Enthusiastic Child Development Specialist eager to contribute to
team success through hard work, attention to detail and excellent organizational skills. Experienced trainer and instructor in both ECE professional development and college courses. Proficient in both face to face delivery and online platforms.
COORDINATOR, CUYAMACA COMMUNITY COLLEGE — 2017-
• Planned, organized and coordinated the operation and activities of the Child Development Center, which served as the lab school for the Child Development Program at Cuyamaca College.
• Eﬀectively supervised, trained, and grew a staﬀ of 25-30.
• Maintained grants and contracts in compliance with State and District regulations.
• Managed the department budget, inclusive of staffing, overhead costs, grants and private paying accounts.
• Restructured the staﬀ Organizational Chart to optimize staffing and budget expenses, while also providing children and families with continuity of care and best practices.
ADJUNCT FACULTY, CUYAMACA COMMUNITY COLLEGE- 2018- PRESENT
• Taught Child Development and Early Childhood Education courses, providing instruction to up to 40 undergraduate students.
• Collaborated with fellow faculty, Deans, and Vice Presidents to create dynamic, ongoing curriculum development and instruction improvement program.
• Evaluated and revised lesson plans and course content to facilitate and moderate classroom and online discussions and student centered learning.
• Instructed students using lectures, discussions, online modalities, and demonstrations in best practices in Child Development.
• Evaluated student comprehension using exams, quizzes and assignments and managed student performance using automated reporting system, leveraging data to identify student learning needs and create action plans to overcome learning deficiencies. MELANIE ROBERTS
10539 Cadwell Rd
Santee, Ca 92071
• Utilized online platforms in conjunction with face to face classes to optimize student support
ADJUNCT FACULTY, UNION INSTITUTE AND UNIVERSITY, LOS ANGELES, CA- 2018-PRESENT
• Developed and managed the class syllabus and ensuring that the syllabus meets department and college standards.
• Reported student learning outcomes, class reviews, and analyzed student data
• Advised students on how to be successful and achieve goals AKA HEAD START, SAN DIEGO, CA 2009-2016
• Implemented new curriculums and corresponding training to teaching staﬀ
• Drove teacher productivity through mentoring activities, contributing to the creation of a positive learning environment
• Created and presented professional development for teachers to support learning outcomes and goals for agency
• Analyzed and aggregated agency outcome data to create data driven educational goals for teachers
Maintained consistent regulatory compliance of Head Start centers to include reporting components, enrollment, child development best practices, state licensing, etc.
Maintained parent communication
Oversaw daily operations of site, inclusive of health and safety, training of staﬀ, and enrollment.
• Guided and facilitated the activates of children aged 3-5 in a developmentally way to align with federal guidelines and frameworks
• Responsible for the completion of developmental assessments, parent teacher conferences, home visits, and daily communication. EDUCATION
• San Diego State University — Master of Science, Child Development
• San Diego State University- Bachelor of Science, Child and Family Development