Rebecca A. Mesa
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone No: 403-***-****
Software Quality Assurance, Testing, and Management Specialist SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
• Experienced in all phases of development life cycle, including requirements gathering, risk analysis, project planning, scheduling, automation and manual testing, defect tracking, management, and reporting.
• Developed project plan and schedules, release management, test plan, user cases, interface specifications, user requirement specification documents, test reports, releases and acted as coordinator for client’s existing applications.
• Strong background in oil & gas software, financial and accounting system, gaming software, E-learning, communication, media system, android and iOS applications
• Superior analytical, troubleshooting, communication and presentation skill, self-starter, quick learner, motivated, leadership skills, team player, worked with Agile and Waterfall environment. OTHER SKILLS & ACHIEVEMENTS:
• Certified Tester Foundation Level (CTFL) – ISTQB, Canada
• Business Analyst World Conference –Calgary;
• HP QuickTest; EDP Specialist in Programming – Rank 1st
• Hold MS Certifications in SQL Administration and Solution Framework
• System analyst, technical support, designer, programmer with DB admin
• Understanding of the following program languages & databases, Visual Foxpro, Visual Basic, Visual Studio.NET, C Language, COBOL, ERP, MSSQL, Oracle, DB Visualizer, Crystal Reports, Java, Delphi, XML, PowerBuilder, ASP, API, Cloud Services, Couch databases, gateway system
• Knowledgeable in application software, SharePoint, MS Office suite, Visio, Publisher, InfoPath, Front page, Office Manager, PageMaker, Adobe software, Project Management PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
Cutover Lead July 2019 to Oct 2019
Suncor, Calgary AB
• Coordinated and monitored tasks and activities from deployment to data migration and Integration
• Documented project plans, schedules, timeline, risks, approaches from whole process of ADLP
• Organized meetings, develop deck materials, providing feedbacks to operations, engineering, infrastructure team included developers and project manager
• Provided feedback on issues and concerns encountered in the test, preprod and production environment
• Socialized to the project stream leads, database team, operations team, infrastructure teams for the tasks and support needed in the projects
• Completed two (2) projects for SELC and Canadian Pipelines systems Technology: Project Management, Skype for business, HP Quality Center, JIRA, Power BI Senior QA Nov, 2016 to July 2019
QuirkLogic Solutions, Calgary AB
• Performed regression, functional, sanity, smoke testing for eWriter applications, Android and iOS apps for Quilla
• Coordinated testing for system projects – Software, Hardware, database and Cloud services
• Documented test cases, test strategies and test summary reports
• Provided feedbacks to engineering team included developers and project manager
• Formulated test cases for different eWriter, android apps and IOS apps
• Trained new testers, assigned tasks and mentored intern/new testers
• Checked the log files and error logs; Testing applications, database and API testing
• Documented Test summary reports for each minor and major releases Technology: Couchbase, Testrail, Cloud Services, Jira, Stash, SharePoint, WInscp, Putty, Fiddler, Jenkins, Ubundu, Slack, hipchat, Postman
Test Lead January, 2011 to July, 2012 and May, 2014 to Nov, 2016 Shaw Cables, Calgary AB
• Acted as Lead for enterprise integration testing for Shaw’s systems (internet, TV and phone services)
• Acted as Epic Owner, mentor to testing team and point of contact to the Test Managers, PM, developers, BA, coordinator, UAT, support team.
• Coordinated testing for system projects - CORE, Finance reports, ERP,BI, and SOX compliance
• Organized and conducted meetings, representative of the testing group for the program coordination, product, leadership scrum/standups and sprint meetings.
• Documented test plan, test cases, test strategies, test summary reports and reviewed of test sessions.
• Provided feedbacks to other product team, business support analysis team and others.
• Formulated test validations for different system and upstream/midstream and downstream endpoints
• Trained new testers and mentoring testers and performed testing after deployments on different environments Technology: SQL Developer, Jira, SVN, SharePoint, Weblogic, WInscp, Putty, Mingle, Fiddler, API, Rest Client, Team City, Stash, Programmers Notebook, SOAP, Selenium (Python), DAC, PointServe, Cloud services, Benchmark, NumericTrack, ORACLE ERP, Agile and waterfall strategies.
Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst November, 2012 to April, 2014 Evoco as Accruent Co., Calgary AB Canada
• Assigned tasks, mentored new employees, In-charge of QA team in PS
• Formulated test scripts, conducted data integration and migration testing for UAT and QAT
• Certified releases, and prepared test plan, release notes, test strategies, and test results/reports.
