Daniel E. Ley
520-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org www.linkedin.com/in/leydaniel
University of San Diego, Shiley-Marcos School of Engineering San Diego, CA Industrial & Systems Engineering, BS/BA Dual Degree Minor in Mathematics
Written and Verbal Fluency in Spanish
Expected May 2020
Cumulative GPA: 3.83/4.00
Major GPA: 3.86/4.00
University of San Diego, Shiley-Marcos School of Engineering
• Conduct research on plastic recycling methods for LDPE and PET plastics to design a recycling program and facility in El Cercado, Dominican Republic.
• Use design of experiments to determine the optimal manufacturing process parameters for creating recycled LDPE composite materials.
San Diego, CA
Oct. 2019 – Present
Lean Six Sigma Resident Green Belt
University of San Diego Nonprofit Institute
• Assisted a certified Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt in instructing over 10 nonprofit executives in the practices of Lean and Six Sigma and continuous improvement.
• Oversaw a project for a nonprofit organization that resulted in a reduction of their new student dropout rate from 22% to 11%.
San Diego, CA
Sep. 2019 – Dec. 2019
Industrial Engineering Intern, Avionics Manufacturing General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc.
• Organized, led, and conducted a Kaizen event that resulted in an annual savings of over $40,000 by redesigning process flow and creating a new factory layout to achieve company KPIs.
• Analyzed over 4 million lines of data using SQL and MS Power BI to create adaptive and filter responsive statistical process control (SPC) charts to monitor manufacturing time standards. San Diego, CA
Jun. 2019 – Aug. 2019
Production Control Intern, Composites Manufacturing General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc.
• Designed and implemented a Kanban system used to determine when to make aircraft parts that effectively increased efficiency and decreased material expirations. Decreased inventory by 28%.
• Applied SQL queries and VBA/VBS scrips to create and automate several analytical reports. San Diego, CA
Jun. 2018 – Jun. 2019
Industrial & Systems Engineering Senior Capstone
University of San Diego & Imaging Healthcare Specialists
• Create a simulation of the current state system and test improvement scenarios to reduce the amount of time X-Ray patients spend in the system.
• Use Python to develop time series forecasts to predict number of walk-in patient arrivals. San Diego, CA
Dec. 2019 - Present
Discrete Event Simulation Competition, Team Leader Fall 2019 Simio Student Competition, University of San Diego Team
• Lead a team to simulate a regional airport’s day to day operations.
• Simulated various improvement scenarios based on a $1 million budget constraint and reduced the percentage of missed flights from 14.3% to 5.2%, a 63.7% decrease.
• Judged by a panel of 9 academic and commercial judges and placed 2nd out of 291 teams. San Diego, CA
Oct. 2019 – Dec. 2019
SKILLS & INTERESTS
Computing: Discrete event Simulation; Python; Pandas; Numpy; C Programming; Mac OS; Windows OS; Microsoft Office Suite
(Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, Project)
Data Science & Analytics: R Programming; Data Visualization; Data Wrangling; Regression; Descriptive, Predictive, Prescriptive Analytics; Microsoft Power BI; Power Query SQL; MySQL; Advanced Excel & Automation; Tableau; Time Series Forecasting Other: Simio Simulation Software; Lean Six Sigma – Green Belt; Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC); Allen-Bradley PLC; Robotics Programming; SAP ERP; CAD; Linear Programming; Computer Vision; CNC; Electromechanical System Design RELEVANT COURSEWORK
Data Science & Analytics Database Design Global Purchasing Law for Engineers Statistical Process Control Operations Research I, II Operations & Supply Chain Engineering Economics Design of Experiments Systems Engineering Supply Chain Analytics Manufacturing Systems