Email: firstname.lastname@example.org LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/avani-chandorkar Address: Dallas, TX, USA Phone: +1-682-***-**** SUMMARY
Skilled developer in creating applications using Machine Learning technologies. Proficient in cloud based services and database management systems. Ambitious & determined to achieve results by providing intelligent business solutions. EDUCATION
Master of Science in Computer Science (Expected: May 2020) University of Texas at Arlington, Texas, USA GPA: 3.5/4.0
(Machine Learning, Databases, Cloud Computing, Artificial Intelligence, Computer Vision, Data mining, Computer graphics) Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Engineering (Aug 2014 to June 2018) Cummins College of Engineering, University of Pune, India GPA: 3.6/4.0
(Algorithms, Intelligent systems, Advanced computer programming, Data structures, Operating Systems, Computer Networks) TECHNICAL SKILLS
Citibank, Pune, India Software Engineer Trainee (Nov 2016- May 2017)
• Implemented a sector-based trade recommendation system which recommends the top 5 performing stocks based on their current market price over the period.
• Captured the live data from Nifty 50 stocks using the Yahoo Finance API and stored in the database.
• Technologies used: Java, SpringBoot, Oracle, AngularJS, Html, CSS PROJECTS
Medical app for doctors using Virtual Reality (Unity3D, Blender, C#, OpenCVForUnity, SVM)
• Built an immersive application for doctors and medical trainees to perform a detailed study of human anatomy parts such as heart, brain and DNA using Unity3D platform by performing hand gestures to zoom in, zoom out and rotate these assets.
• Used SVM model to classify the real-time hand gestures performed by the user and obtained 85% accuracy.
• This project was selected among top 15% projects in the Ignited Innovators of India project competition. Live Object detection using TensorFlow (OpenCV2, CNN, Python, Matplotlib, Numpy, PIL)
• Developed an application for detecting live objects in the frame of the user using webcam.
• Object detection model is created using TensorFlow Object detection API by making use of models trained on COCO dataset. Achieved 89% accuracy with Faster RCNN model.
Auto-scaling Web Application (AWS Cloud, Apache J-meter, Flask)
• Implemented auto-scaling for monitoring the load on the server by configuring AWS auto scaling services based on the user traffic, increasing the number of EC2 running instances.
• Used Apache J-Meter as a load testing tool for creating traffic, analyzing and measuring the performance of the web application deployed on Amazon Web Service.
Earthquake Data Visualization (Microsoft Cloud, Flask. PyCharm IDE, Redis cache)
• Created a Python Flask Web Application to Azure Database Service allowing the users to access the USGS Earthquake dataset based on depth, magnitude and time ranges. Analyzed performance by running up to 1000 random queries.
• Developed an e-commerce responsive website where a Business organization can offer their services to customers.
• The website is built using MVC pattern in CodeIgniter framework and deployed on University of Texas, Arlington cloud. TECHINAL PRESENTATION (March 2018)
• Presented a technical paper on the topic ‘Virtual Reality: An Immersion for collaborative and stimulus medical training’ at Impetus training and Concepts 2018, A national level Technical Symposium. EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES (Aug 2016- April 2018)
• Taught Mathematics and Science to needy school students at an Indian non-profit organization for two years and got awarded as Best Volunteer among 50 volunteers.