Proficiency : English, Malayalam, Hindi, Tamil. Passport Details : M1310351. Validity- 17/08/2024
Hobbies : Playing, Riding, Travelling .
I do here by declare that the particulars of information and facts stated herein above are true and complete to best of my knowledge.
Date : [Prasanth SP]