Isabela Cardoso Freire
Roswell, Georgia 30076 USA
Skills + Personal Attributes
● Able to perform quality sonographic studies by following established procedures a physician's orders to provide quality diagnostic data for interpretation by Radiologist
● Understanding of
Physics of Ultrasound
Interaction with Human Tissues
Image Formation and Display
● Able to recognize and demonstrate skills of differentiating normal and abnormal sonographic anatomy.
● Training or knowledge in echo, vascular,small parts and general OB sonography
● Organizational skills
● Quick learner
● Detail oriented
● Clerical skills
● Effective problem solving skills, critical thinking and the ability to prioritize in a fast paced clinical/hospital environment.
● Demonstrated leadership qualities, and the ability to make independent decisions, displaying a high level of initiative.
MARCH 2018 - PRESENT
DIGIRAD, Suwanee / Emory Clinic Outpatient (Decatur)- Registered Cardiac Sonographer/Echocardiography Technologist
Perform diagnostic quality sonography imaging procedures for patient care population, and participates as a member of a multidisciplinary team. Proactively supports efforts that ensure delivery of safe patient care and services. Performs more complex and safe operation of ultrasound equipment to ensure high quality for diagnostic scans. Performs, analyzes, and documents results of 2-D, M-Mode, and Doppler Echocardiograms as ordered by a physician to identify possible cardiac disorders . Demonstrates complete knowledge of anatomy and physiology. Responsible for the coordination and performance of Cardiac Ultrasound examinations, including adult transthoracic, Dobutamine Stress Echo, Exercise Stress echocardiogram, knowledge of Transesophageal, Contrast and Bubble Study . Strain images provided.
DMS - Cardiac Sonographer /Echocardiography Technologist Perform diagnostic cardiac sonography procedures using independent judgment to accurately differentiate between normal and pathological findings. Measures heart wall thickness and chamber sizes and compares measurements to standard norms to identify abnormalities in the heart. Measures blood flow velocities and calculated data for evaluation of cardiac function by a physician. Provides more complex technical care to ensure high quality images. Produces Echocardiographys and Doppler flow analyses of the heart and related structures by using ultrasound equipment to monitor the patient’s heart rhythm.
SEPTEMBER 2017 - MARCH 2018
Piedmont Hospital (Internship)- Ultrasound Student Explains procedures to patients to reduce their anxiety and to obtain patient cooperation. Assists with development of education materials for use by the patients and their families. Assumes responsibility and provides direct care for the complex patients receiving US scans and Echo guided procedures.Able to prioritize and accommodate urgent requests as Thoracenthesis, Paracenthesis and to perform high quality examinations in a proficient and timely manner. Ability to work effectively in a busy hospital environment.
MARCH 2007 - AUGUST 2017
Gwinnett Clinic - Ultrasound Student
● Fast Paced Environment
● Duties are including but not limited to performing high quality diagnostic non-invasive echo procedures.
● Use of Contrast, Bubble Study, Strain Images and Color Flow mapping.
● Able to operate equipment safely at all times
● Demonstrate ability to maintain patient privacy and confidentiality
● Familiarity with Cardiac Care Network Echocardiogram Standards MARCH 2007 - AUGUST 2017
Ippolito’s Italian Restaurant, Sandy Springs - Server/Customer Service Experience Education
UNIFOR, Fortaleza - Bachelor’s Degree (incomplete) Tourism
JANUARY 2015- DECEMBER 2017
Cambridge College of Healthcare, Atlanta - Associate’s Degree (Graduate of an accredited program in Cardiac Diagnostic Medical Sonography/Adult Echocardiography ). Associate of Science -Diagnostic Medical Sonography ( Echo, Vascular, General/OB, Small Parts)
● Internships at:
Piedmont Hospital Inpatient & Outpatient
Atlanta Perinatal Associates
● Learned to operate several types of Ultrasound Machines
General Electric Logiq 9
General Electric Vivid 7 and 9
Siemens ACUSON X800
American Heart Association, Atlanta - Certification Basic Life Support (BLS/CPR)
Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI), Atlanta - Registration Equivalent to ARDMS
Registered Cardiovascular Echo
Register ID: 00116121