Xiao (Camilla) Tan
*** * **** ***, *********, CA 94086
• Master of Information Science student with experience in web development intern and projects • EDUCATION
Indiana University, Bloomington, IN August 2018-May 2020 Master of Information Science, School of Informatics, Computing and Engineering GPA 3.97/4.0
• Relevant Coursework: Data Structure, Search Engine, Web Programming, Information Architecture for the Web, HCI, Information Visualization, Database Design, Social Media Mining, System Design & Analysis Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS, Canada May 2017 Bachelor of Management, International Business Major, Rowe School of Business Expertise in business strategy consulting, communication, and problem-solving. WORK EXPERIENCES
Project Lead The Way, Indianapolis, IN May 2019-August 2019 Web Development Intern
• Improved user experience by applying user-centered design and building mock-ups for A/B testing.
• Applied knowledge in frontend and backend to design project’s features and limitations.
• Collaborated within the team to solve challenges and debug by communicating and sharing knowledge. Intel Corporation, Chengdu, Szechuan, China May 2016-August 2016 Communications & Media Intern
• Increased employees’ views of email Newsletter and WeChat by 30% within a month by producing creative contents for articles and TV shows.
• Analyzed employees’ data by Excel, and applied findings to internal media channels. TECHNICAL SKILLS
PLTW Medical Board Web Application
An application that allows users to calculate taxi fare by interacting on the embedded Google Maps and reserve taxi service. Implemented by C#, Google Map API, SQL and database in Visual Studio.