With **+ years software development
on the IBM AS/400, iSeries, IBM i, I
bring to the table a unique set of skills
encompassing all versions of hardware
and o/s versions. From RPGII - IV, ILE,
and SQL, there is no legacy assignment
that I cannot handle. After 20 years,
my passion remains at the
development level. Modernizing legacy
code and providing technical
leadership is what I do. Management is
not an interest at the moment.Gone
are the days of monolithic
programming and RLA. Record set
processing al ong with ILE procedural
service programs are the new norm,
along with cross platform development
(systools/http_api/YAJL) porting JSON
and XML.I have experience with
waterfall and agile methodologies.
IBM i, iSeries, AS/400, Sys38
RPGLE (modules, activation groups, service programs RPG FREE
RPGIV, RPGIII, RPGII
DB2 SQL & Embedded SQL
SQL Stored Procedures
SQL / PL
SDLC Team Building
Agile Team Methodology
Aldon Change Management
Turnover Change Management
DDS - DDL - DML - SQL - DB2 - CLLE - RPGLE - RPGII - RPGIII - RPGIV - SQLRPGLE - SYSTOOLS - XML - JSON - YAJL
ISERIES RPGLE/SQL DEVELOPER
Develop new product enhancements in RPGLE/SQL to
meet quarterly release deadlines.
Sole developer tasked with developing a b2b file sharing product on the IBM i utilizing ftp/sftp (openSSH) on our hosted platform.
Configuration of sftp ssh key auth as well as password auth utilizing Unix scripting tool Expect.
Sole developer tasked with developing an in-house db2
"at rest" encryption package.
Has resulted in 2 IBM PMR's that have converted to PTF's - meaning IBM acknowledged the "bug" and
produced a fix to resolve the issue
End product allows any db2 table/column to be
encrypted (AES cipher) and also masked, providing
superior data at rest security
Configured Apache http server to allow i RPGLE REST webservices to be consumed off platform. RPGLE
programs utilize SQL and YAJL to accept JSON input and output JSON result to consumer.
Developed DB2 data onboarding product to allow user to easily define source and target mapping definitions for data to be imported to IBM i. Engineering able to use tool to simply embed sql scalar functions and statements to handle data integrity issues. A single dynamic sql program is used with the mapping definitions to migrate the data to DB2 database.
Mortgage Servicing Technology Vendor Feb 2017 -
(full time telecommute)
Palm Harbor, FL
J E F F E R S O N
V A U G H N
C O N T A C T
P R O F I L E
S K I L L S
E X P E R I E N C E
2020DEVELOPER ISERIES RPGLE/SQL
-Initially brought on board to aid in the development of a new flood product which involved: Transitioned to a new development lead role to design and develop iSeries webservices to be called by a newly designed insured website powered by a team of java developers.All backend webservice calls responsible by my programming include: USER_REG_PREAUTH, USER_REGISTRATION, USER_LOGIN, GET_PAYMENT_INFO, SUBMIT_PAYMENT, SUBMIT_CLAIM, GET_POLICY_DOCUMENTS, GET_DOCUMENT_IMAGE, GET_POLICY_HISTORY, GET_USER_EXISTENCE, USER_PASSWORD_UPDATE, GET_DUP_CLAIMS, GUEST_LOGIN.
Many light - moderate projects including Integrated webservice call from within iSeries job that automatically issues policies, to outside resource for primary residence verification utilizing SQLRPGLE and SQL's systools httppost.- Utilized SFTP in an SQLRPGLE pgm to move securely FTP data from iSeries to target server.
Replaced RLA (native i/o's) in RPG pgm with SQL to improve performance %95. WrightFlood Insurance April 2016 - Feb 2017
- new tables
- new programming within quoting apps
- new programming within rating apps
- new programming within binding apps
- programming was on iSeries and was accessible to front end java apps via webservice calls and JSON
- Objective was to meet 6 month deadline in fully implementing the new product to all agents nationwide. Project was met in 3 months.
ISERIES RPGLE/SQL DEVELOPER
2016 ISERIES RPGLE/SQL DEVELOPER
Collaborating under Agile/Scrum programming methodology, main job duty is custom iSeries application development utilizing RPGLE/SQL/Stored Procedures/WebServices. Sprints consist of 2 week of programming with small to medium deliverables to the business. Areas of programming: Global Financial System, Custom Retail Marketing and Accounting application development.
Examples of deliverables would be:
Automatic crediting of Global accounts payables each close. Apply data gathering “hooks” in deal receiving/booking system to collect promotional contests for marketing. Developed an RPGLE program that utilized native spool files and ESNDFILE command to send HTML emails from iSeries.
Took a 101 class on .NET programming utilizing VS Express 2013. Gravitated away from traditional RPG/DB2 programming by eliminating F-specs and utlizing much more embedded SQL and stored procedures to accommodate programming tasks. Worked alongside .NET development team to provide stored procs and webservices (SOAP/REST) for data retrieval from the IBM Power 8 server.
