IT Systems Administrator
Skilled systems administrator with 7 years of professional experience in Infrastructure Management. Expert and highly familiar with a wide variety of security, engineering, virtualization, networking, and operating system software. EDUCATION
M.S, New York Institute of Technology
Master of Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering with a GPA of 3.06. December 2007
B.Tech, Mount Zion College of Engineering India
Bachelor of Technology in Electronics and Communication Engineering with a GPA of 3.33. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Hilal Computerised Technical Services-Al Hilal Group Bahrain IT Administrator Aug 2014 - Present
Duties in brief:
Installation of New Server OS as VM’s and troubleshooting all server related issues.
Administering Exchange Email server 2010, 2013 and Office 365 related issues. Assigning access rights of shared mailboxes for users. Creating distribution groups for users.
Configuring Cisco and Avaya IP Telephony for users. Troubleshoot and resolve all IP Telephony related issues.
Monitoring and administering Veeam Backup and Recovery Solutions using tape and disk drives and restoring the backup data.
Configuration and administration of Cisco Core and Edge switches. Configuring Vlan and troubleshooting network related issues.
Administration and Configuration of Cisco WLC, SonicWall and Fortinet firewalls. Creating address objects, groups and firewall security policies.
Configuring file share network mapping by assigning permissions for users. Applying quota management for shared folders. Configuration of Active Directory for users and attributes, group policies, DHCP and DNS management.
Monitor antivirus client status, update and events on user workstations through the Authority enterprise antivirus console.
Creating and configuring remote VPN for clients and organizations. Configuring VPN clients on user laptops and tablets.
Administration of Ameyo Call Center Software. Programming of Fingerprint and access cards for new users.
Northstar Technologies-Al Hilal Group Bahrain
Systems Engineer Aug 2013 – Aug 2014
Duties in brief:
Project in Gulf Daily News (GDN) Bahrain
• Providing technical support to Gulf Daily News (GDN) for Apple Mac OSX Server.
• Installation of new software and troubleshooting for Apple devices such as IMac, Mac Mini and Windows Desktops and Laptops for editors, sub-editors and reporters in the GDN Domain.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Server Administration and Repair
Exchange Server, 0365
Storage, Vsphere and Hyper-V
IT Security, Backup and Recovery
Cloud Platform and Infrastructure
Network Routing & Switching
Configuration and Upgrading
MCSE-Cloud Platform and
MCSA-Windows Server 2012
CCNA-Routing and Switching
Flat 1, Bldg 623
Kingdom of Bahrain
• Installation and onsite support for Mediaware Center (Newscycle Solutions and Saxotech Inc): An Editorial Software newly implemented to generate the pagination layout for newspaper based on the articles and news provided as input.
• Upgrading the OS and installing Adobe products such as Indesign, Incopy, Illustrator and Photoshop for editing articles.
• Configuring email for users using Google Apps.
Telephone, Internet and Office Support
• Listening to customer complaints about internet issues and fixing them.
• Installation and Troubleshooting of Windows Desktops and Apple devices in office.
• Installing & Configuring Network Printers and troubleshooting it.
• Programming and Installation of Panasonic PBX telephone systems.
• Programming of Mitel IP PBX system and providing support to users for IP Telephones.
Kanika Marine Services Bahrain
IT Engineer Aug 2011 – Aug 2013
Duties in brief:
• Installation and Troubleshooting of Desktops and Laptops in Network.
• Maintaining the Database resources and backup.
• Implementing Security Issues and solving user problems related to it.
• Configuring and Managing Wireless LAN.
• Remote Administration and Troubleshooting Activities.
• Responsible for taking the daily backup on external HDD.
• Installing & Configuring standalone and Network Printers.
• Experienced in handling Microsoft Office and configuring Microsoft Outlook.
• Complete Helpdesk (Hardware & Network) Support for Head Office and other locations.
• Maintaining, analysing, troubleshooting, and repairing hardware and computer peripherals.
Available on request.