• Years of experience as a Petroleum & Chemical Engineering Technologist
• Experience in a water laboratory and advanced experience with advanced analytical instrumentation and plant process analysis
• Able to draw from experience & knowledge & apply concepts to current situations in multiple industries
• Dependable, adaptable, self-directed, motivated & detail-oriented team-player with a positive attitude & excellent work ethics
• Strong relationship-building, communication, organizational, strategic planning, multi-tasking, prioritizing, analytical, research & problem-solving skills
• Exhibit foresight when observing the overall picture to plan, organize & complete projects & resolve issues before they become a concern
• Effectively manage numerous projects simultaneously with shifting priorities in fast-paced & changing environments
• Quick learner & willing to travel & participate in training programs
• A valid Class 5 Driver’s License
2016 – Current Gay Lea-Alberta Cheese Company
Lab Technician, Quality Control
• Accountable for testing milk for acidity and antibiotics. Daily testing and control production samples for microbiological and chemical characteristics.
•Responsible for ordering chemical supplies for plant and laboratories.
•Implement new SQF program in the plant and warehouse as a certified SQF practitioner.
•Maintain accurate records on all testing and generate certificates of analysis for all products and product specifications.
• Arrange all testing and collect samples for monthly checking in accredited outside labs.
•Doing testing for shelf life
•Preparing all documentation and help with regular government inspections.
•Member of HACCP team and Recall team.
2007 - 2015 CORE LAB
Team Lead-Lab Analyst 2007 - 2015
• Accountable for accurate receiving, testing, quality control, analysis & document management of routine rock samples from 2 labs of an oil & gas service company
• Prioritize testing of water and oil samples & assign projects to technicians
•Analyze water and waste water samples (PH, alkalinity and solids...)
•Follow laboratory quality practices and maintain accurate records
•Perform other laboratory support duties, such as; solution preparation, cleaning glassware, ordering chemical supplies, and preparing sample bottles.
•Operate ultra-centrifuge extractor and conduct lab analysis to determine porosity, permeability, water saturation, gamma, profile permeability data, gas shale (GRI)
• Responsible for training lab technicians, conducting staff performance reviews, resolving issues & responding to queries from clients, technicians, engineers & department managers
• Manage master files, binding, filing, shipping, graphing & reporting of the labs, using MS Excel, MS Word, Total Commander & RIS programs
• Prepare well data & core sample reports for submission to ERCB
• Calibrate & check equipment to ensure quality control of data & test results
• Geoscience project - Particle Size Analysis
1985 - 1993 SANAKERAM Sanski Most, Yugoslavia
Intermediate Chemical Engineering Technologist
• Responsible for quality control, production control & new product development of feed materials
• Assisted with research & development of new ceramic tile products using recycled materials from mining industry
• Provided engineering support expansion project to resolve pollution & emissions problems with new material handling equipment by developing a 3-stage filtration system before releasing emissions
• Performed heat & material balance calculations
• Participated in HAZOP reviews with engineers & management teams
• Developed & implemented production processes
• Assisted with development & implementation of quality control standards & procedures
• Responsible for training, mentoring, supervision & performance review of lab technicians
2003 - 2004 SOUTHERN ALBERTA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY Calgary, Alberta
• Bachelor of Applied Petroleum Engineering Technology degree
Process Engineering Drilling
Petroleum Economics Reservoir Simulation
* Advanced Reservoir Engineering Heavy Oil Recovery
Advanced Production Engineering Petroleum Geology
Production Operations Oil Sands Mining & Processing
Safety in the Petroleum Industry Environmental Considerations
1982 - 1985 UNIVERSITY OF ZAGREB Zagreb, Croatia
Faculty of Chemical Engineering & Technology
• Chemical Engineering Technology diploma
Major: Chemical Process Engineering
• MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Sapphires 3.10
• CMG 2002.10
• Available on request