ASHISH KUMAR AGARWAL
Lead Digital Transformation for an AEC organization, dedicate myself with 17 years of international BIM experience, to help the organization grow with promising returns out from innovative digital technology.
19/970 Krishna Complex, Udaipur India +91-734******* firstname.lastname@example.org PERSONAL DETAILS
Total Work Experience - 17+ Years
Current Location Dubai, UAE
Languages Known Chinese, English, Hindi, Arabic
Date of Birth May. 10. 1980
Marital Status Married
Bachelor of architecture (Five Years Full time)
University – NIT Trichy Course duration- July 2000 to May 2005 Diploma - Computer applications in Design
Institution – Arena Multimedia May 1998 to April 2000 PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION
RIB certified BIM 5D implementation expert
IIA & COA certified licensed architect
Autodesk Certified Revit professional ( 2019 Architecture and MEP) Bentley Certified BIM 4D Specialist
PMI Certified project management professional
RICS Certified BIM Manager
Revit Architecture 2019
Revit MEP 2019
Revit Structure 2019
Navisworks Manage 2019
BIM 360 ( All Modules)
Recap – Laser scanning,
3D Studio max 2019
Civil 3D 2019
RIB iTWO V3.4
(all modules – Design integration, Quantity take off, Estimation, Sub contracting, Planning and Scheduling, Enterprise controlling, Project Management, invoicing)
Trimble Connect (CDM)
Microsoft office XP
Adobe After effects
Visualization with GIS
Proficiency index Expert Proficient Beginner
Software & IT Skills
• Arch, MEP, Struc
Modelling from LOD
300 up to LOD 500
• Model based quantity
extraction with various
SMM and standards
• Clash detection & Clash
• Identify & Resolve
• BIM generated Shop
• BIM driven
• Laser accurate BIM
driven field layout
• Animations, renderings,
• Inter discipline
collaboration with BIM
• AR /VR visualization
with HTC Vive
• Laser scanning, Point
cloud data to BIM
• Project Phasing
• Time dependent
• Model based schedule
• Model based Planned
Vs actual time
• Time based resource
• Model based what if
analysis with time
• Time based simulation
• Model based
• Times based clash
• Model based accurate
Quantity extraction to
support detailed cost
• Establishment of electronic
cost data for Automated
estimation with BIM
• Cost allocation over
• BIM driven and model
based Monthly Budget
forecast for whole
• Model based cost
and Automated report
generation for comparison
Planned Vs Actual cost
Planned Vs actual Quantity
Work scheduled Vs work
Cost to complete & Cost at
Model and activity based
Cost and time performance
• Model based evaluation of
installed quantity on site.
• Life cycle BIM
• BIM As-Built
• BIM Embedded
• BIM maintenance
• COBie data
• COBie data sheet
• Generation of
• Conceptual energy
analysis via Dprofiler
• Detailed energy
Analysis via EcoTech
• Sustainable element
• A blend of technical and leadership skills with a strong business and market analytics.
• Specialized into Digital transformation for AEC industry, and further lead it to Automation.
• Specialist into defining customized BIM process for business need, and integration of multiple process on one single platform.
• Specialized into BIM driven clash identification and clash resolve process. 3/4
1) HSA-SH ARCHITECTURE PVT.LTD, Location - Shanghai, China Work Duration - (internship) Six month ( December 2003 to May 2004) Post - Design Intern
Company & Job profile:- HSA-SH is a leading architectural and urban development organization of eastern Asia, involved in large scale urban development projects, this is the place where I got opportunity to complete my internship. I began to work as a designer with active participation into the development of large scale commercial and urban planning projects, In addition I provide my assistance for preparation of project presentation, I was also a technical consultant for software related issues. Reason for leaving - This was an internship programmed only for six months by university. 3) Autodesk Training and Implementation Center, Location - Singapore Work Duration:- 2 years (Jun 2007 to May 2009)
Post- BIM Manager
Company & Job Profile:- This is an Autodesk authorized training & technology implementation center which nearly governs the half of Singapore BIM market and support all technical requirements to its client. My major responsibilities includes as followings
• Conduct BIM trainings, Seminars and workshops for professionals .
• Work/Lead projects outsourced to us from renowned contracting firms, mostly related to Revit documentation, BIM modeling, BIM quantity extraction.
• Active participation to decide marketing strategy. Promote business through participation into tradeshows, exhibitions. Presenting Demonstrations to impress client with respective software to promote sales and business.
• BIM implementation to clients projects, by training their staff and working at client’s premises. Setting down the BIM standards, Built BIM team, Decide the BIM strategy and implementation plan for client. 2) Vivid Kreations, Location - Bangalore, India
Work Duration – 2.5 Years (Apr 2005 to Dec 2007)
Post - Senior Architect/ BIM Team Leader
Company & Job Profile:- Vivid Kreation is a multinational company providing design outsourcing and consultancy services to USA, Singapore and Maldives. I joined the company as Jr. Architect and got promoted to Sr. Architect. My duties includes as followings.