• Validated client’s configurations and setup for roles and securities
• Provided feedbacks and requests to the development team, project teams and DBA team for deployments;
• Involved in triage team and professional services Technology: MS SQL Server, ORACLE, SVN, SharePoint, SpiraTeam, Putty, Jira, Fiddler, Rest Client, Team City, Test Manager, Visual Studio, Watir
Encana/Cenovus, Calgary AB Canada Aug 2012 to Oct 2012
• Acted as IT Coordinator and provided IT assistance to the IT clients for the migration and integration testing for different 3rd party applications, mini applications linked to the main application
• Created and run Oracle scripts for migration from 8i to 11g and system testing for all Interfaces linked to main application
• Conducted functional and regression systems testing for the main applications and mini applications.
• Formulated test plans, developed test cases, run test scripts and documented testing reports. Created bugs and verified bugs fixed.
Technology: HP Quality Center, ORACLE, ATQ, TOAD, SQL Navigator, Visual .NET, Programmer’s Notebook, SVN, SharePoint, Agile strategies
ADP Inc. Calgary AB Canada June, 2010 to Dec, 2010 and Aug, 2012 to Oct 2012
• Involved in the investigations for the system development, source code review, requirements of the Invoicing, Inventory, Billing projects
• Analyzed business and system requirements to formulate, develop, document and execute test cases for the new project and existing projects of the company.
• Verified bug fixes and conducted functional, black and white box, regression, exploratory, stress, sanity and smoke testing.
Technology: Bugzilla, WSCP, Putty, Java, XML, Fileposter, Webmethods, Weblogic, DB Visualizer, TextPad,, Oracle, SVN, SharePoint, Agile strategies
Elluminate Inc, Calgary AB Canada Feb, 2010 to May 2010
• Analyzed business and system requirements, manage development of specifications to create and execute detailed test plans, and verified bug fixes
• Planned, formulated, developed and executed testing activities for different OS platforms.
• Documented different testing strategies, materials and QA processes.
• Conducted functional, unit, performance, exploratory, integration
• Applied quality assurance and control policies, procedures and best practices to all projects. Technology: JIRA, ApTest Manager, Eggplant Test Plant, Java, XML, Oracle, SVN, SharePoint Quality Assurance Analyst Nov, 2007 to Jan, 2010
P2 Energy Solutions Alberta ULC, Calgary AB, Canada
• Tested and analyzed the software developed for oil and gas for functional, performance, exploratory, smoke, stress, unit, data conversion, black box and white box testing;
• Developed, designed and formulated the test scenarios, cases and plans and In-charge of software releases and test cases, UAT and QAT;
• Analyzed system, and processes. Escalated issues to developers for issues logged
• Documented the system features, functionalities, process flow as well as the data diagram flow, test scenarios and cases. Applied learning’s on SDLC in the systems developed; Technology: BTE, SQL Compare, HP Quality Center; ORACLE, MSSQL Server, Delphi, Java, .Net, Load Runner, C#, XML, Citrix, Weblogic, Programmer’s Notebook, SVN, SharePoint Senior Application Developer
eQube Software and Technology Inc., Calgary AB Canada June 2005 – Nov 2007
• Coded computer programs and coordinated in overall coding and debugging of program source codes;
• Designed and analyzed the proposed computerized system as requested by the clients;
• Developed program specifications, reviewed, checked and tested the source codes.
• Documented the systems features, functionalities, process flow as well as the data diagram flow and database administration;
• Provided technical assistance and maintenance to the client’s applications and applications from time to time. Technology: Visual Foxpro, Visual Basic, .NET, MSSQL Server, C#, Crystal Report, Problem tracker, Win Runner, HTML Information Technology Officer II
Commission on Audit (COA) Government – Philippines Dec. 1983 – April 2005
• Acted as Quality Assurance Officer for 4 years;
• Acted as System and database administrator (using MS SQL Server) for 5 years
• Acted as System analyst, senior programmer, overall project integrator and librarian for 15 years
• Acted as resource speaker, trainer and facilitator for in-house computer training programs for 10 years
• Involved in the development of software: government procurement IS, accounting system, inventory system and personal monitoring system and implementation of IT Audit and QA Procedures. Technology: Visual Basic, .NET, Power Builder, MSSQL Server, Bug tracker, HTML, Visual Foxpro, Oracle, COBOL, C Programming, FrontPage, Flowcharting, Statistical Tools, LoadRunner Teacher & Professor Undergraduate & Graduate School (Part time) June 1999–March 2005
• College of Computer Science and Information Technology –Philippines
• Master of Science in Information Tech. (MSIT/MIT) - Philippines VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE: Computer Trainer
Samaritan Purse, Calgary 2007 to present
Our Daily Bread Ministry 2009 to present
Calgary Homeless Foundation 2010
CMCN (Calgary Mennonites Centre for Newcomers) May 2005 - March 2007 Grace Baptist Church Oct. 2006 - May 2007
Keller Graduate School, Illinois USA (2008)
Master in Project Management (Taken- Managing Quality course) Philippines: (evaluated by IQAS –Canada)
Master in Public Administration (2002)
Master in Accountancy – (31 units) 3rd Year (1995) Proficiency in Software Programming (1984)
Bachelor of Science in Statistics (1983)