SEUNGWOO SEAN SON 510-***-**** / firstname.lastname@example.org
Marina Del Rey, CA https://www.linkedin.com/in/seungwoo-sean-son/ PROFESSIONAL SUMMARY
Analytical, results-driven Back-end Developer with proven experience and skills who leads team members in writing new code and improving current back-end applications and processes. Utilizes the understanding of programming languages and tools to analyze current codes and industry developments. Possesses comprehensive knowledge, excellent communications, computer, and project management skills focused on building a better, more efficient program and creating a better experience. Leads by example and always strives to exceed expectations. Career supported by a BA, Computer Science, University of California, Berkeley, California. CORE STRENGTHS
Data Structures Databases Data Analytics Strategic Planning Networking Conflict Resolution Algorithms Operating Systems Data Science Goal Setting Research and Development Industry Trend Analysis PROFESSIONAL OVERVIEW
GUMGUM – Santa Monica, CA JANUARY 2020 - APRIL 2020 DATA ENGINEER
• Updated new business logics in current Spark job and data pipelines and analyzed the impact ensuring a streamlined process.
• Monitored and optimized network flows in Kafka brokers to save the cost resulting in sustained superior performance.
• Unloaded datasets from Snowflake and MySQL and processed a new dataset for partners improving the process.
• Improved the monitoring system of the data pipelines with AWS SNS and CloudWatch. SAMBA TV – San Francisco, CA MARCH 2019 - NOVEMBER 2019 DATA ENGINEER
• Designed, implemented, tested, and deployed data processing pipelines with Spark and Luigi.
• Reduced processing time by a factor of 3 by redesigning the previous data pipeline.
• Eliminated data skew from pipelines by distributing and tuning and terabytes data sets.
• Developed utilities to increase the productivity of other data engineers and research analysts. FASOO – South Korea May 2018 - August 2018
SOFTWARE ENGINEER (INTERN)
• Developed an MVC pattern program that automated setting up test environment for two different versions.
• Analyzed test engineers’ needs and implemented, tested, and released software for them.
• Improved work productivity by over 10x by automating module updates. UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA – Berkeley, CA AUGUST 2017- DECEMBER 2017 DATA SCIENCE MODULE DEVELOPER
• Created script to scrape 2016 Election speeches data and run NLTK to analyze the Election data.
• Instructed and mentored 25+ students to having a solid understanding of data science application. BAANHAE – South Korea JANUARY 2017 – AUGUST 2017
COFOUNDER BACK-END DEVELOPER
• Created a dog food search app which identifies products by filters such as allergies and nutrition.
• Conducted database modelling and implemented mobile API server using Express and Node.js.
• Raised seed money of 10K at a startup incubator from prototype application. SEUNGWOO SEN SON 510-***-**** / email@example.com / Page 2 L EADERSHIP EXPERIENCE
KOREAN CAPITOL POLICE – South Korea FEBRUARY 2015 –NOVEMBER 2016 DUTY SCHEDULE MANAGER
• Led a security team of 15 individuals for 30 banquets at the house of the national speaker.
• Awarded a leadership commendation from the Chief of the Korean National Police Agency. EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
Bachelor of Art, Computer Science – UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, BERKELEY, CALIFORNIA TECHNICAL SKILLS
Automated Game Analysis for a Cal Sports team Fall 2018
• Developed a motion tracker for a water polo games using Computer Vision and Machine Learning.
• Trained the model to analyze game data by automating detection of game positions in over 100,000 clips. Reliable Transportation Fall 2018
• Generated TCP protocol simulator using socket abstraction.
• Refined the code with Wireshark by monitoring the flows of packets. Relational Database Management System Fall 2017
• Simulated database management system including index, join, and concurrency control.