San Ramon, CA 94582 925-***-**** email@example.com TECHNICAL PROGRAM MANAGER
Experienced IT professional offering 15+ years of successful deliverable of all product testing and delivering phases with varying complexities, requirement analysis, team leading, planning, scheduling, production support, quality management, change management, programming and automation experience in both agile and waterfall methodologies. Managed multiple cross functional teams in multiple locations and deliver projects that meet or exceed timeline targets.
• PMP Certification (in progress) • Project Management • People Management
• Program Management • Programming • Excellent Communication
• Talent Development • Agile & Waterfall Methodology • Test Management
• Release Management • Automation Testing • Global Teams EXPERIENCE
ProKarma, Pleasanton, CA Sept 2019 – April 2020
Lead QA engineer, UI testing and automation efforts using Selenium and Java for Kaiser Permanente Asset Management data system on ServiceNow platform. Work with clients, product owners, data migration team in understanding the requirements, defining testcases and test scenarios. Guide team with testing and automation. GE Digital, San Ramon, CA
Staff Software Engineer April 2015 – June 2019
Quality Management of Predix Edge products, and services for IIoT solution. Analyzed requirement specifications, and use cases and led quality engineering, and automation efforts. Influence testing processes, identify testing gaps, manage test plans for system integration BDD test scenarios, and promote best QA practices across organization.
• Ensured complete manual, automation and system integration test coverage of UI, back-end, and end-to-end feature set on embedded and virtual devices on cloud platform for Predix Edge Manager and Predix Edge Technical Console
• Define testing processes, identify testing gaps, define and manage test plans for system integration BDD test scenarios, and promote best practices across the organization. Develop and enhance test infrastructure across teams with large number of edge devices. Managing deliverables and mentoring QE team members
• Strategic testing and automation efforts which increased test coverage by 200% and reduced defects found by 75%.
• Drove complete test coverage on devices, platforms, browsers and OSs. Simulate UI testing for ThingWorx IoT platform. Postman and SOAPUI backend testing of secured REST APIs on Predix, AWS platforms. Performance testing using Gatling and JMeter tools. Browsers and platforms testing using Sauce Labs application.
• Developed automation framework for iOS mobile testing using Appium with Selenium in Java for Weather App. Automated iOS unit test, and acceptance test for Worker Tracker app using with XCTest on Xcode in Swift language.
• Designed and developed automation framework using Selenium, Java, and data driven. Automated CDX Application, ROI Calculator, Market Place, Drupal Content Management, O&G Wellhead, BF, and CDE applications. Cisco Systems, San Jose, CA March 2005 – August 2014 Managed several software releases of Cisco Switches. Interviewed, hired and managed highly talented software engineers, interns, and contractors. Handled performance review activities, coached and mentored engineers with focus on company growth, product and individuals. Monitored, steered on-time deliverables and solutions of concurrent projects. Senior Software Engineer January 2012 – August 2014
• Managed successful automation development and tests integration with global Cisco teams, and multiple vendors and improved production automation coverage by 150%. Delivered automation coverage for more than 4000 test cases.
• Strategized and managed the enhancements and sustenance of automation infrastructure framework to handle releases, devices and test bed independent images and features for regression testing.
• Designed and built test beds for testing all types of switches and access devices. Led test execution efforts for BVT, sanity and regression run on a unified and a device, platform, and test bed independent framework and topology. Rathna Dutt firstname.lastname@example.org Page 2
Manager, Software Engineering Test August 2008- December 2011 Managed, coached and mentored a team of 12 seasoned engineers to work on Cisco Switches. Led complete testing efforts of VSS, ISSU, FM features on Cat6K for several releases.
• Managed regression and sanity automation and manual testing for all releases. Focused on talent development, and customer satisfaction and delivered quality tested products delivery.
• Tracked progress, understood dependencies, evaluated risks and communicated status to upper management and project partners. Collaborated and managed offshore teams and vendor teams
• Established and maintained good relationship with all stake holders as required for project development. Monitored and measured progress of projects, resources and budget.
• Led release efforts for business and ensured complete manual and regression test coverage by all testing teams. Worked with product marketing and development teams in reviewing results, tracking issues and verifying resolutions. Led automation planning and conducted several TOI sessions and held war rooms during automation period. Software Engineer March 2005 – July 2008
Responsible for 802.1x features for new, maintenance releases for 6K, owned estimating and planning for all releases.
• Defined test plans for new and regression features, TEACATS, CFDs, EFTs for FM and Layer-2 features. Tested features set of CDP, LLDP, VTP, VLANs, STP, SPAN, ACLs, spanning tree, ether channels, and dot1x.
• Defined and developed productivity improvement tools like ISSU tests result database, procedure generation tool, zero touch testing, unified device testing, and many more. Two projects received awards for productivity improvement.
• Automated security features on Cisco wireless controller. Collaborated with global teams, in designing automation framework using PHP and Tcl for regression topology and tools for failure analysis and display logs and results Polycom, Milpitas, CA August 2004 – December 2004
Software Development Engineer Consultant
Developed embedded UI on voice communication system software. Integrated and tested the software along with the QA team and the marketing team. Worked closely with QA and DSP team during design, development and bug fixing phases. Luminous Networks, Cupertino, CA Sep 2001 – December 2002 Senior Member of Technical Staff
Developed SNMP agent, CLI layer and SNIM interfaces for VTS, VLL, TLS services. Participated in designing of enterprise MIBs and developed agents to handle the enterprise MIBs and RFCs. Collaborated with Scientific Atlanta’s development team in board bring-up of ASI and IF cards EDUCATION and CERTIFICATION
Masters in Science (M.S), Computer Science, University of Nevada, Reno, NV Bachelors in Science (B.S), Electronics Engineering, Bangalore University, India C++, OOP Concepts & Analysis, UC Santa Cruz Extension Cisco Automation & Management Training at Cisco
Delivering Customer Impact, GE
System Integration, Sanity, Regression, End to End, Performance, Scalability testing, BDD, Scrum, Agile and Waterfall Selenium Webdriver, Appium, XCUI, Tcl, REST, Cucumber, SilkTest, Shell Script, Postman, SoapUI OOD, OOA, OOP Java, Xcode XCTest, Swift, Python, TestNG, Junit, C, C++, Protractor, Jasmine, Ixia, IxNetwork, Wireshark and Spirent, VMWare, Dockers, Performance and Load testing tools like Gatling & JMeter, Database, Service Now Predix, UNIX, Linux, Windows, Jenkins, Git, Clearcase, JIRA, Confluence, Rally and similar Project Management System