917-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.linkedin.com/in/da-zhong/ https://github.com/dazhong0516/Da-Zhong EDUCATION
New York University, Tandon school of Engineering Brooklyn, NY Master of Science in Electrical Engineering, GPA: 3.71/4.0 09/2016 - 06/2018 University of Science and Technology of China, School of Information Science and Technology Anhui, Hefei Bachelor of Engineering in Automation 09/2012 - 07/2016 PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Abphina LLC 06/2019 – 12/2019
• Processed, cleaned, and verified the integrity of data used for malaria case analysis. (Excel/Python)
• Built models with multiple methods (Linear Regression/SVM/Decision Tree/Random Forest) to analyze the effect of climate features on malaria and achieve over 85% precision and recall rate on outbreak prediction.
• Reported directly to the team leader and communicate with other research teams with presentation and research paper. Broad USA INC 11/2018 – 02/2019
Energy Efficiency Engineer (Machine Learning)
• Developed an application on multiple operation system (Mac OS/Windows/Linux) with ML algorithm to help customers choose proper products, reduce the time cost of sales by 20%.
• Built automated data pipeline (SQL, Spark, Restful API) for multiple departments. Analyzed sales operation and components data and built UI dashboard with Tableau & python to visualize & deliver data insight.
• Built a dynamic machine learning method that helps analyze the energy usage record and enhance the energy efficiency of building by 5%. The final cost saving achieved 30,000$ per year.
• Published a data supported article on a magazine in absorption chiller industry. Elbum LLC, New York, NY 08/2018 – 11/2018
Machine Learning Engineer
• Designed model to perform wandering detection for security business (ATM).
• Utilized deep learning model to recognize and track wandering people from real-time camera signal (Python, Tensorflow/OpenCV, GPU)
• Added data pipeline to preproduce the real-time video signal by fps reduction and color equalization. (Hadoop, AWS, SQL)
• Merged the model to a smart building system and passed the pressure test PROJECTS
Self-driving Assistance System for Autonomous Car 01/ 2018 –05/2018
• Designed a program in Python by combining built-in functions with OpenCV(cv2), RCNN and Mask-RCNN.
• Detected lanes, cars, signs and surroundings from video signal for self-driving vehicles.
• Further gave command basing on orientation and distance offset generated from highly accurate detection. L-BFGS Based Adversarial Input Attacks Against DNN (Python, GPU) 01/2017 – 05/2017
• Designed a model to generate adversarial image to attack(mislead) a pre-trained DNN network.
• The success rate is over 85% for all target numbers and 95% for specific target numbers.
• Achieved the potential to improve the accuracy and robustness (e.g. prevent from misleading images attack) of DNN. MNIST Handwriting Image Recognition(R) 01/ 2017 – 05/2017
• Designed a project to recognize handwriting numbers with diverse methods in R.
• Wrote custom SVM, K-Means, CNN functions and made comparisons (e.g. accuracy, efficiency, recall rate, etc.).
• Achieved 92% accuracy rate and further enhanced the processing time by 30%. OTHER PROJECTS
• Controlling Algorithm Design for Automatic Vehicle (ROS, Python) 10/2017 – 05/2018
• Robotic Design and Simulation-Mobile Robot with Arm and Sensor (Matlab, Vrep) 01/2017 – 05/2017 SKILLS AND INTERESTS
Proficient: Python, Java, R, SQL, Tableau, Spark, Linux, MATLAB, C, C++, Latex, OpenCV, Tensorflow, Tkinter, ROS, CNN Familiar: Hive, Hadoop, AWS, GCP, Mask-RCNN, RCNN, GPU Award and Achievement
Robot Designing and Building Content in USTC: Second Class Award 10/2014 Mathematical Content in Modeling (2015) Honorable Mention Praise 02/2015 Mathematical Content in Modeling (2014) Honorable Mention Praise 02/2014