Coded and implemented RESTFUL webservices to retrieve data from other business units within the company on different LPARS.
Clayton Homes June 2014 - April 2016
SENIOR I5 PROGRAMMER/ANALYST
Berg Steel Pipe June 2012 - May 2014
Panama City, FL
• Acquired to transition 30 year career long senior developer to retirement who developed %90 of the core legacy applications for the company. Served as technical lead to other developers.
• Modernized many RPGII, III programs to RPGIV and ILE /FREE, as well as implementing improved programming standards and streamlined coding practices.
• Developed a programming tool to aid in the conversion of PF/LF’s into DB2/SQL tables and indexes. Incorporated the tables along with embedded SQL into the modernized RPG programs.
• Developed an iSeries application error handler procedure that became mandatory in all iSeries RPG programs. The error handler would handle the exception message by gracefully displaying a user friendly message to user, log the bombing, email IT staff, and exit with no black screen of death and issuing a “D”ump automatically for further research.
• Developed an iSeries application to serve as a research tool for developers which would allow a search argument to search ALL iSeries source files/members in multiple libraries in the matter of seconds. Found to be far superior than tools such as Hawkeye which usually require a manual FNDSTRPDM to be issued also “just to be sure”.
• Raw Materials Hold Project – modified pipe mill station programs to check customer requirements and lot counts to prompt operators to cut raw material coupons for internal Q/A testing.
• MUT Prove Up Project – new development implemented to process “indications” from ID/OD welding station PLC hardware, extract the indication ranges and allow station operator to review indications for each pipe via iSeries RPG subfile program and accept/reject the indications.
• Gained a working knowledge of PHP utilizing iSeries ToolKitService and Zend Server – completed self study assignment calling an iSeries *module from PHP program and displaying returned parm values to screen along with sql calls to DB2 database on iSeries and returning result set to PHP and html browser. Physical inventories are currently allowed Sunday through Wednesday. This is problematic for scheduling inventory counts for all stores in a short period of time. Modify physical inventory scheduling, processing and posting to allow a physical inventory on any week day. Merchandise Price Change Override
Currently the price change entry programs are being tricked into allowing certain effective dates by setting a job date in the calling CL program. This is problematic in that it is allowing any effective date to be entered if desired. Prevent price change entry override from allowing past effective dates, allow users with override access to enter an effective date without restrictions from the price change calendar. SAS – Internal Intransit Relief
Internal In-transit occurs as a result of an Allocation Released in SAS for: DC Post Receipts
Pre-Allocated Purchase Orders
Internal In-transit must be relieved when the Merchandise allocated is owned by the store. Bealls March 2012 - June 2012
2012 CONTRACT 1099 ISERIES (AS/400) SOFTWARE DEVELOPER Coding and testing programs written in RPGIV/ILE Free Format on the reservations team. Assigned to the compilation of an internal coding standards and processes document to be considered the essential guide for new contractors and existing staff for enforcing a new modern approach to outdated practices.
Completed a project related to the conversion of cabin configurations in the main booking voyage file. The conversion will address the business need to eliminate hours of housekeeping efforts on board the cruise line ships.
Converted sql scripts used to create an archive table and purge a production master file into native I/O processing in an RPGLE free program. Program accepts a parm for Inquiry/Report or Update. Developed a series of programs utilizing Hawkeye, QROBOT, SOFTMENU, to eliminate countless hours of manually detecting obsolete objects to be de-staged. This program will be used on-going as the tool of choice for the client to use for future de-staging of objects from the system. Royal Caribbean Nov 2011 - Feb 2012
2012DEVELOPMENT CONTRACT ISERIES SOFTWARE
Provided contract custom programming services.
Southeast Surplus Underwriters June 2007 - Nov 2011 Remote From Mobile AL
IT Core Systems – AS/400 Software Engineering (1099 Contractor) 2011ANALYST AS/400 PROGRAMMER/
Began work at Ratewatch as a consultant to re-design as/400 software system into more elaborate customized system. After project completion about a year later I was hired full time by the company to continue support and development of the new system. RateWatch Oct 1997 - June 2007
Full Time Telecommute
SENIOR AS/400 PROGRAMMER ANALYST
Completed y2k project single handedly for Bon Secour Fisheries in Bon Secour AL.Assigned to RateWatch to completely redesign, code, implement a new system utilizing DB2 database and RPG green screens to provide call center functionality.
Zavcom Systems Inc. Oct 1996 - Oct 1997
W2 CONTRACT PROGRAMMER ANALYST
Coded and implemented programs in RPG for the SIS system. Vesta Insurance Companies Oct 1995 - March 1996
JUNIOR PROGRAMMER ANALYST
Education College of Technology
May 1996 – October 1997 – Associates Degree in CIS E D U C A T I O N