Gardner, Ma *****
Packaging Designer and Cost reduction specialist with over 20 years of experience designing and testing protective and POP Display Packaging utilizing substrates including Wood, foam, plastics, Corrugated, Litho lamination heat and seal and Folding Cartons to name a few.
I have Vast knowledge and experience in all aspects of packaging industry
● Cost reduction
● Packaging setup time management
● ASTM / ISTA Testing
● On time delivery
Lead CAPA investigator for all Packaging related issues Including production time and material flow management and related collateral material, web technology and structural development. Excellent skills in organization – project management documentation and filing of critical information
Familiarity with typography, logo design, photo direction and color printing processes
Ability to work with Senior Designers and Design Directors Sales personnel as well as customer service reps and direct customer contact. Ability to execute sketches and designs by hand.
Strong interpersonal, analytical, verbal and written communication skills EXPERIENCE
Packaging Designer, New England Wooden Ware
Gardner, Ma — 2017-2018
Packaging Designer: Over saw as well as trained junior designers and trade school interns. On all aspects of how to design and document all new and existing projects from start to completion.
● Lead investigator and designer (requested by customer) on all Gillette and Proctor and Gamble projects. NEWW’s largest and longest existing customer.
● Quality control of all incoming Packaging Materials as well as outgoing product.
● Over saw all aspects of Design Managers position when he was not available.
Packaging Designer, Medica Corporation
Bedford, Ma — 2007-2013
Responsible for the creation of functional and cost effective packaging solutions for all new products as well as cost reductions and vendor improvements for existing packaging products including all documentation, validation and testing. Accomplishments
● Lead investigator on all returned goods
● Quality control of all incoming Packaging Materials as well as outgoing salable product.
● Medica’s branding of all existing and new release Packaging.
● Out sourcing of production packaging set up with on time delivery system to reduce production time.
● Designed thermal packaging line to transport temperature sensitive products globally. With a requirement of 2-8 degree temperature throughout transport.
● Lead CAPA investigator for all Packaging related issues
● Redesign of all existing packaging to reduce cost and set up time.
● Overall packaging cost reduction exceeding $500,000.00
● Sourcing implementation and install of packaging set up machines located in Italy, Pennsylvania
Technical Sales Rep. Container Graphics Corporation Neptune, NJ — 2005-2006
Direct Sales of Corrugated Cutting Dies and Printing Plates Accomplishments
● Maintained and grew existing accounts while opening many new accounts throughout New England.
● Developed Time Management, On time delivery, Customer relation skills
● Learned valuable Cutting die and printing plate cost savings techniques
● Excelled in time management and on time delivery of goods and services.
Packaging Designer/Purchaser, Atlas Box and Crating Sutton, Ma — 2003-2005
Packaging Design Manager over saw and completed all new and existing packaging designs from start to completion
● Complete project management from Conception, Design, Sampling, Testing, Training, as well as production and implementation of packaging to customers finished product and safe delivery.
● Training, Implementation and release of Mass 500 Software
● Gained valuable experience designing crates and protective packaging
● ISTA Training
● Hands on lab testing of Customer products.
Senior Design Manager Engineer, Southern Container Corporation Sutton, Ma — 2001-2003
● Complete set up of Design Department and Purchase and set up of all equipment.
● Management of design employees and Printing Plate and Cutting Die Vendors.
Die Maker, Die Technology
Canton, Ma — 2000-2001.
Shrink files with correct take up factor for the machine the cutting die will be run-on.
Transfer file to laser burner.
POP Display Designer, Bicknell & Fuller
Peabody, Ma — 1998-2000
POP Display designer,Folding Carton Design,
Structural Packaging Designer, New England Wooden Ware Gardner, Ma — 1994-1998
Designed Packaging and cut samples
University of Phoenix
Solid Works-Sheet Metal 2012
Solid Works- Essentials - 2012
Solid Works-Essentials – 2010
Microsoft Excel - 2010
Mount Wachusett Community College
AutoCAD — 1995-1996
Montachusett regional Vocational Technical School
Plant Maintenance — 1983-1987
● Solid Works 2013
● Artios CAD
● Auto CAD
● Ashlar Score
● Designer Work Bench
● Mass 500
● Fourth Shift
● Microsoft office
Available upon request.