www.linkedin.com/in/ashleigh-wright-2020/ US Citizen EDUCATION
GEORGIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (3.02/4.0) Atlanta, GA Bachelor of Science in Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering August 2015- May 2020
• National Action Council for Minority Engineering (NACME) Scholar Minor in Public Policy from the Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts
• Relevant Coursework: Energy Policy, Environmental Policy, Intellectual Property Transactions GEORGIA TECH-LYON: SUMMER 2017 Lyon, France
• Study Abroad program that partners with CPE-Lyon University for Organic Chemistry II and Synthesis Lab classes. EXPERIENCE
GEORGIA TECH RESEARCH INSTITUTE Atlanta, GA
Industrial Assessment Center Engineering Associate August 2019- Present
• Collaborating with a diverse team of engineers, researchers, and student associates to provide clients with energy assessment reports to optimize plant productivity, reduce waste output, and conserve energy usage.
• Identifying approximately $130,000 in annual cost savings per plant assessment, $50,000 of which are implemented during first year following the assessment.
INGERSOLL RAND Davidson, NC
Global Technical Sales Operations Intern May 2019- August 2019
• Gained technical product knowledge for compressed air systems and applications through trainings and on-site for various different Fortune 500 clients.
• Learned and applied Lean problem solving principles for sales process improvement.
• Worked on cross-functional projects to equip Account Managers with Salesforce tools to encourage revenue growth.
• Updated and improved recruiting information (website and brochures), and the structure of the full time Industrial Sales Development Program.
LAKE KILBY WATER TREATMENT PLANT Suffolk, VA
Chemical Analyst Intern June 2016 –August 2016
• Monitored chemical water treatment operations for the tap water which services over 500,000 residence.
• Ran daily temperature, odor, fluoride and turbidity tests, as well as hardness and alkalinity titrations on plant water samples, as well as tap samples throughout the cities that the plant services. SKILLS/AFFILIATION
• Skills: Programing- MatLab, Aspen, Python, Microsoft Office: Excel, Sharepoint, etc., Skype for Business. Instruments- Autoclave, Parallel Plate Cyctocompression System, Pipet, Spectrometer, Centrifuge, Buret, . Hach Instruments- Turbidimeter, Chlorimeter, Total Organic Carbon Analyzer. Languages- English-Native, Spanish- Basic, German-Basic
• Affiliations: Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. (AKA), National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE), Student Government Association (SGA), African American Student Union (AASU), Black Student Recruitment Team LEADERSHIP
THE GEORGIA TECH ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION Atlanta, GA
Head Undergraduate Manager of the NCAA Women’s Basketball Team October 2017-Present
• Leads and instructs less experienced managers on how to perform at a high level and assist the team.
• Responsible for preparing practices with balls, pads, practice plans, boards, whistles, weights and writing utensils.
• Travelling nationally and internationally to games to ensure equipment is accounted for and schedules are followed. RESIDENTS ADVISOR (RA) FOR THE GEORGIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY Atlanta, GA Center Street Apartments August 2016 – December 2017
• Planned useful and thought provoking programs for Georgia Tech residents and built community with the hall.
• Collaborated with the Georgia Tech Housing Department to inspire an inclusive culture for students on campus.
• Responsible for 50-100 students on an on-call emergency basis during 12 to 24 hour shifts.