Profile People, Product and Process.
People Leader and Engineering Process expertise. Strategic Thinker and Doer with a solid history of engineering product development and delivery. Sound engineering knowledge and experience from consumer goods to industrial products. APQP, Systems Engineering, Six Sigma MBB, Lean, 3P/2P, Mechanical Engineering, Numerical Methods, and quality systems.
Rosta USA, Benton Harbor, MI. 4/15 - Present
VP Engineering and Operations, USA
● Built relationships with new customers in new markets for Rosta USA and globally
● Established a new Go-To-Market strategy for the US division
● Owned new product development for US custom applications
● Operations lead for 20-30% YoY growth for 3 years running
● Operations and Warehouse Excellence with a conversion from a traditional warehouse to a Lean warehouse Whirlpool Corporation, Saint Joseph, MI. 6/06 – 3/15 Principle Engineer, Project Tech Lead – JennAir Brand, 4/14 – 3/15
● Aggressive development leader for a ~$12M super premium consumer refrigerator. Multi-discipline team that created a new for Whirlpool modular, super premium, high performance appliance
● Spearheaded team that developed a $50M revenue potential with remote diagnostics technologies Sr. Manager, Advanced Development, Refrigeration, 6/12 – 4/14
● Owned a $6M annual investment in the Ice and Water, Connect and Engage and Foundational Excellence Domains
Sr. Manager, Site Leader, Cooking Products, Cleveland TN., 1/11 – 6/12
● Consolidated Cleveland TN engineering tech center to the St. Joseph tech center as part of a larger engineering leadership strategy
● Leadership and Managerial responsibility for a 90 person staff
● Collaborative development of new engineering tech center design in Cleveland TN Sr. Manager, KitchenAid Portables, 6/06 – 1/11
● KitchenAid’s crown jewel - I lead the team that designed and developed a new 7 Quart Stand Mixer. A KitchenAid Icon, using Systems Engineering, Simulation Based Design and advanced reliability methods
● Implementation of Systems Engineering, Reliability, and Numerical Methods within the Portables Team
● Organized the development of multiple smaller blender and attachment projects Maytag Laundry Products, Newton, IA. 12/01 – 6/06
Certified Master BlackBelt – 11/04
MBB and Manager, Systems Engineering, Laundry Products
● Massive reduction in New Product cycle time from 36 to 22 months by implementing Systems Engineering
● Directly responsible for over $110 million in savings in 2.5 years.
● Certified 80 GreenBelts and BlackBelts in 2.5 years out of a 180 person staff.
● Trained and mentored teams that obtained Consumer Union #1 rating on Neptune TL washer Electronic Fabrication Technology Center, Phoenix, AZ. 10/00 – 10/01 Sony of America, Technology Center, Pittsburgh, PA. 9/99 – 10/00 GE Transportation Systems, Erie, PA. 2/96 - 9/99
Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH.
Masters of Engineering, Mechanical Engineering. Graduated 8/00, GPA 3.25/4.0 Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Worcester, MA.
BS, Mechanical Engineering. Graduated 12/95, GPA 3.1/4.0 Robotics Mentor - “Build” - Upton Middle School FTC teams: 8513, 13702. 11855 Cycle Re Cycle - IT Support
Patents 6,749,043 - Locomotive Brake Resistor Cooling Apparatus WO2017003532A1 – Split Hybrid Insulation System