Bogdan Adascalului Doha, Qatar
Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/bogdan adascalului 49aa9216 Dynamic and results driven Civil Project Manager (PMP® certified), with 15 years of rich, insightful and diverse experience in leading cross functional project teams executing EPC Contracts in Power Industry. Demonstrated expertise in organizing & devising strategies to execute and deliver high end Civil / MEP and Fire Fighting EPC projects for large establishments.
Well versed in all knowledge areas of project management including tendering, planning, HSE management, scheduling, contracting, cost estimation, scope, claims, variation orders, procurement, execution, applying decision making and problem solving.
Areas of expertise
Project Management Risk Management Construction Management Contract Negotiations Subcontractors Qualification Change Orders Management HSE Leadership Cross disciplinary projects Team Leadership Professional Experience
12 years +
Civil Manager / Lead Category Manager
Aug 2017 – Apr 2018 / Present – 2 yrs 7 mon ABB, Doha, Qatar Role:
• Actively influence the Clients in the Claim process towards positive outcome.
• Execution of turn key Civil / MEP / Fire Fighting project activities with overall responsibilities of coordination with Client, authorities, sub contractors and all relevant stakeholders.
• Develop subcontracts T&Cs aligned to the business needs taking due cognizance of prime contract flow downs, Company’s requirements, HSE and quality requirements, risk transfer, claims and variations management.
• Development & management of subcontractors pool based on Integrative negotiation.
• Lead the proper qualification of subcontractors in accordance with the Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) and Supply Chain Management (SCM) requirements as well as any global/regional or local requirements. Key achievements:
• Development of Prolongation Cost Claim for 165mil USD + project. Structured the cost categories, supported the progressive development of a highly customized strategy, lead the team to meet the deadlines.
• Active role in defining and pursuing the Acceleration Cost claim towards successful completion.
• Development of Subcontracts templates with interconnected default clauses for Company’s protection.
• Successfully leading the local implementation of PM LOM (L6S type improvement initiative for Project Management gaps identification and correction).
• 100% completion of subcontractors qualification; Successful implementation of 80 20% policy for Subcontracts
• Cost improvement both for the tender base cost (4.7%) and execution cost (12.3%)
• Development & Implementation of synchronized Single Folder Structure for Project Management
• Leading the Lesson Learnt process (develop procedure, templates, data collection, analysis, feedback implementation)
• Doha Metro – MHI Shunt Reactors for 5 Bulk Power Substations
• LOM Gap Analysis on Project Management Prolongation Cost Claim for Rayyan Village Project
Civil Project Manager / Civil & Installation Manager Aug 2010 – May 2012 / Jul 2017 – 6 yrs 11 mon ABB, Doha, Qatar Role:
• Lead the construction team and project management functions and efficiently managing all the activities associated with the Civil / MEP / Fire Fighting Installation Contracts. Bogdan Adascalului Doha, Qatar
Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/bogdan adascalului 49aa9216 2
• Managed the structure of the department against the work load, forecast in such a way to maintain the information and the key players in line with the Division’s needs.
• Actively engaged in defining the Scope, developing the WBS, Schedule and Budget, Risk & Contingencies Plans etc. Drive customer satisfaction and process productivity during the construction & installation phases.
• Handle the Tendering process and Contracts Negotiations for Civil / MEP / Fire Fighting / Installation Scope. Key achievements:
• Part of innovation team in charge for new concepts implemented to improve company’s competitiveness in technical and financial aspects. (part of Project Management improvement cell)
• Managed to achieve significant savings in the VOs negotiated with subcontractors, using 4Q analysis managed to use a bottom up approach. Savings approx. 35 % of the claimed value.
• Part of the core team in charge for engineering, construction & commissioning of the first fully underground substation in Qatar, part of prestigious project Hearth of Doha by Msheireb Properties. (Link here).
• Driving the project completion report / lessons learned with feedback to the organization and team. Key projects:
• Part Qatar+ Company Strategic Development Initiative (Part of Project Management Cell)
• RAF A2 Desalination Plant – 132 kV Power Supply System
• GTC/318B/2009 – Establishment of Rayyan Village Project; 400/220/66/11kV S/S (Handled Scope. +60 mil USD)
• Aluminum smelter QATALUM 11kV System Modification, (Handled Scope +3.0 mil USD)
• GASAL 132kV Containerized Station, (Handled Scope + 1.5 mil USD)
Civil Site Manager
Oct 2007 – Jul 2010 ABB, Doha, Qatar
Role: Site Management for Civil / MEP / Fire Fighting Scope of Work Prior experience
Civil Civil Project Project Engineer Engineer Feb Sep 2006 2004 – – Sep Sep 2007 2005 1 1 yrs year 7 mon Isolux Consint Corsan, SA, Romania Doha, Qatar Education
Bachelor of Civil Engineering “Gh. Asachi” Technical University of Iasi, Romania: 1999 2004
Project Management Professional (PMP) Project Management Institute 2013 – (license 1652929) Professional Training
Leader Manager Development Program
ABB Project Management certification
Risk Management Review
IOSH Managing Safely
Negotiations Skills Training
Lean 6 Sigma – Yellow Belt
4Q – Quality Improvement
Design to Value
Green Building Basics
Change & Claim Management
Creative bent of mind, keen analytical skills and out of the box thinking with history of engineering solutions resulted in cost savings for the company. Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
• Constructive communication in international diverse environments
• Leading and motivating multicultural and multidisciplinary teams to deliver expectations
• Team development through coaching and mentoring
• English – Proficient; Romanian – Native
• Date of birth – 1 May 1980; Nationality – Romanian; Married with one child
• References available on request