Shi Yuan “Missy” Chu
281-***-**** email@example.com Houston, TX 77056
Operating System: Windows PCs/Severs, Linux, IOS, Cisco IOS Web Development: HTML5, CMS, CMD, HTTPS, CSS
Technical skills: Apache2, DNS, DHCP, FTP, SSH, SSL, VMs, TCP/IP, WAN, LAN, hardware, storage Database Environment: MySQL, MSSQL
Tools: Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Office 365, Bootstrap, Visual Studio, VB.net, Dreamweaver, GitHub, VirtualBox, VMware, Citrix, Windows PowerShell, CMD, Terminal, MySQL Workbench, AD... etc. Other Skills: strong computer hardware and software knowledge, strong customer service skills, troubleshooting and resolving skills, network configuration skills, ability to critical thinking, strong communication skill with outside fields, system migration, parts replacement.
Language: English, Chinese Mandarin
Master of Computer Information Systems Expected December 2020 University of Houston-Clear Lake; Houston, TX
• Specialization in Cyber Security
Bachelor of Information Management June 2014
Chihlee Institute of Technology; New Taipei City, Taiwan Certificates
• Microsoft Certified Professional - 2012
• Microsoft Technology Associate - 2012
Tek-Aire website 2018
Research Assistant January 2020 – Present
University of Houston-Clear Lake
• Participated in web security labs regarding security prevention and attacks implementation on Linux VMs.
• Learned about cyber security related research topics for cyber security education.
• Conducted training manuals to educate students on implementing labs.
• Provided the publication for the web security education journal. Website Manager November 2013 – June 2014
1Match; Taipei, Taiwan
• Preformed the website management, troubleshooting, development, and maintenance
• Preformed graphs modification, design, and creation
• Provided information management, system, and software installation
• Provided workstations’ hardware and software troubleshooting and maintenance.
• Provided technical assistance to employees when needed. Customer Engineer November 2012 – October 2013
Infinity Info Tec Co. Ltd.; New Taipei City, Taiwan
• Provided enterprise customers virtual machines troubleshooting configuration, technical support, and assistant.
• Windows servers and PCs’ OS installation, maintenance, configuration, and, troubleshooting for Citrix related workstation.
• Preformed Citrix virtual machine and workstations management and on-site technical support.
• Conducted troubleshooting and connectivity configuration for routers, switches, and modems.
• Worked on internal website development, management, and technical support.
• Diagnosed and resolve hardware and software problems for workstations. IT Technician January 2012 – October 2012
Enterprise Consulting Company; Taipei, Taiwan
• Performed OS, software, hardware, and printer maintenance and troubleshooting.
• Provided complex document and graph modification and duplication.
• Provided on-site technical support by performing installation, repair, and preventative maintenance of workstations and related software/hardware
• Provided network troubleshooting, connectivity, and LAN installation. Additional Experience
Algebra 1 and 2 Tutor September 2019 - Present
• Private personal tutor for high school and college algebra 1 and 2. Accountant
Hai Zhong Co. Ltd; Taipei, Taiwan April 2007 – November 2008
• Provided professional accounting services for the businesses from tax preparation to audit support, financial statement preparation, pro forma budgeting, accounting and bank reconciliation. Accountant
Dasen International interrail design Co. Ltd. May 2006 – March 2007
• Provided accounting services for the businesses from tax preparation, financial statement preparation, pro forma budgeting, accounting and bank reconciliation.
• Provided agreement and all kinds of document writing and modification.
• Assisted the first point of calls for enquiries and assistance.
• Dealt effectively with day-to-day administration, including sourcing, bookkeeping, and order fulfillment. Professional Development
IEEE Student Branch, UHCL
Taiwanese Student Association, UHCL