• Design incharge for three large scale projects, Periodic site inspections, Establish Coordination between client, MEP & structural engineers, contractors, and subcontractors.
• Responsible for the establishment of BIM standards and BIM teams for project documentation. Allocate BIM assignments to individual team member and coordinate a team of 14 members. Resolve all technical issues related to IT application. Sensitivity: Unclassified
4) RIB Software AG, Location - Hong Kong/Guangzhou, China. Work Duration:- 5 years (Jun 2009 to Jan 2014)
Post - Project Manager/Consulting Director (BIM Implementation) Company & Job Profile:- RIB is largest software company of Germany and owner of 5D BIM solution “RIB iTWO”. Company provides software, consultancy and BIM 5D implementation for contractors and Project owner over an End to End integrated platform. My duties are to look after the sole implementation of BIM 5D end to end process while deployed at client side. I work closely with all technical departments of the company and provide the direction and technical support during implementation. I lead a team of 10 BIM engineers and 5D consultants in the company and decide the strategy of 5D BIM implementation. My key location was based in Guangzhou but Travelled to several countries and successfully implemented BIM 5D. some of the reference customers I worked and supported closely are as follow.
Singapore – Tiong Seng Construction, Sembawang, Australia – Leighton holdings, Downer Group, Westfield Group,Russia – Renaissance construction, Glavstroy; Phillipence – Ayalya, Megabite; China – Soho; HongKong – Yau Lee, Paul Y,Malaysia – Sunway, UEM Builders; India – L&T, GMR, S&P; Meddile East –AL Jaber, Bin-Laden Group, Al Darwish, Al Mojil, Siemens etc., Germany – YIT, Strabag, Max boggle,
5) Al-Jaber Engineering and Construction. Location - Doha, Qatar Work Duration:- One-year contract (Jan 2014 to Dec 2014) Post - Digital transformation manager
• Company & Job Profile:- Al-Jaber is one of the top engineering and construction group of Qatar. The company’s own named BIMTEC that handles only BIM implementation for some Mega scaled Projects in Qatar. My location is based in Doha and I serve as BIM manager for the construction of these projects in Doha. I was contracted by the company for a short term duration for end to end BIM implementation. My responsibility are as follows
- Lead 3D BIM process, as per LOD 300 and LOD 500. Decide the LOD and BIM standards for implementation. Development of MEP model and coordination and clash resolve. Train, control and direct a team of 23 BIM (3D) users.
- Integration of design with 5D BIM process.
- Lead the implementation of full 5D End to End process, Prepare guidelines and give directions for a team of six 5D users and monitor the daily progress on site.
- I Lead the BIM implementation and dleivry for following four major projects 1) Qatar Rail - gold line metro project 2) Al Wakra (FIFA) Stadium 3) Collage of engineering (Qatar University) Reason for leaving - This was a one year contractual agreement to implement BIM 5D and establish BIM 3D standards for above proejcts.
6) DAR Al Handasah . Location – Dubai, UAE
Work Duration:- 3.5 years (JAN 2015 to JUL 2018)
Post - BIM Manager
• Company & Job Profile:- Design and engineering Consulting company DAR Ranks eight among top design and consulting firm around the world (as per ENR http://www.enr.com). I was assigned to work on AMI Airport Project as a BIM Manager. With a Projected cost of U$ 150 Billion, AMI will be world’s largest airport upon completion. The BIM development of the project was carried out at four different offices of DAR and I was responsible to lead BIM development at Dubai office with following responsibilities
• Sole responsibility of BIM development of projects, Manage and Lead a team of 40 individuals mostly Architects and engineers . Conduct weekly progress meeting with the client prepare content and presentation on progress. Resolve technical issues and coordinate team members, Conduct weekly clash coordination workshop, Define QA QC protocols at different levels. Define common data environment, MIDP ( Deliverables), Exchange protocol, IT Landscape. Propose workflow on new Digital technologies, Setup guidelines for AR/VR, 3d Lasers caning and point cloud integration 7) Larsen & Tubro (L&T). Location – UAE/India
Two years, (Currently Working)
Post - HEAD – BIM and Digital Technology.
• Company & Job Profile:- with annual revenue of US$ 20 Billion, L&T is the largest contractor of India and falls among top 30 of the world. I have been appointed to HEAD the department of BIM and digital Technology. I am solely responsible to bring the BIM movement in the company, Transform conventional system to BIM and digital platform. I took many initiatives and established BIM standards, Procedures and protocols for different business, Established a “BIM Academy” with international training standards and over 150 course modules, Established an “Applied BIM Lab” for users to come and experiment with project BIM data, Set BIM targets and implementation plan for over 30 different projects.
• More details upon interview….