VIRGINIA POLYTECHNIC INSTITUTE AND STATE UNIVERSITY, 2017 – 2019
Master of Science in Information Technology
COLORADO STATE UNIVERSITY, 2015 - 2016
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, cum laude KANSAS STATE UNIVERSITY, 1997 – 2002
A.Q. Miller School of Journalism and Mass Communications Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communications
Minor in Political Science
CERNER CORPORATION, Technical Writer/Systems Analyst January 2019 – Present, Kansas City, MO
• Develops and refines requirements for the Department of Veterans Affairs EHRM program as part of the Cerner Business Development team.
• Created Document Management and Retention Plan for the Cerner Compliance team.
• Responded to over ten Request For Information/Request For Proposal (RFIs/RFPs).
• Created file storage framework for the Cerner sales team.
• Created sales tracking dashboards using Microsoft Power BI.
• Developed Program Management Plans for Cerner Sales and Capture teams. UNITED STATES NAVY, Sensor Engineer/Systems Analyst March 2017 – January 2019, Point Mugu, CA
• Developed Mission Data Sets for US Navy radar warning receivers; achieved one of the highest testing pass results in for the APR-39 program at over 80%.
• Completed end-to-end development for data sets, from programming to test, and completed seven data sets.
• Provided DBA expertise in configuring MySQL database for program development.
• Created a variety of engineering documentation (development and testing) to support software development. UNITED STATES ARMY, National Guard, Corps of Engineers, 216th Mobility Augmentation Company, Commander
2008 – October 2019, Pomona, CA
• Led an Army Engineer Company that was rated in the top 10% of the units in the state of California (out of over 120 units); improved the unit standing 35% since taking command.
• Unit successfully participated in CALFIRE-directed wildfire fighting missions in 2017 and 2018.
• Responsible for training and leading soldiers of the 216th MAC in all aspects of military engineering.
JACOBS ENGINEERING, Information Systems Security Engineer March 2016 – March 2017, Point Mugu, CA
• Created three accreditation packages using Risk Management Framework (RMF) process.
• Architected laboratory network topology based on zero client concept, Western Digital NAS, and Cisco Routers and Switches
DIRECTV/AT&T Network Infrastructure, Technical Writer/Project Manager February 2015 – February 2016, El Segundo, CA
• Generated specialized documentation in a cross-functional capacity across several business operating units.
• Managed Information Technology projects, focusing on network architecture, network builds, and network design, specifically Software Defined Networking using multicast; additionally, focused on the buildout of the network infrastructure.
• Led offshore team in India, to include document creation and review.
• Built business cases using qualitative and quantitative techniques for 2016 capital expense projects, with budgets in excess of $3m.
• Reviewed project processes in order to improve the efficiency of Software Defined Networking team operations and engineering processes.
Andrew V. Wyler
62598 E 269th Place
Grove, OK 74344
RAYTHEON CORPORATION, Information Systems Security Officer, Information Assurance March 2014 – December 2014, El Segundo, CA
• Researched, developed, implemented, tested, and reviewed information systems security architecture.
• Oversaw information assurance operations for five programs valued in excess of ten million dollars.
• Defined, created, and maintained the documentation for certification and accreditation of each respective information system in accordance with government requirements. Used Windows Active Directory and Red Hat Linux to conduct security audits of systems.
• Informed and educated over 200 users regarding information systems security measures, potential threats, software and hardware installation, and implementing security measures. NORTHROP GRUMMAN, Technical Writer/Editor
January 2013 – March 2014, New York, NY
• Wrote and edited engineering and business documentation for the Emergency Communications Transformation Program Stage II (ECTP2) for the Mayor’s Office of New York City. UNITED STATES ARMY, Task Force Engineer/Lead Contracting Representative/Lead Logistics Officer August 2011 – October 2012, Kabul, Afghanistan/Columbus, OH
• Oversaw contracting operations at a US Army Forward Operating Base in Afghanistan; managed new and existing service agreements.
• Worked with foreign and domestic companies regarding procurement and contracting logistics.
• Implemented contracting procedures, from determining requirements, statements of work and requests for proposals to receiving deliverables.
• Designed structures for civil and military use. Designed Entry Control Point at Camp Julien, Kabul, Afghanistan.
• Project manager for $2.5 mil Afghan Public Protection Force training center improvements in southeast Kabul. Advisor to Afghan national leadership regarding military engineering, contracting, and logistics. NORTHROP GRUMMAN, Technical Writer
January 2011 – July 2011, Cincinnati, OH
• Wrote and edited engineering documentation to include proposals, system requirements, user manuals, mission statements, test reports and system overviews.
NORTHROP GRUMMAN, Context Sensitive Help/Technical Writing Lead, Systems Engineering 2008 – 2010, Carson, CA
• Determined system requirements (through functional testing) and wrote corresponding documentation (user guides and training materials) for Force Battle Command Brigade and Below (FBCB2).
• Researched and reviewed networking and software technology.
• Coordinated team workload and scheduling.
• Created software tools to create documentation.
• Extensive knowledge of technical writing software to include Adobe Robohelp and Framemaker. NORTHROP GRUMMAN, Extended Air Defense Simulation (EADSIM) Team Lead, Tactical Simulation
(TACSIM) Technician/Systems Administrator
2007 – 2008, Fort Leavenworth, KS
• Led team of four personnel in regard to the creation and implementation of intelligence training and simulation
(through EADSim and TACSIM) for active and reserve U.S. Army units.
• Used a variety of operating systems, including Red Hat Linux, to administer these programs.
• Maintained, and operated computer networks, hardware, software and peripherals. UNITED STATES NAVY, Electronics Warfare Technician/Cryptologist 2002 - 2006, San Diego, CA and Denver, CO
• Performed the operation of electronic warfare-specific computer software/hardware for tactical and strategic analysis over several theaters of operation.
• Tools used included GALE Lite application and SLQ-32 electronic warfare suite.
• Supervised ten personnel in collection management and directed tasking.
• Responsible for training, qualification, and validation of team.
• Deployed to Middle Eastern, African and Southeast Asian theaters in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom. Attended several Naval service schools and received scores cumulatively above 90 percent.
Tools and Processes
MS Office: Word, Access, Excel; SQL Server Management Studio; Microsoft Active Directory; Adobe Robohelp; Hadoop; Amazon Web Services; Waterfall software development; VMware, DIACAP and RMF, Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, Microsoft Project Activities
Kansas State University/KSDB-FM 91.9 Executive Board of Directors, 2001 Kansas State University Student Government, Student Senator, 2001 Ambassador Volunteer, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, 2014-2019 Awards
Admiral Derwood Curtis, Cruiser/Destroyer Group Five: Letter of Commendation for assisting in life-saving operations in San Diego Bay. National Security Agency: Joint Service Achievement Medal for exemplary performance in job functions at Aerospace Data Facility, Buckley AFB.
Northrop Grumman: Award for exemplary achievement as lead EADSim System Administrator. Northrop Grumman: Timely Award Program Award. (3rd Award) United States Army Officer Candidate School, Fort Benning, GA: Distinguished Military Graduate. Certifications
CompTIA Security+, December 2017 – December 2023