WALTER ALMON, PE, PMP
907-***-****; Austin, Texas
Almon Engineering — Business, Project Management & Carbon Neutrality Consultant 2019
Accomplishments: High-tech start-up business, developed Business Plan, project management plans. BP, Alaska — Operations Mechanical, Civil, Lifting Engineering Team Lead; Integrity Engineer, Project Lead & Program Manager
2007 - 2018
Accomplishments: Managed twenty discipline engineers who supported oil and gas production facilities.
· Oversee approximately 25,000 actions by engineering team in support of facilities.
· Supported pressure vessel and tank inspections and maintenance, completed 100% of all required inspections annually.
· Serve as program manager of seawater system production program, consisting of approximately 40 projects costing $189 million and project lead on projects in oil & gas facilities on the Alaska North Slope. E.I. duPont de Nemours Inc., Beaumont, Texas — Process Safety Management Lead, Project Engineering Superintendent, Project Engineer
Accomplishments: · Managed $2.5 million heater project, on budget, scope and three times faster than best practices.
· Instituted comprehensive first party audit system that significantly increase PSM conformance. Conducted two facility siting studies.
· Supervised central site engineering group of over 40 engineers and drafters, with an annual budget over $4 million. Managed capital projects and coordinated for approval. Oversaw and modified project process.
· Served as design project engineer and project team leader on small capital projects in chemicals plant. ACADEMIC EXPERIENCE
University of Alaska Anchorage (UAA) — Adjunct Professor, Project Management 2010 - present
Accomplishments: Instruct Project Time Management graduate-level course. 2010, 2011
· Student Faculty Advisor, 2010 – present·
professional and engineer
with career expertise
providing end-to-end project
leadership and plant project
group supervision in domestic
and international settings.
capital projects, facilities
oilfield corrosion, plant
document and information
management, and business
Core competencies include:
Plant Project Engineering,
Inspection Systems, ASME
Section VIII Pressure Vessel
Analysis, Oilfield Corrosion;
Team Leadership, Process
Project Management Institute
(VP Finance 2012-2018,
• American Society of
• The Honor Society of Phi
Alaska Multiple Sclerosis
• Golden Triangle Business
• Construction Industries
· UAA Project Management Advisory Board, 2014-present, (chair 2018-2019) EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
Master of Science in Project Management — University of Alaska Anchorage Master of Business Administration — Phillips University, Oklahoma Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering — Oklahoma State University Engineering Management Certification – The University of Manchester, UK Project Management Professional (PMP)
Registered Professional Engineer — Texas & Oklahoma Six Sigma Green Belt
Mechanical Engineer of the Year — American Society of Mechanical Engineers 2006 Engineering Excellence Award — E.I. duPont de Nemours Inc. 2003,2005